• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Premium for 'home' players

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
It's fucking ridiculous. Just heard SSN repeat a story that Spurs have been quoted £20M for McCarthy by Wigan.

Makes you wonder what the current value of Henderson, Jonjo and Sterling are.

Mcarthy for 20m or mktaryan the Armenian fella for 20m? The price of British players is fuckin ridiculous.

What's that home country quota thing again? How many does each club need to have?

Cos presumably that's a contributory part of the inflated costs?

Transfer fees don't dissipate away into nothingness. If you pay another English club 20 million for some journeyman, then a few windows down the line that money will circle its way back to you. The net amount is misleading as the majority of the fee is just being recirculated and topped up by the introduction of stupid billionaires and inflation.

So you would have a higher fee for an English transfer because the money is going at a more rapid rate. You would be less inclined to pay as much to a club in Europe because it will be a fucking long time before you see that money again. It's like a sickening game of pass the parcel.

I have no stats or graphs to back this up but I would say that lesser teams in England have far more money than their European counterparts (or in some cases even big teams elsewhere in the world) and therefore are going to demand more money particularly from other English teams.

It's fucking ridiculous. Just heard SSN repeat a story that Spurs have been quoted £20M for McCarthy by Wigan.

Makes you wonder what the current value of Henderson, Jonjo and Sterling are.

Its always inflated when a bigger team tries to buy the player. If a lesser team came in for Shelvey, Hendo or Sterling they'll have to pay what the players are actually worth.
Which is below £ 10 million for all three of them.

I have no stats or graphs to back this up but I would say that lesser teams in England have far more money than their European counterparts (or in some cases even big teams elsewhere in the world) and therefore are going to demand more money particularly from other English teams.

Well it makes sense given the TV deal in the Premiership

McCarthy is turning into a very decent midfielder. He's not worth anywhere near 20m but some good clubs will want him

Transfer fees don't dissipate away into nothingness. If you pay another English club 20 million for some journeyman, then a few windows down the line that money will circle its way back to you. The net amount is misleading as the majority of the fee is just being recirculated and topped up by the introduction of stupid billionaires and inflation.

So you would have a higher fee for an English transfer because the money is going at a more rapid rate. You would be less inclined to pay as much to a club in Europe because it will be a fucking long time before you see that money again. It's like a sickening game of pass the parcel.

Am I whooshing myself by saying this is utter codswallop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom