• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pretenders to the throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadey

Very Well-Known
Number 19 is in the bag and we’ll be bang at it again next season number 20.
Who is going to be our biggest threat, you have to say city but the COVID-19 has tightened the purse strings on all the big clubs, Chelsea have money to spend as they have the Hazard and Morata cash. Citeh will feel the Pinch but they need a new defence which can be costly and would you join if you ain’t playing in the champions league. Scum need big signings to have any chance of going for the title but still years behind us and city, forget the rest their shit. So if no team doesn’t spend massively I’m confident we can defend our title but we’ll see what the summer transfers bring,thoughts.

City just City will challenge us.

Chelsea not a chance, have you seen their keeper and defence?

I'm not even going to bother replying about United, Spurs and Arsenal.

City. Just City. Chelsea are building a nice squad, but their keeper is rubbish, their full backs are ageing and Lampard is very inexperienced. They could be decent but I just can't see them challenging.

Chelsea and United seem to be going in the right direction. If one of them goes on a good run of results early in the season and starts building momentum, you never know.

City should really be starting the season in league 2 for their egregious FFP violations.

Last edited:
It will be City all the way.

I suspect Koulibaby will make them a different proposition to this year. Whether he's enough to fix their defence is debatable, but given their strength in other areas there won't be such a gap next season. I think it will be a five point swing either way.

United and Chelsea will make up the remaining spots.

Can see Spurs imploding.

Mourinho is due to get the sack soon, by his normal timeline.

As long as Utd keep Ole at the wheel- they’ll struggle.

Be interesting to see if Brodgers keeps it going at Leicester or falls for another tranny.

It will be City all the way.

I suspect Koulibaby will make them a different proposition to this year. Whether he's enough to fix their defence is debatable, but given their strength in other areas there won't be such a gap next season. I think it will be a five point swing either way.

United and Chelsea will make up the remaining spots.

Can see Spurs imploding.

Does Koulibaly play the same side as Laporte? If so when they’re both fit they’ll still have 3 shit defenders.

From now till 2024, I expect us to win at least 2 more league titles. Pep and a host of their players will certainly go since they won't have the Champs League (unless they bought their way out again in the July appeal), United will have Ole the pretender for the next 2 or 3 seasons, Chelsea probably ran out of manager to hire and both Spurs and Arsenal won't be too much of a threat. Spurs will be the main talking point as title contender because of Mourinho, but the fucker has yet to change his style so can't see him fair too far off. So between 2020/21 season till 2022/23 season, we will probably have a clear run towards the title, unless some of you fellas think that white teeth Rodgers going to do anything serious (oooh... maybe he takes over from Pep and manages Sterling again? :))

City, but they need to improve their defense, and replace Aguero and Sane.

A couple of years are needed for Chelsea and Man U to get their act together.
Leicester, I don't know. I think they are a bit thin and one dimensional.

If city get a 2 year ban their stars will want out and top tier players won’t go there.

City will be 2nd or 1st, if Pep stays and they spend 600mill this summer after ripping up ffp and winning their case.
Problem is always going to be the same with city, Pep's team can't defend, regardless of what expensive defenders they buy, and teams feel a bit more comfortable sitting back and countering them now, so I can see them losing a similar amount of games next year.
Chelsea will be 3rd I'd have thought, then the usual crap shoot for 4th with the usual names in the mix.

I don’t think UEFA are just completely abandoning FFP for the next few years. So they just won’t go out and spent an absolute fortune they haven’t “earned”. They will be better off than most as their owners will top off the “COVID impact” in income. They still need to replace
Silva
Aguero
Sane

They’ve still not replaced Kompany.

Yes, they’ll be second and I agree with Mors, they’ll still be inconsistent.

I think as it currently stands City are coming to the end of a cycle, it happens to all teams but they have key players who have passed their peak in terms of form/fitness and its diminishing returns from here onwards. Id expect them to be in the top 2 or 3 but unless they buy top class back ups for Fernandinho, Aguero to rest them plus replacements for Sané and Kompany weve seen the best of this side. If they do go out and spend £250m on 4 top class players then they could well be the team to beat but I dont see that happening with Pep finishing in 12 months. They will likely keep their wallet shut and give the next boss a massive warchest to rebuild.

Chelsea have added some serious talent to the attacking options available and they are not finished yet by all accounts. I still dont think they have the back 4 to win the title and their manager is relatively inexperienced in high pressure situations. They will be better next year but the standard to win the league now is ludicrous, 95+ points required, they just arent at that level of consistency. They are at least one more season away but they are a club on the rise.

Utd are further back then Chelsea both in terms of rebuilding and transfer dealings. Much like us they are run as a business so they wont spend big this summer. Their back 4 is awful and their goalkeeper gets worse by the day, although they could resolve that by recalling Henderson from Sheffield. Their biggest issue is their unimaginative and predictable manager.

I think our biggest threat is fatigue. This team has been firing on all cylinders for 2.5 years now. Weve been very lucky in terms of injuries to key players and we dont have a deep squad in terms of high quality attacking options.

Its highly unlikely we can replicate the astonishing run that delivered this title but in all probabikity we wont need to. Next season we will rightly start as strong favourites.

Would VvD be shit if he moved to play RCB? Koulibaly and Laporte are both wonderful CBs, they'd sort it out.

It isn’t a case of being shit. But moving a player from where he has played or change the system he’s played in all his playing life seldom has it’s rewards. We’ve done it so many times and failed.

Would VvD be shit if he moved to play RCB? Koulibaly and Laporte are both wonderful CBs, they'd sort it out.

Yeah, I don't think RCB vs LCB is such a big deal as people are making out. Top players should have no problem adjusting.

It isn’t a case of being shit. But moving a player from where he has played or change the system he’s played in all his playing life seldom has it’s rewards. We’ve done it so many times and failed.
RCB to LCB isn't a big deal (and vice versa) especially since Koulibaly is right footed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom