• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Privacy and Tapatalk

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Blame Tapatalk.. It kinda gives you that info on a plate.. he needs to change his privacy settings and disable his public profile if he doesn't want to be 'stalked'

For instance a certain well known user on here likes his vape sites and looking at some of the other tech forums he browses, it confirms he is a bit of a geek like me.

Though im not too sure what chickswithdicks.com is doing in amongst his visited sites [emoji33]

Joking aside, Id thought I would highlight this, Tapatalk is becoming more social therefore any user can view your profile to view your forum history and the sites you visit, posts habits and history

Now if you are like me and like to keep some things about yourself a little private even though you have nothing to hide, then change your public profile in Tapatalk settings to cater for your needs..

Tip of Day for you

Last edited:
I've got fuck all to hide amongst my forum choices.

I may choose to hide them for more obvious reasons, like password & data phishing (i use random passwords for most things but forums I only frequent occasionally get a generic one).

I've got fuck all to hide amongst my forum choices.

I may choose to hide them for more obvious reasons, like password & data phishing (i use random passwords for most things but forums I only frequent occasionally get a generic one).
Me too, though Its more about 'Big Brother' tbh.. and Taptalk is helping users find out more information about you...

It only takes a person to visit a site you have been visiting, and certain information is given out about you and bingo.. It useful for anyone to be able to trace your 'habits' as it where..

I highlighted this purely as more and more users are moving to Taptalk and some of those users probably like their privacy to be.... well private..

Last edited:
Can't see how to change it. Then again I haven't updated Tapatalk for ages.
Tap on the little me Icon on the main page of tapatalk then click settings and click on public profile you can set your preferences there

Tap on the little me Icon on the main page of tapatalk then click settings and click on public profile you can set your preferences there
I don't have that option.

d908309ac37f21056b3f2ae94b6afb82.jpg

I'm sticking with one that works nicely with no advertising built in.
Sadly you are opted in by default, so unless you update, you won't be able to change your settings..

Peeps can continue to view your public profile and your posting habits.. From anywhere you have viewed via Taptalk..

Last edited:
It's only you that would bother.
Ha ha.

Nah.. If someone wants to find something about you, it is making it a little easier for them

Same kinda thing like having Facebook set so Everyone can read your profile..

Though if you have nothing to hide, it doesn't matter I guess..

That being said, some people who work in certain professions, I.e Teachers prefer not to be publically known on the interweb..

I know one or two who take measures to the extreme, avoiding Social Media all together, as they see it as a potential 'Threat' to their employment..

Last edited:
I just use the responsive version of the site, what's the advantage of using tapatalk other than the ability to share more information about yourself than you want to?

That being said, some people who work in certain professions, I.e Teachers prefer not to be publically known on the interweb..

I know one or two who take measures to the extreme, avoiding Social Media all together, as they see it as a potential 'Threat' to their employment..
I know two teachers that live in England and they've changed their names to the Irish versions so the kids can't find them.

I know two teachers that live in England and they've changed their names to the Irish versions so the kids can't find them.
That's the problem with the teaching profession some kids can be vindictive little fuckers especially if they have a gripe with a certain Teacher..

Its no suprise really why some Teacher's take extreme actions to protect their private lives in the way they do..

I just use the responsive version of the site, what's the advantage of using tapatalk other than the ability to share more information about yourself than you want to?
The browser version is still too fiddly if you have sausage fingers like me.

Although I'm trying not to use tapatalk now because of the annoying previewing pictures thing it does.

I got a message from Tapatalk yesterday welcoming me to Oatcake Fanzine. I replied What the fuck is Oatcake Fanzine? I am now in a small group chat of other people who have been kidnapped by Oatcake Fanzine. It's a Stoke fan club. Nobody in the group chat is a Stoke fan or has a clue why they are there.

Back
Top Bottom