• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"Projects"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
Listening to Paris Saint-Germain chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi talking about signing Cavani and the "project" at PSG.
PSG want to win the Champions League within 4 years. Their spending is now close to 300 mill in 2 years after Cavani has signed and Marquinhos and Digne are all but confirmed.

Firstly, I hate the word as its just highlights everything thats wrong with football these days. But, secondly, what happens when these "projects" are fullfilled or more importantly not?

so far, the 'mega rich' owners seem to stick around ... so once the project succeeds, they try and find ways to make sure they don't lose money.

Thats the thing though, if these owners leave then clubs will just be bankrupt from right to left.
The transfer fees paid these days are insane. You'd feel at some point this will end very badly for a lot of clubs.

It will all depend on who the owners sell to when they get bored, and if more billionaires are willing to invest into the game, or if it goes out of fashion.

We're still at the first stage of it all.

Gotta love Al-Khelaifi though re Barcas annoying interest in Silva:

"If Barca pay the buy-out clause of Thiago Silva then I will meet Messi's buy-out clause,"

They can meet the clause but ultimately it's up to Messi whether he wants to join them, no?

Absolutly, I think it was more I've got bigger bollocks than you sort of comeback.

i won't lie , it irritates that out of all the buy-outs in recent years , ours (to hicks and the other cock) was up there with the worst . And time will tell with the current lot , they probably haven't done too much wrong but at the same time i can't trust them .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom