• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Q&A with Dave Maddock

Status
Not open for further replies.

the count

SCM's least favourite muppet
Honorary Member
EK-hThZXYAA5B8L
EK-hThbW4AALBrB
EK-hThTW4AEcBYa
EK-hTjXXsAIesBf

I think it might be time to open up a campsite at Chez Sancho
At approx 130m, if sancho comes in then Salah is off in the summer. Tbh I think that move makes sense from a number of perspectives, & if we do win the league & are signing the likes of sancho I doubt there'll be too many complaints.

The team needs constantly tweaking & refreshing (cf spurs) & sometimes that means big names have to go, to do so on our terms when we want them to go, for big big money that can be reinvested in the team on younger players, is a work away from the likes of Owen, Macca, & even Sterling, forcing moves.

Sancho has been working with Nike this year if that makes any difference at all. He seems likely to be our next big target. Klopp wanted him City but they wouldn't sell.

His performances in Germany have been at a level you rarely see for a player of his age. He's another Sterling who will continue to play at the top level for years.

The idea of him swapping out with Mane and Salah is extremely exciting. Signing Sancho also allows Mane to play or cover the striker role more frequently, which he's shown in the past that he's extremely threatening.

Good to have some confirmation that Aouar is on the radar. Definitely fits the profile described: "players aged 19-24 with the potential to get better." Sancho does too, obviously.

Shame about Shaq. Not sure what's going on there given he's been great when called upon.

Shame about Shaq. Not sure what's going on there given he's been great when called upon.

Just saw The Athletic article where Shaq says he has no reason to leave and is happy. Granted I only read the byline and not the content so he could have been referring only to the upcoming transfer window.

Shaqiri is already 28 so it makes sense to sell if we get to make a tidy profit and reinvest in the squad. Wished he was more involved though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom