• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Qataris pullout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, now come and make an offer to FSG.

No I'm kidding.

You say this jokingly, I bet they'll go for another Prem or high level European club (inc Liverpool)
and then chuck fricking gazillions at it to compete with the Saudi and Emirati clubs.

There's no doubt a lot of pissed of Qataris right now and they'll want in on this whole sports bonanza their cousins have got involved in

You say this jokingly, I bet they'll go for another Prem or high level European club (inc Liverpool)
and then chuck fricking gazillions at it to compete with the Saudi and Emirati clubs.

There's no doubt a lot of pissed of Qataris right now and they'll want in on this whole sports bonanza their cousins have got involved in

Weren't they the second, with PSG? They're already the deepest in.

Fz0Y1RLWcAA5xxc.jpg

[article]Despite his credentials as a life-long fan, Ratcliffe is not expected to be a constant presence at United, according to people who know him.

When not at home in Monaco, he regularly embarks on lengthy trips to remote corners of the globe. At one point during the negotiations with United, Ratcliffe dialled in via satellite phone from a month-long expedition in the Mongolian steppe, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter.

Marc Ganis, a Chicago-based sports consultant who knows the Glazer family through his work with the NFL, reckons the partnership has a strong chance of confounding sceptics.

“If they decide to do a deal as has been described, I think Joel will be an exceptional partner for Ratcliffe. He has the perfect temperament for this kind of thing,” he said. “He will stay in his lane.”

Brailsford is set to have the most involvement in the day-to-day oversight of United’s sporting operations, according to people with knowledge of Ratcliffe’s plans. A veteran cycling coach, Brailsford is best known for espousing a philosophy of marginal gains in which a series of tiny improvements lead to substantial success.

Those who have worked with the 59-year-old describe him as an intense and demanding workaholic. “He’s a performance guy,” said one, pointing to Brailsford’s drive to push athletes and teams to greater success.

Yet Ratcliffe’s record as a sports owner is a chequered one. Swiss football team Lausanne, which Ratcliffe bought in 2017, was relegated soon after and has achieved little since. French side Nice, which Ineos acquired in a €100mn deal in 2018, has fallen short of its target of competing in the Champions League. Mercedes’ last F1 constructor’s championship came in 2021, while the Ineos Grenadiers cycling team has not recently challenged for top honours.

“I don’t think it’ll change anything,” Blackhurst said of the prospective deal. “Ratcliffe’s record in sports ownership is poor, and it’s still the Glazers’ money.”
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom