• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rangers friendly WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Adam will return to Ibrox for the first time since leaving Rangers

Rangers will face Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool in a friendly at Ibrox Stadium on Tuesday 18 October.

Charlie Adam and DannyWilson will return to Ibrox for the first time since leaving Rangers.

Rangers manager Ally McCoist saidtheclubwere looking forward to facing"world-classplayers".

"We look forward to welcoming Charlie and Danny back and I'm sure fans will turn out in numbers to watch us against such a high-profile side," he said.

Defender Wilson moved from theScottish champions to Anfield in 2010, while midfielder Adam joined his fellow Scotland international at theBarclays PremierLeague club this summer via a spell at Blackpool.

The two clubs have arranged thefriendlyas they seek added income to compensate for thelackofEuropean competition this season.

Liverpool failed to finish high enough last season to qualify for either the Champions League or Europa League.

Scottish champions Rangerslost toMalmoin Champions League qualifying and then failed to overcome Maribor in their attempt to reach theEuropa League group stage.

-------------------------------------------

Right after the Man U game. Why more games? Fitness issues?

Could be good for those who arent playing. Maxi, Doni, Wilson etc
Maybe even those coming back from injury.
Johnson, Aurelio and Agger.

I hope we don't play too many big names in this. Seems a fucking stupid move for what will be a few quid.

I've read that we are playing this game to help Rangers out as they are up shit creek right now, tax bill due or something like that. As long as we play the kids and fringe players I don't see a problem with this.

[quote author=livvy185 link=topic=47101.msg1409028#msg1409028 date=1317768094]
I've read that we are playing this game to help Rangers out as they are up shit creek right now, tax bill due or something like that. As long as we play the kids and fringe players I don't see a problem with this.
[/quote]

Ok, that makes more sense. Scary a club as big as rangers could be in such deep shit.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=47101.msg1409041#msg1409041 date=1317772018]
It was probably part of the Wilson deal or something.
[/quote]

So it was a win, win-deal (for Rangers).

It's weird but should be good for us.

We don't have that many games this season due to being out of Europe so can use this to give some time to a couple of the fringe players and it'd be great for someone like Gerrard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom