• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think the clubs who can afford these kind of money would know better than to pay sky high premiums for their dross. It would be funny though.

Spent over €300m on 5 transfers already with fans demanding the signing of Mbappe. In 2009 they spend a staggering €254m on 7 signings which included Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, and Alonso. It seems that they have to sell players now to finance the next Galactico signing.
It might be the case we could get Marco Asensio for a reported figure of £70m.
https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/06/13/5d0176b5e2704ea4118b45ca.html
This is clearly a build up to take on the new kings of Europe for next season. I would just fucking Love it if we are responsible for dumping this new look Madrid out of the CL next season. I only fear Hazard from their new signings, who I really hopes just succeeds enough to keep him in Spain..just.

This is clearly a build up to take on the new kings of Europe for next season. I would just fucking Love it if we are responsible for dumping this new look Madrid out of the CL next season. I only fear Hazard from their new signings, who I really hopes just succeeds enough to keep him in Spain..just.
My boy told me they are in Pot 2 for the CL, so maybe we'll get them in the group stages :)

My boy told me they are in Pot 2 for the CL, so maybe we'll get them in the group stages :)
Even better, we may get to smash them up 2,3 or even 4 times. I fucking hate them, if Man United are the domestic cunts we really hate then this lot are the ones i hold with equal ... hate in Europe...closely followed by Barca.

62456569_2689401001117546_1096277358488322048_n.jpg

62456494_2689401021117544_1889906715432845312_n.jpg

62436650_2689401067784206_737442689267531776_n.jpg

62484287_2689401111117535_9197190624887963648_n.jpg

Zidane sets price tag for Liverpool-linked midfield schemer

Date published: Friday 14th June 2019 12:12
GettyImages.1148675554.jpg

Liverpool have learned they must pay at least £80million to land Real Madrid star Marco Asensio this summer, reports in Spain claim.
It was claimed in February that Real are ready to consider offers for the 23-year-old in the summer, something which caught the attention of a number of top clubs.

Liverpool were apparently alerted to reports Asensio could be available for £131million (€150m), and Manchester United have also been credited with interest.
ESPN recently stated that Jurgen Klopp could revive their pursuit of the Spain international, who may jump at the chance to play under the German and help take his career to the next level.
Now, according to AS, the LaLiga giants have set an asking price in the region of £80-88m for Asensio, with Zinedine Zidane making it clear that he is not a major part of their plans for 2019-20.
Madrid have spent nearly £300million already this summer with the arrivals of attacking players Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic and Rodrygo and Zidane has decided that Asensio can go this summer for the right price.
Several outlets have stated that Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is looking to replace Xherdan Shaqiri this summer, with the Swiss international possible set to depart Anfield due to a lack of consistent game time.
Klopp did look at trying to sign an offensive midfielder last summer when a move for Nabil Fekir, who has been linked with the club again, fell through at the last minute

There was a story elsewhere that Zidane has 500m euro to spend, he might not be done yet. Pogba?

Normally clubs are worried about shifting their unwanted high earners but Madrid don't seem to have this concern.

Only 1 of those players they've bought, Hazard, is for the first team too. Wonder if they would consider selling Asensio to us now, we went for him before Salah.

Ive never understood the fuss over him, certainly not worth anything like £80m, that sort of fee should be reserved for world class talent not also rans that Madrid want to offload to balance the books. £50m would be about right. He got 1 league goal last season, 1 from 30 games. His technique is incredible, but everything is pretty average, his end product is really poor, he doesnt work hard and hes very self indulgent on the ball.

If we pay a club record fee for him I would be amazed, I dont even think he gets into the first team. Somebody is going to massively overpay for him to make a statement on the basis of him being a Madrid player and Spanish international, I just hope it isnt us.

He doesn't come across as a Klopp grafter in midfield. All the technique in the world doesn't matter unless you put a shift in. Can't see us being interested.

We ought to be able to get van set Beek without selling Salah, what? In that Ajax team, he’s the one I thought was the best of them all.

We ought to be able to get van set Beek without selling Salah, what? In that Ajax team, he’s the one I thought was the best of them all.

We could sign Pepe AND Van Der Beek without selling Salah if we wanted.

We’re European champions and have just turned over the largest prize money amounts of the super-rich EPL teams, 2 seasons in a row.

Anyone coming here it should be made clear- you have to play better than the current team - there are no guarantees - but if you do - you’ll achieve the highest honours in the game.

Bloody right, too. The days of weakening ourselves in a forlorn bid to increase squad numbers are in the past.

Supposing we sold Salah and got Werner, Pepe, and Asensio or Van Der Beek, would you change your mind then?

I don't see us letting Salah go unless he seriously goes wrong or wants to leave. Right now, he is a sure thing for us with the goals and his general wing play, there is not guarantee that the players you are listing will be adequate replacements for the goals Salah provides, they all have common issues... none are PL proven players, and additionally:

• Werner - don't know much about him other than the goals he has scored are not that high in number to suggest he will be adequate replacement for Mane/Salah. I know he has pace, but the other thing I have noticed is that the number of games he is playing per season is not that high - is he injury prone ? - both Salah and Mane have great fitness records which also needs to be considered.
  • Pepe - I like the youtube stuff on him, very Hazard like in the French league. I think Nicol recently pointed out something about him that put a doubt in my mind too, he has this gangly kind of running dribbling style. Would that work in the PL - really stupid question I know but again you have to ask would he be able to replicate that form in the PL.
  • Asensio - saw glimpses of his talent in the world cup, but just cannot see him putting in the work rate that is demanded by Klopp in midfield. Also, I am really reluctant to sign another bit-part player from Real Madrid.
  • Van Der Beek - lot of great talk about him, but I find it strange that in @rurikbird 's analysis, and others people keep talking about his ability to take up positions that no one else thinks about - he is very forward thinking etc... - if he is the only one doing that in the team and thinking like that - I doubt the rest of the team will ever find him on the pitch to pass to. I really don't know what this guy would bring to our current team.

All I know is that we need a creative mid, a creative forward to replace Studge, and a organising defender if Lovren is to leave. Also replacements for others that will depart too e.g. goalkeeper, and obviously a left back to cover Robbo - which I think is important - I have said it before, Gomez gets injured playing on the wings, don't think his running style suits him for the LB/RB positions.

Apparently the Madrid fans were chanting ‘we want Mbappe’ at Hazards unveiling. Lol

I had it in my head like that fucking awful program about spoilt yank teens who burst into tears when they get a Lexus for their birthday because they were promised a Porsche. Don't ruin it for me

I had it in my head like that fucking awful program about spoilt yank teens who burst into tears when they get a Lexus for their birthday because they were promised a Porsche. Don't ruin it for me

Well, it's more they got a Lexus and they like it, but they want a Porsche aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom