1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Real Madrid

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by bluebell, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluebell

bluebell Very Active Member

Spent over €300m on 5 transfers already with fans demanding the signing of Mbappe. In 2009 they spend a staggering €254m on 7 signings which included Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, and Alonso. It seems that they have to sell players now to finance the next Galactico signing.
    It might be the case we could get Marco Asensio for a reported figure of £70m.
    https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/06/13/5d0176b5e2704ea4118b45ca.html

2. KopRed

KopRed Very Active Member

I would think the clubs who can afford these kind of money would know better than to pay sky high premiums for their dross. It would be funny though.

3. moron

moron i am legend Member

This is clearly a build up to take on the new kings of Europe for next season.  I would just fucking Love it if we are responsible for dumping this new look Madrid out of the CL next season.  I only fear Hazard from their new signings, who I really hopes just succeeds enough to keep him in Spain..just.

4. tombrown

tombrown Very Well-Known Member

My boy told me they are in Pot 2 for the CL, so maybe we'll get them in the group stages :)

moron likes this.
  5. moron

moron i am legend Member

Even better, we may get to smash them up 2,3 or even 4 times.  I fucking hate them, if Man United are the domestic cunts we really hate then this lot are the ones i hold with equal ... hate in Europe...closely followed by Barca.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. LeTallecWiz

LeTallecWiz Mo(ssa)d Administrator

7. bluebell

Zidane sets price tag for Liverpool-linked midfield schemer

Date published: Friday 14th June 2019 12:12
    [​IMG]
    Liverpool have learned they must pay at least £80million to land Real Madrid star Marco Asensio this summer, reports in Spain claim.
    It was claimed in February that Real are ready to consider offers for the 23-year-old in the summer, something which caught the attention of a number of top clubs.

Liverpool were apparently alerted to reports Asensio could be available for £131million (€150m), and Manchester United have also been credited with interest.
    ESPN recently stated that Jurgen Klopp could revive their pursuit of the Spain international, who may jump at the chance to play under the German and help take his career to the next level.
    Now, according to AS, the LaLiga giants have set an asking price in the region of £80-88m for Asensio, with Zinedine Zidane making it clear that he is not a major part of their plans for 2019-20.
    Madrid have spent nearly £300million already this summer with the arrivals of attacking players Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic and Rodrygo and Zidane has decided that Asensio can go this summer for the right price.
    Several outlets have stated that Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is looking to replace Xherdan Shaqiri this summer, with the Swiss international possible set to depart Anfield due to a lack of consistent game time.
    Klopp did look at trying to sign an offensive midfielder last summer when a move for Nabil Fekir, who has been linked with the club again, fell through at the last minute

8. Markeh

Markeh Very Well-Known Member

There was a story elsewhere that Zidane has 500m euro to spend, he might not be done yet. Pogba?

Normally clubs are worried about shifting their unwanted high earners but Madrid don't seem to have this concern.

9. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Only 1 of those players they've bought, Hazard, is for the first team too. Wonder if they would consider selling Asensio to us now, we went for him before Salah.

10. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Ive never understood the fuss over him, certainly not worth anything like £80m, that sort of fee should be reserved for world class talent not also rans that Madrid want to offload to balance the books. £50m would be about right. He got 1 league goal last season, 1 from 30 games. His technique is incredible, but everything is pretty average, his end product is really poor, he doesnt work hard and hes very self indulgent on the ball.

If we pay a club record fee for him I would be amazed, I dont even think he gets into the first team. Somebody is going to massively overpay for him to make a statement on the basis of him being a Madrid player and Spanish international, I just hope it isnt us.

moron likes this.
  11. Halmeister

Halmeister Some sort of pun about having a well known member Member

He doesn't come across as a Klopp grafter in midfield. All the technique in the world doesn't matter unless you put a shift in. Can't see us being interested.

12. JurgenKlopp

JurgenKlopp Very Active Member

Apparently hazard asked modric for the number 10 jersey, he refused

13. King Binny

King Binny Very Well-Known Honorary Member

14. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside Member

As long as they don’t bid for any of our players I couldn’t care less.

15. bluebell

Supposing we sold Salah and got Werner, Pepe, and Asensio or Van Der Beek, would you change your mind then?

16. Red Bird

Red Bird Very Active Member

We ought to be able to get van set Beek without selling Salah, what? In that Ajax team, he’s the one I thought was the best of them all.

17. StevieM

StevieM SCM's resident Beer Nazi, Wine Snob & Comic Geek Honorary Member

We could sign Pepe AND Van Der Beek without selling Salah if we wanted.

We’re European champions and have just turned over the largest prize money amounts of the super-rich EPL teams, 2 seasons in a row.

Anyone coming here it should be made clear- you have to play better than the current team - there are no guarantees - but if you do - you’ll achieve the highest honours in the game.

18. Red Bird

Red Bird Very Active Member

Bloody right, too. The days of weakening ourselves in a forlorn bid to increase squad numbers are in the past.

19. Dreambeliever

Pointless discussion as that will never happen

Frogfish likes this.
  20. Dreambeliever

It is great to not have so talk about the missing piece of the jigsaw anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.