• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Real make Valencia bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mors

Well-Known
Antonio Valencia's agent has confirmed Real Madrid have made a bid for the Wigan winger.

Wigan are resigned to losing the Ecuador international and Real Madrid and Manchester United are believed to be battling it out for his services.

Latics boss Steve Bruce has openly admitted the 23-year-old will move on in the summer as Wigan prepare to sell him to the highest bidder.

Real have held a long-term interest in Valencia and tried to sign him during the January transfer window, and they have now made the first moves to lure him to the Spanish capital this summer by tabling an offer.

United are also believed to have contacted Wigan to register their interest in the skilful wide-man with Sir Alex Ferguson a big admirer of the South American.

The player's agent Diego Herrera has admitted Real have bid for Valencia and that Wigan are awaiting other offers before allowing the player to leave.

"I believe Wigan will sell Antonio for the right offer and they will decide that once they receive that," Herrera told skysports.com.

"Real Madrid made an offer last week, but nobody from Wigan has told me of an offer from Manchester United.

"There are a number of interested clubs and I will speak with Wigan about it this week.

"Once the season is over I expect offers to be made and I will sit down with Antonio and decide what offer is in his best interests."

I guess he's a bit better than Pennant huh Ramos? ;)

If he was left footed and played off the left wing, he'd be worth a look.

But with Benny and Dirk, we're covered on the right.

Incidentally, Benny whilst stepping up big time this year, is just awful when played on the left. On the right, or just off the striker. Anywhere else, and he's pretty much a waste.

[quote author=ibromurph link=topic=33606.msg870367#msg870367 date=1242727583]
If he was left footed and played off the left wing, he'd be worth a look.

But with Benny and Dirk, we're covered on the right.

Incidentally, Benny whilst stepping up big time this year, is just awful when played on the left. On the right, or just off the striker. Anywhere else, and he's pretty much a waste.
[/quote]

Agreed.

Played just off the striker, Yossi is a matchwinner. Anywhere else and his contribution is usually pretty moderate.

Unfortunately genuine quality wing players seem as rare as hens' teeth these days.

GBP21.5 Million for Valencia !!!

Steve Bruce has thrashed out a £21.5million deal with Real Madrid for Antonio Valencia - but challenged Sir Alex Ferguson to match the valuation if he wants the Wigan winger.

Valencia, 23, is seen by Manchester United as a potential replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo and he has been tracked by a number of suitors.

Aston Villa and Tottenham had asked to be kept informed but, with the two biggest clubs in the world going head-to-head, it seems they are out of the running.

Wigan boss Bruce has been negotiating with Madrid for a few months but this is the first time details of the fee - an £18m downpayment and a further £3.5m in add-ons - have been released.

Bruce hinted a deal was afoot after Saturday's 2-0 defeat at Stoke, when he said: 'It's inevitable that Valencia will go but we'll get good money for him.'

A move to United would give Ferguson cover if Ronaldo works his exit from the Barclays Premier League champions, but if Valencia heads for the Spanish capital the chances of Bernabeu bosses footing the bill for a world-record offer for Ronaldo might sharply diminish.

The cash involved is astonishing given that Ecuador star Valencia has played less than 50 times in the Premier League since Paul Jewell signed him three years ago.

Bruce is keen to start team rebuilding and is therefore anxious to resolve the Valencia issue quickly.

Replacement for Ronaldo *blinks* ???

21.5 M !?!?!? *stares incredulously at the paper*

Re: GBP21.5 Million for Valencia !!!

The world's gone mad.

What has Valencia done exactly to justify either the mancs or Real wanting him at all, let alone at that crazy valuation?!

Re: GBP21.5 Million for Valencia !!!

There's a real lack of top class wingers out there. Hence the valuation for a 'good' one.

I've had info that we've bid for Valencia twice in the past year and came pretty close to signing him (for about 12m).

I was also told this week that Man City have agreed to pay 23m for him but the player would prefer a move to Spain. I think it's safe to say that we won't be buying him now.

[quote author=Whitey85 link=topic=33606.msg870491#msg870491 date=1242739515]
You heard any gossip about our potential signings this summer Buddha?
[/quote]

No. I'm sure we've got deals in place already for Silva and Barry though. Johnson has to be a strong possibility too.

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=33606.msg870496#msg870496 date=1242740302]
I dont rate him at all, if he's worth more than Torres then you have to worry

[/quote]

Why do you have to worry? Its not us buying him 8)

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=33606.msg870496#msg870496 date=1242740302]
I dont rate him at all, if he's worth more than Torres then you have to worry

[/quote]

Veron was worth more than Torres, Mendietta was worth more than Torres. I wouldn't worry too much about the valuation mate, it's whatever someone wants to pay.

[quote author=St.Benitez link=topic=33606.msg870519#msg870519 date=1242742921]
Is this Valencia lad that good?
[/quote]

He's a good, powerful but very raw right-winger.

In this case, the price reflects the lack of quality wide-players on the market rather than his ability

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=33606.msg870520#msg870520 date=1242743023]
[/quote]

In this case, the price reflects the lack of quality wide-players on the market rather than his ability
[/quote]

I've always had the feeling about this lad that a big percentage of how highly he's rated is to do with his name.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers.

I've only seen him a couple of times this season, and he's never looked anything special.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=33606.msg870523#msg870523 date=1242743203]
Schweinsteiger has the coolest name going.
[/quote]

Yeah but Antonio Valencia.... It sounds like some Spanish football legend with dark flowing hair, bronzed skin, an elegant first touch and skill to die for.

In reality, it's some lad who plays for Wigan Athletic.

[quote author=St.Benitez link=topic=33606.msg870524#msg870524 date=1242743270]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers.

I've only seen him a couple of times this season, and he's never looked anything special.
[/quote]

As I said, the lad has something.

Steve Bruce did a fantastic job in getting him and Palacious (who is probably the better player) fairly cheap.

You don't get coveted by United, Real and Liverpool(?) if you're 'nothing', but whoever buys him at that price is putting themselves at a big risk.

I'd honestly stay well clear.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=33606.msg870525#msg870525 date=1242743429]
[/quote]

Yeah but Antonio Valencia.... It sounds like some Spanish football legend with dark flowing hair, bronzed skin, an elegant first touch and skill to die for.

[/quote]

Reminds me of Geoge Weah's 'cousin' who managed to blag his way into Premiership football for the Saints.

Madrid were interested in Jermaine Pennant so they must be looking at more than names, although what else they saw in Jermaine I'm not quite sure.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=33606.msg870529#msg870529 date=1242743685]
[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=33606.msg870525#msg870525 date=1242743429]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Reminds me of Geoge Weah's 'cousin' who managed to blag his way into Premiership football for the Saints.

Madrid were interested in Jermaine Pennant so they must be looking at more than names, although what else they saw in Jermaine I'm not quite sure.
[/quote]

Mid-season availability when no one else was ;D

Valencia is decent, nothing more. He's fairly quick, fairly skillful, not particularly good at crossing and pretty awful at finishing. From what I've seen of him, he's forever getting himself into good situations and then squandering them with either poor decision making, or poor execution.

I wouldn't pay £10m for him never mind £20m.

babel on the right would be more effective than valencia. they can have him at that price the lad is average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom