• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
'I have my own contract with Liverpool, 3 more years, nothing has changed, we want to make it (the club) bigger, and my future is here. About Barca, its only rumours, people talking about possibilities (lol at the Rafaism) but there is no facts'

From the man himself.

Good.
We cant massively improve on him so why bother.

I still think Reina is one of the best around. He's not been at his best for a while (although this season was an improvement on last), but I think he'll get back there. And it would be great if he's here when he does.

I really like Reina, and I'd be extremely pleased if he were to at least see out his contract here.

Think it's fairly clear where we are with Reina - if Barca come in for him, he'll go and with the club's blessing. If not, he'll happily stay. I think the window for him leaving is only this summer - think if Barca don't sign him then, they'll not sign him at all.

I'd happily keep him. We're going to be establishing a new central defensive partnership this coming season so we could handily do with Pepe for continuity, leadership and communication.

He could still do with some proper competition for his place here and we could do with a genuine alternative to a below part Pepe. If Mignolet (24) is available for 5-6m I'd try and sign him and let the two of them slug it out.

Think it's fairly clear where we are with Reina - if Barca come in for him, he'll go and with the club's blessing. If not, he'll happily stay. I think the window for him leaving is only this summer - think if Barca don't sign him then, they'll not sign him at all.

I'd happily keep him. We're going to be establishing a new central defensive partnership this coming season so we could handily do with Pepe for continuity, leadership and communication.

This. I might add that you get the impression that he is not only respected at the club but popular and professional. Personally I think selling would be a mistake unless the money was very good.

I wouldn't be surprised if athletico were another club he'd consider moving to this season or next if Courtois leaves.

I would still get a very highly rated young keeper and do what Chelsea have done with Courtois.

How about we poach Chelsea's young keeper Jamal Blackman (no racist) since they already have Courtois? He looks like he is going to be quite a player. He would probably cost a lot though because he is English.

If Barca don't buy him, we'll be obliged to extend his contract next summer. Reina knows this. Watch how he will have the best season of his life next year.

If Barca don't buy him, we'll be obliged to extend his contract next summer. Reina knows this. Watch how he will have the best season of his life next year.

Good - I hope he does.

Pepe Reina knows that if Víctor Valdés remains between the sticks for Barcelona next year then he won't be joining the 'Azulgranas'. "It's obvious that if Víctor stays for next season there's no chance that I would sign for Barça", said the Liverpool keeper, who then continued: "There has been no contact that I know about".

The shot-stopper who plays for Liverpool and Spain confirmed that "Víctor wants to honour his contract and you have to respect that".

"He has said that he's not leaving Barcelona and he wants to honour his contract, and that has to be respected. I have a contract with Liverpool, so all the rumours going round are just that, rumours", Reina said at the Las Rozas training complex (Madrid).

Pepe Reina is one of the 23 players called up by Spain's national coach, Vicente del Bosque, for the Confederations Cup, which starts on 15th June.

"All of us players are full of expectations for this tournament. For me personally, as someone who doesn't live in Spain, I'm very enthusiastic about contributing my grain of sand towards trying to win the title. It's the only title we haven't won yet.

We want to get over the painful memories of the Confederations Cup in 2009", Reina concluded, referring to the unexpected semi-final defeat to the United States.

I think after an iffy start he was excellent last season. I do think we should be starting to think about replacing him though.

_52894131_davewhelan640.jpg

Well, Jim, I can tell you that Peppy has had a jolly good chat with the gentlemen at Barca - and they ARE gentlemen, every last one of them - but he's still having a think about it. He's got a lot of options, has our Peppy, and he knows that everyone at Liverpool Football Club love him - and they DO - so he doesn't want to leave them unless it IS Barca who want him. So he's in a wee bit of turmoil, is Peppy, but he'll get there. He'll talk to his lovely wife as well, of course, but she's got a bad period at the moment so she's maybe not the best lady to advise him until all of that wotnot comes to its natural conclusion. But Peppy is always welcome to come and chat to me, and, of course, I'll pass on whatever he says to you, Jim - but not before, because I too am a gentleman. Now what else can I tell you...? Oh yes, Robertoh is in Wales at the moment meeting all the good folk at Everton. Bill - who's a real gentleman - has agreed a confidential fee with me for our compensation. It's £1.75m. Um...now, Suarez...what can I tell you about Suarez...?

Reina himself has been linked with a move away from the club this summer, with Barcelona and Arsenal known to be keen on the goalkeeper.

But the Spaniard, who is currently with the national team preparing for the Confederations Cup, insists the speculation over his future does not bother him.

'The speculation has never been a distraction for me, my mind is in Liverpool 100 per cent. The speculation is something you cannot control. I can guarantee you that my future is with Liverpool right now.

The speculation is something you cannot control

He said while giving an interview speculating on the future of another Liverpool player. As with most players, keeping his mouth shut would represent a massive step forward in terms of reducing speculation

In today's Echo:

Pepe Reina continues to be linked with a return to Barcelona with the keeper having made it clear “it would be difficult to say no” to the Catalan giants.

Reina’s agent has told Liverpool to expect an approach with reports in Spain suggesting Barca are preparing to table a bid of around £8.5million for the 30-year-old. That call still hasn’t arrived.

With Reina earning in excess of £110,000 a week it’s likely that the Reds wouldn’t stand in his way in the belief that cash could be better spent elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom