• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reina's latest interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
“My situation is clear. I have three more years of my Liverpool contract — but I never say never. I’m very happy and satisfied at Liverpool. But of course if I’m given the chance to improve and go to a bigger club, and now there are a few bigger than Liverpool, I’m sure the club would understand.”

Are we happy to move him on? What other big clubs need a goalkeeper?

Bayern & Dortmund? Nope
Madrid & Barca? Nope
Juve? Nope AC Milan? Nope (due to $$$)

Are his best options realistically Arsenal, Monaco & PSG?

Slightly surprised Napoli haven't been linked. Their current keeper De Sanctis is 36.

Is the Barca option officially dead?

Valdes is starting for the year - there's no way they'll have two keepers on their books at that age with those wages.

Binny - great shout re: Napoli, but is Napoli really bigger than us?

Arsenal haven't been an option for about two years now.

It's Barca or we're stuck with him I reckon.

You left out the 'best for my family' comment Wiz - which I interpreted as I'm making more money here than I will elsewhere, so why would I move.

Valdes is starting for the year - there's no way they'll have two keepers on their books at that age with those wages.

Binny - great shout re: Napoli, but is Napoli really bigger than us?

In terms of challenging for honours (runners up in Serie A last season - 6th (09/10), 3rd (10/11), 5th (11/12), Coppa Italia the season before) and playing Champions League football, I'd say yes, at the moment.

Arsenal haven't been an option for about two years now.

It's Barca or we're stuck with him I reckon.

You left out the 'best for my family' comment Wiz - which I interpreted as I'm making more money here than I will elsewhere, so why would I move.

Why is Arsenal dead? He's still better than the W.......zny.

I'm hoping Monaco or PSG want him as a stop gap ... They have the money and ambition.

Money is obviously the reason he's happy to stay - and who can blame him? :)

I wouldn't say there's much in it, and given that you can keep whatever his name is there with his best years ahead of him for a lot less than what a past his best Reina would cost in terms of wages and transfer fee - I don't see how it's an option at all.

It's taken Liverpool fans too long to realise that Reina is on the wane, the whole footballing world has already copped it, and for the same reasons we think it's a good idea to sell the rest of the footballing world thinks its a bad idea to buy.

Very few clubs can afford a deal for him, and all of them will want better.

I don't think Barca is as dead as it appears, it is feasible that Reina either gets brought in as a backup or Valdes gets pushed out for his successor.

I can't see them caring all that much about wages either, especially if it's only for a season.

Like many, I am blase about this, but I think we may be forgetting what it was like to have a perpetually dodgy keeper between the sticks. Think Sander. Think (legend of course) Dudek, Carson, Kirkland, Jamo

Like many, I am blase about this, but I think we may be forgetting what it was like to have a perpetually dodgy keeper between the sticks. Think Sander. Think (legend of course) Dudek, Carson, Kirkland, Jamo

I don't know about you, but I legitimately lose almost all hope every time the opposition gets a shot on target or crosses it into the box.

Life was not made to be lived in such fashion.

I don't know about you, but I legitimately lose almost all hope every time the opposition gets a shot on target or crosses it into the box.

Life was not made to be lived in such fashion.

isn't that more about our defence, than Pepe though?

Is it asking too much that people provide the source/link for interviews/rumours ?

“My situation is clear. I have three more years of my Liverpool contract — but I never say never. I’m very happy and satisfied at Liverpool. But of course if I’m given the chance to improve and go to a bigger club, and now there are a few bigger than Liverpool, I’m sure the club would understand.”

Are we happy to move him on? What other big clubs need a goalkeeper?

Bayern & Dortmund? Nope
Madrid & Barca? Nope
Juve? Nope AC Milan? Nope (due to $$$)

Are his best options realistically Arsenal, Monaco & PSG?

Bloody hell. It's hardly a declaration of love is it? He's got a contract and will stay unless something better comes along, basically.

Fair enough obviously but it's not like he's amazing. If we do get a decent offer then we should consider accepting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom