• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Relegation run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackburn get a win today, and they stay up.

I'd love to see Villa go down as a thank you for Downing. The twats.

So QPR & Aston Villa would be my hope.

Realistically, Blackburn and QPR.

Would like all the north west clubs to stay up, but I reckon Blackburn and QPR for the drop.

Villa are such a nothing team who've been on the fringes for years without really being much more than a midtable, average, boring side. I fancy Blackburn and QPR though.

I met a really miserable Villa fan in the pub the other night. I didn't even realise they were down there until I spoke to him. I basically rarely ever pay any attention to Villa.

I did feel really sorry for him though so in some ways I hope they stay up.

Bolton's game in hand might worked against them, seeing QPR has to manage 1 fewer game within the same no. of days.

Remaining fixtures:

Bolton
2nd May - Bolton v Spurs
6th May - Bolton v West Brom
13th May - Stoke v Bolton

QPR
6th May - QPR v Stoke
13th May - Man City v QPR

Blackburn
7th May – Blackburn v Wigan
13th May – Chelsea v Blackburn

Aston Villa
6th May – Villa v Spurs
13th May – Norwich v Villa

Wigan
7th May – Blackburn v Wigan
13th May – Wigan v Wolves

Remaining fixtures:

Bolton
2nd May - Bolton v Spurs DRAW
6th May - Bolton v West Brom WIN
13th May - Stoke v Bolton DRAW

QPR
6th May - QPR v Stoke LOSS
13th May - Man City v QPR LOSS

Blackburn
7th May – Blackburn v Wigan LOSS
13th May – Chelsea v Blackburn LOSS

Aston Villa
6th May – Villa v Spurs DRAW
13th May – Norwich v Villa LOSS

Wigan
7th May – Blackburn v Wigan WIN
13th May – Wigan v Wolves WIN

Wolves
Blackburn
QPR

As long as Wigan stay up I couldnt give a fuck.
All those teams down there are shit.
I do hope Villa stay up though.

Same as with regards to Wigan, it's all down to one man though........Martinez.

Easily one of my favourite managers.

I hope Villa go down. McCleish is the most defensive minded shit manager around. Just horrible negative football, home and away.

How the fuck Lerner came to the conclusion that he'd be a good fit for Villa after taking Birmingham down in the most depressing fashion, I'll never know.

Big Al shouldn't be allowed near a Prem side with a barge pole.

Consecutive premier league sides relegated.. Maybe if Woy gets the England gig he could go to West Brom and complete the midlands hattrick.

Would quite like to see Villa go down.

Don't hate them as such but their fans come across as properly deluded and a season in the Championship(because i'd fancy them to come straight back up) would give them a much needed reality check. It mightn't do them any harm either - certainly didn't for Newcastle.

I think they might just get out of it though. With Wolves already down and Blackburn as good as, it's between QPR and Bolton imo. Would prefer it to be QPR.

They won't - but i'd love Villa to go down. Otherwise Bolton and Blackburn for me.

I value loyalty and admire teams that do the same but QPR have more or less recruited a whole new team from the one that took them to the Premiership unlike Swansea and Norwich, so it would be very satisfying seeing them return to the Championship. Bit like Wolves aswell, everything was sweet the first month when they had an unbelievable start and topped the table I believe, then when the shit hit the fan and they had a bad run of results they sacked Mick and they have performed like Conference team since. Wouldn't like to see Bolton going down because I think Owen Coyle is better than that and I have major respect with how he dealt with the whole Muamba affair. Also, the primary reason they haven't performed better is that they have suffered from an incredible list of long-term injuries to key players and players they should have been replacing after their loans expired last season and Cahill leaving midway through the season, etc. So this season was always going to be written off from the start and it would be a shame if they were demoted because of it.

hope villa stay up, its not their fault they got mcleish, and fuck me he's done a terrible job, regardless of whats happens they should get rid

Hopefully QPR go down this season and Wigan the next.

I like Martinez a lot as well but there are bigger clubs that I'd prefer to see in the Premiership.

Bolton lost their lead late on in the game. Effect of the midweek game? Even if QPR does lose to Man City, can they earn a win at Britannia Stadium to save themself?

Can see Bolton struggling to make it back to the Premier League IF they indeed drop out of it. Haven't bought well too. 3m spent on Marvin Sordell, only to play him for less than an hour thus far...

Owen Coyle was claimed as some sort of football genius this time last year.
Goes to show what pundits and fans know.

Owen Coyle was claimed as some sort of football genius this time last year.
Goes to show what pundits and fans know.

kenny dalglish was claimed as some sort of football genius this time last year.Goes to show what...........;)

Bolton still has a chance to stay up.
They "only" need a win against Stoke away. Considering that they don't have anything to play for it's very possible.

Bolton still has a chance to stay up.
They "only" need a win against Stoke away. Considering that they don't have anything to play for it's very possible.

Stoke's last home defeat came 3 months ago though and there is a possibility to move 3-4 places up the table with teams tied between 44-46 points. Would be Bolton's 4th game in 16 days too while Pulis rested the likes of Etherington and Whitehead today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom