• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rodgers On The Committee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we could always go down that rabbit hole of 'net spend' but the simple, obvious facts are that we have a wage bill that is larger than every single club in the league apart from United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

We spend more money on wages than EVERY other team in the country, apart from the teams who are usually above us. Now that doesn't include Spurs who have a lower wage bill and a cheaper squad, but they've finished above us every year apart from one in the last 6 or 7 seasons, so maybe they're just a better run club.

We have also reinvested money into the squad. We sell, or have been forced to sell, our best players - who rightly decide they need to leave to win trophies - but generally FSG have allowed us to spend that money on replacements, which sadly we usually waste on utter shite like Lallana, Markovic, Balotelli, Sakho, Lovren and overpaying hilariously for Benteke, Henderson, Downing, et al.

So we have one of the most expensive and best paid squads in the country, but we are about three or four places below where that investment should leave us.

That's it. FSG have allowed us to spend money, and it will never be enough to regularly challenge for the title, but it's more than enough for us to be doing better than we are.

End of story.

This is where I agree. I think FSG have really spent big with us. They are trying to maximize value for the club and our financial future by also buying players that make sense. We have seen some serious wankers running this club, but these guys strike a balance between running it like a business and spending. We don't have a black hole to spend into, and if we did, you all would be slagging off the owners for being irresponsible. They have a strategy of buying youth and talent, to compete with the super wealth of the other clubs. That's great. It may not do the job, but the problem now is on the field. The problem is RODGERS didn't know what he was doing for quite a while. We have a fair few problems in this club, but for the first time in EONS, it's not the owners, it's on the field. I for one, don't fault them for running a business like a business. I'd rather that than Rodgers approach of buying winning players no matter the cost, because that requires a sugar Daddy/Petro Billionaire. I don;t want that myself.

I'd rather that than Rodgers approach of buying winning players no matter the cost, because that requires a sugar Daddy/Petro Billionaire. I don;t want that myself.

Thought that read "Pedro Billionaire" at first. Which is a terrific alias. And one I think I will start booking reservations under.

Thought that read "Pedro Billionaire" at first. Which is a terrific alias. And one I think I will start booking reservations under.

A good place to start is to change your alias sir. Henceforth, I will help the process by referring to you as Pedro B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom