• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rodgers the overhyped manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arn

Lucas the best player in the world
Banned
One good half so far this season. Four or five great games last season. He is one of the most overhyped managers ever. IMO he will get sacked before January. In almost every game he sets up the tactics wrong and the result is a shit first half and we end up chasing the game.

Sorry, but he isn't good enough.

It's far too early for this shit. You need to at least wait for some sort of meaningful pattern to emerge this season before casting judgement one way or another.

Well, you don't, evidently .. But you get what I mean

Nearly winning the title and then bombing it? I don't call that a pattern.

Rodgers is on a tightrope and I'm not convinced by him, I just think it takes a couple of months at least to have a fair idea on how good or shite he is

I'd say two clear patterns:

- fucking clueless defensively. Clueless. We've never looked capable there in more than 3 years.
- clueless offensively, no idea how to build a coherent attacking unit.

One saving grace:

- not so stupid as to ignore the presence of two world class strikers when they fell into his lap.

Rodgers is on a tightrope and I'm not convinced by him, I just think it takes a couple of months at least to have a fair idea on how good or shite he is
We found that out last season, and there are no signs of improvements

Cannot set up his team to defend on a consistent basis and he is inept of turning things around when he has been tactically undone.. He constantly makes stupid decisions from the touch line in that regards..

We have had some humiliating defeats over the last 6 months, he has broke some of the worst club records in the history of the club..

I would say their is a pattern there already..

The 4 games this season, bar a first half against Arsenal have all been truly awful. We are lucky to have 7 points.. There is nothing different about our performances compared to the beginning of last season when we had Balo up top. Our game is just too predictable..

180 million on attacking talent.. And we have 1 goal in 4 games to show for it.

Reactions: HC
That's a fair point , although I'm sure theirs plenty of managers that have failed to bond a team of galacticos together?

What I will say is we've gone from passing the ball with no end product to, to no possession and lots of end product to neither .

I do think wee Brendan has got a bit lost in all this footballing philosophy malarky.

Lost or desperate? Both probably.

He's had three seasons. He got lucky with near title miss, an absolute chancer. My minds been made up months ago, he's shite.

I pray that Sturridge comes back and stays fit. He'll have a major difference on our team and needs to be given the opportunity to form a partnership with Benteke.
Just need 2 of Coutinho, Firmino and Ibe giving them the bullets, with Milner and Henderson doing all the dogs work.

Get Can at centre back. We need to forget about defensive midfielders - we don't have any. Lucas isn't particularly good at being one - he's just been worn down over the years to masquerade as more of one.

I pray that Sturridge comes back and stays fit. He'll have a major difference on our team and needs to be given the opportunity to form a partnership with Benteke.
Just need 2 of Coutinho, Firmino and Ibe giving them the bullets, with Milner and Henderson doing all the dogs work.

Get Can at centre back. We need to forget about defensive midfielders - we don't have any. Lucas isn't particularly good at being one - he's just been worn down over the years to masquerade as more of one.
Deja vu.. We said this last season.

Instead of Coutinho, Firmino and ibe it was Coutinho, Markovic and Sterling, with Can and Henderson doing the dogs work..

We are just opening ourselves up for disappointment, hoping for return of a fit Studge, it can't be banked on..

We have a good squad of players, no excuse.. We just need a good experienced manager and not a chancer to get them playing together

Deja vu.. We said this last season.

Instead of Coutinho, Firmino and ibe it was Coutinho, Markovic and Sterling, with Can and Henderson doing the dogs work..

We are just opening ourselves up for disappointment, hoping for return of a fit Studge, it can't be banked on..

We have a good squad of players, no excuse.. We just need a good experienced manager and not a chancer to get them playing together

I'm genuinely worried we may have wasted a final chance this summer. I hope not. I mean, Utd hardly seem to be making strides, and Wenger seems to be a permanent block of Arsenal's progress, so there is still a glimmer.

But fuck me we're really making it hard for ourselves.

Our team is a lot stronger than last season - Benteke, Clyne and Milner are definite upgrades. Rodgers just needs to find the formation to make them click. He's done it before, so hopefully will again.

I'm not convinced by him. However, that season we finished 2nd and part of last season, we were incredible. He needs to pull that out of the bag again.

Arn, Mr Moo and Peter Hague; the Axis of Dribble.

I am slowly coming round to their way of thinking but, by god, they don't half bleat on. Posting the same old stuff ad freaking infinitum..
There's nothing wrong with taking a view on a particular player or even the manager and then changing it over time. Better to do that than jump to a conclusion and dogmatically stick to it with post after post of unsubstantiated bullshit.

Sadly, I have concluded that Rodgers is not any kind of tactician.

You don't use the same lineup and tactics against West Ham at home as you did against Arsenal away.

You don't use the same lineup and tactics against West Ham at home as you did against Arsenal away.
This is a really good point and I said as much to Young Peggy this morning. I would have left Gomez out today...he needs to be handled carefully and I wouldn't want him to think he's got it all so soon. And as well as he did last week I would have left Lucas out and maybe swapped the system round a little to bring Ings in from the start to partner Benteke. One of the problems Rodgers has had in the past is when he finds a system that works he sticks rigidly to it game in game out until we are found out.

We fail massively in the basic of wanting to win. We dont go out there and put in the effort to control the game. Today we pressed one andre one... We ran one and one. And when we finally passed the ball forward we hit a Hammers player. We are not prepared to take physical control of the game. We are not prepared to work our socks off to win the game. We are only prepared to roll the ball around. And even if fotball is simple, it is not that simple.... Tactical clown!!!

Arn, Mr Moo and Peter Hague; the Axis of Dribble.

I am slowly coming round to their way of thinking but, by god, they don't half bleat on. Posting the same old stuff ad freaking infinitum..

As long as you don't hope we start losing - as both have and will do the moment they 'figure it out'

7 points from 3 opening games was great. Really positive.

Break the performances down though and it's one very encouraging 45 minutes of football out of 4 games, and that was away at Arsenal. The rest has been average at best. You could argue there's nothing too alarming with that given we're bedding in new players, and other big sides are struggling thus far, but today was one gigantic step backwards and has me thinking the 3 results prior to West Ham were merely papering over the cracks(excuse the cliche).

The same old shit is happening under Brendan:
- the same schoolboy errors in defence
- a midfield that's misjointed and too similar to function properly
- a striker, usually just the one at that, starved of any real service and totally isolated with our midfield some 30 yards away when he does get the ball

Some people are pointing to us losing to Southampton at home 2 seasons ago early on then going onto have that great season, but circumstances are now completely different, and obviously not for the better.

Talk about a reality check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom