• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rodgers vs Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Big game in the battle for CL spots and with the CL last 16 only 3 days after will Klopp rest some players?

We normally have the better of this lot but at the moment we are in torrid form and they have bounced back.

Not a must win but maybe a must not lose??

Win and we go ahead of them on goal difference , lose and there will be a decent gap between us and the top 3.

Hopefully we see Kabak come in and Henderson into midfield.
Vardy is back for them.

I'd be tempted to start both Davies and Kabak in all honesty. Though I doubt Klopp will do that. But its tempting when you see the midfield we could have.

Alisson
Trent Kabak Davies Robertson

Hendo Fabinho Thiago

Salah Firmino Mane

I reckon we will start one.
We would ideally need hendo more in midfield, but I reckon he is much better next to a new CB than Fabinho, as he is so vocal and can help the newcomer.

Its been so long since Fab and Henderson have been in midfield ... do you think they will remember what to do ? Will they think if they foul a player in the centre of the pitch it will lead to a penalty.....who knows.

Hendo has to play in midfield, simple as that. We need him, Trent needs him, Thiago needs him. Let's hope Ben Davis's cross-field ball passing ability is as a good as advertised, because that's the one thing Hendo did from CB that really helped us and Fabinho can't quite do.

And now with Keita soon to be back as well, we'll soon have an over-abundance of CMs, so I hope Klopp is working on formations that could incorporate more of them allowing us to play only 2 of the front 3 at the time. Guardiola won the game in the 2nd half by switching to 4-4-2 – we should be similarly flexible. Stop overusing the same players, rotate to keep energy levels high and get back to the kind of high energy football that makes teams hate playing us again.

Last edited:

Hendo has to play in midfield, simple as that. We need him, Trent needs him, Thiago needs him. Let's hope Ben Davis's cross-field ball passing ability is as a good as advertised, because that's the one thing Hendo did from CB that really helped us and Fabinho can't quite do.

And now with Keita soon to be back as well, we'll soon have an over-abundance of CMs, so I hope Klopp is working on formations that could incorporate more of them allowing us to play only 2 of the front 3 at the time. Guardiola won the game in the 2nd half by switching to 4-4-2 – we should be similarly flexible. Stop overusing the same players, rotate to keep energy levels high and get back to the kind of high energy football that makes teams hate playing us again.

More Hendo in midfield stats:

I saw nearly the same tweet a few weeks ago. The only difference was the words "central midfield" were missing.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is one in two week's time which states that Liverpool have only lost two games "where Jordan Henderson played slightly to the right in a midfield three"

Sorry - I'm just being cynical

Both CBs to start at CB - they will need to be hot on the offside trap which I presume we will want to play against Vardy.

---------------Alisson--------------
Trent--Kabak--Davies--Robbo
--------------Fabinho---------------
-----Hendo-----------Thiago------
Salah-------Bobby---------Mane

Back to the game we know well. I wouldn't be upset to see Gini back in the middle. Get our groove back.

Scenes if we get Jota on the bench for it - maybe we'll unleash him against Everton instead.

More Hendo in midfield stats:

That's all interesting, but I don't think it's even down to Hendo as an individual player; it's more that his playing qualities embody the kind of football that's brought us success under Klopp – never stop running, cover lots of ground in defense, win games by sheer will and stamina as much as skill. When we play like that we can still have problems – sometimes you need more creativity or guile or calmness in possession, but one thing about this style is that we're extremely hard to beat. The fact that we lost 3 in a row at home is a clear indication that we've veered too far from what made this team great.

Both CBs to start at CB - they will need to be hot on the offside trap which I presume we will want to play against Vardy.

---------------Alisson--------------
Trent--Kabak--Davies--Robbo
--------------Fabinho---------------
-----Hendo-----------Thiago------
Salah-------Bobby---------Mane

Back to the game we know well. I wouldn't be upset to see Gini back in the middle. Get our groove back.

Scenes if we get Jota on the bench for it - maybe we'll unleash him against Everton instead.

Klopp said the other day that he's not inclined to start both new CBs alongside each other. So it's probably going to be Fabinho + 1 for the time being.

At the very least we should be getting Henderson back in midfield. If Kabak and Davies weren't ready to start last week I can understand that, but they should certainly be ready this week, and even if for some reason they are not ready to start, we should go with Phillips.

Who is this Keita that you speak of?

According to the Keita Calculator, he will next be fit for...five seconds:

ColorlessQuestionableDaddylonglegs-size_restricted.gif

"he might be capable of a one-off 40 yard pass against Crystal Palace in August, but what will Keita be like against Stoke on a cold Tuesday night in February?".

Fuck knows.

Theres no way we'll start kabak and Davies.

I know nothing of Davies, but I doubt he's above Phillips in the pecking order. Davies is in the bank if things get worse.

Kabak and fabinho could start with midfield of hendo thiago and gini, which would be good.

I'd have Shaq playing the Bobby role as he did so well against I think West Ham was it?

Shaq's form seems to be less predictable than Bobby's (yes of course Bobby plays many more games). For every Barca there are more games when he simply disappears and the way we play and the form we're in at present, we simply can't afford that.
Which is what he's going to do in the Summer methinks. No way I'd start him against Leicester.

Seeing how well Foden did in the "false 9" role the other day, I would think about trying Jones in the Firmino role – unlike Minamino he has enough upper body strength to hold of challenges and protect the ball. I don't think he could replicate everything Firmino can do up front, but a 4-4-2 "diamond" system, let's say, with Salah and Mane (or Jota) playing more like a strike partnership and Jones in support could work in some games.

He's also done pretty on on the left of the front 3 in the past. Maybe the ideal solution would be to improve on the 4-2-2-2 system that didn't quite work against Brighton with Jones instead of Shaqiri on the left.

I know nothing of Davies, but I doubt he's above Phillips in the pecking order.

I guess it's down to what is being seen in training, but I'd hesitate to dismiss Davies quite like that. Davies, of the two of them, is the one who knows English football, knows how the refs are, and, don't forget, acquitted himself well enough against City in a cup tie, so he has more of the specific experience needed to play a PL game, I think. Kabak, one would hope, is likely to be the better player, but his acclimatisation may well take a while. Look at Thiago - every game and he seems to be on a yellow before the half hour mark. I wouldn't want Kabak to come on and get 'done' with an early challenge.

As I said earlier in the thread, I'd start Kabak and Davies. Move Hendo to midfield.
Phillips could be an alternative but he hasnt got the pace to cope with the Leicester attackers. At least Kabak and Davies has some pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom