• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rodgers wants Cole and Aquilani talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jürgen4PM

Well-Known
New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has revealed he will sit down with Joe Cole and Alberto Aquilani and try to convince them to stay at Anfield.
Cole and Aquilani spent last season on loan at Lille and AC Milan respectively, but they are due to return to Liverpool for pre-season training.
Aquilani has spent the last two seasons back in Serie A after failing to settle on Merseyside, while Cole was not part of previous manager Kenny Dalglish’s plans.

But with a new man in charge at Anfield, the pair may be able to revive their fortunes and return to play key roles in Rodgers’ team next season. The new Anfield boss rates both players highly, and revealed he will have talks with both to see where they stand.
Speaking to the club’s official website, Rodgers said: “They’re certainly talented players. I know Joe well from my time at Chelsea. He’s a wonderful talent. I thought Aquilani was a really good player. I’d seen him in the Champions League and he came to Liverpool but it didn’t quite work out.
“There might be other situations. I just need to find out from speaking with those players because there are always other reasons.”
Cole enjoyed an impressive season with Lille in Ligue 1, but has revealed he would like the opportunity for a second chance at Liverpool. Aquilani also has rediscovered his form back in Italy, but AC Milan decided against taking up an option to sign him.
If the Italy international is prepared to give it another shot at Anfield, the talented playmaker could become an integral part of the Reds midfield.

In a 4-3-3 Cole might be good. If we cant shift him then why not give him a chance.

Aqua? He'd be very good in a Rodgers set up. Does he want it enough though? If he stays, Adam could be sold.

In a 4-3-3 Cole might be good. If we cant shift him then why not give him a chance.

Aqua? He'd be very good in a Rodgers set up. Does he want it enough though? If he stays, Adam could be sold.
God please!

The thing is, he's a player Rodgers could use but you have to wonder if he's heart will be in it.

Aquilani goes to Juve, Milan win the title. He then goes to Milan and Juve win the title.

Bring back to Liverpool. We'll win the title the following year after we fuck him off.

As much as I rate aqua, where would he play?

Stevie needs to play high up the pitch, suarez doesn't play high enough to be a striker, shelvey & Henderson both play high up the pitch too.

That's 4 players for one position without aqua or this other guy Swansea are close to signing.

Just doesn't add up.

Are we playing with true wingers next season? I think the 2 inside forwards (behind carroll) could be suarez and gerrard/aqua. The 2 attacking mids behind that could be hendo/shelvey with gerrard/aqua/adam.

Gerrard played 25 games in all comps last year.
Less the season before.
18 league games.

The sooner people realise that aqualiani doesn't want to be here the better. Good player but won't settle so what's the point.

Cole on the other hand could definitely give us somethin if he can ruby injury free. What was he like for injuries in France?

Im disinclined to see anyone leave until the Carnlough Kaiser has decided whom he wants.

The sooner people realise that aqualiani doesn't want to be here the better. Good player but won't settle so what's the point.

Cole on the other hand could definitely give us somethin if he can ruby injury free. What was he like for injuries in France?
He actually said that? He played briefly under banitez got injured, Roy then shipped him off to loan when he recovered. I'm sure there is part of him which wants to prove to critics that he can cut the mustard.

I doubt he'll be kept on.
The big attribute Rodgers wants to see in a player, according to his recent interview, is will and desire.
This player possecess all other qualities but this major quality, sadly.

He actually said that? He played briefly under banitez got injured, Roy then shipped him off to loan when he recovered. I'm sure there is part of him which wants to prove to critics that he can cut the mustard.

He's mentioned a billion times how much he wants to stay in Italy.

sell cole, aquilani, spearing and adam and we may have 15m+ on our hands to splash on one really good md like dembele and maybe some other young pup- we would save massive amounts on wages.

Would love to see Aquilani stay with us for next season but if he doesn't want to be here then it's best if we offload. Probably for a lot less than his true value but no point keeping an unhappy player - especially one on big wages.

Cole is also on big wages but i wouldn't be disappointed if we keep hold of him. He played 31 games for Lille last season which isn't bad for someone with injury/fitness problems.

With Kuyt leaving and Maxi likely to follow, Cole would give us another option out wide and Rodgers might be the man to bring the best out in him.

Reckon cole could fit in although it's whether he's still got the legs. Aquilani won't fit in. You can just tell he hasn't got the heart or desire. We need shut of him ASAP and get a few mil towards someone new.

Rogers has his head screwed on.
We can talk of getting shut of two players who never had a fair crack of the whip, one of whom the beloved Raga spunked 20mils on when injured, when we had a side Spearing was a regular contributor to.
I would love to see them both return to the squad and see how they do with a clean sheet.

regards

Apparently Rodgers is keen on Stephen Ireland to play in the advanced midfielder role and he would be cheap as fuck, technically great under achiever, moneyball etc. and Rodgers is keen to show the yanks he can find value in the market and I just made that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom