• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Russia 2018 pre-tournament thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised by the Brazil love in

Do they have a defence yet?

There will be some serious hooliganism and racist chants - That's my prediction.

It is probably only the second every world cup I am mildly interested in. The one in 2006 was when I was at peak interest with Gerrard and Lampard at their peak (I thought we had a chance of seeing Stevie lift the WC) but not followed much since as it feels like the same team every time. Now Gareth is changing things up, trying out new players in new formations and will put out a side that is looking to win. I probably won't get into full WC hype, but I will definitely watch the England games with interest for the first time in a long time.

It is probably only the second every world cup I am mildly interested in. The one in 2006 was when I was at peak interest with Gerrard and Lampard at their peak (I thought we had a chance of seeing Stevie lift the WC) but not followed much since as it feels like the same team every time. Now Gareth is changing things up, trying out new players in new formations and will put out a side that is looking to win. I probably won't get into full WC hype, but I will definitely watch the England games with interest for the first time in a long time.
*Blinks*

Loads of teams are going for throwback kits this year.
Germany invoking 1990 with their home and away kits.
Spain throwing it to 1982
Belgium, Argentina, Etc all copying old designs.

My favourite is the Columbia kit.
Modelled on 1994 its Valderama-tastic

I usually buy an international shirt for the world cup and it lasts me until the next world cup for the 5-a-side
Havnt decided who to go for this year.
Last world cup I got the France shirt, one before Italy and one before that Czech Republic.

Maybe i should break my South American duck and go Columbia.

The one in J-Land (2002) was epic and the last one I properly enjoyed. I lived just down the road from Kashima which was where Croatia were holed up. All the beautiful Nihon-Jins adopted them as their second team. It was truly great actually and not less than I would expected from such a wonderful bunch of dudes. The Croatians all sported weird fake teeth as a bit of piss take (The Japanese being famous for their odd shaped molars) They took it in good humour and gave it back in equal measure. I sincerely doubt the Russians would be quite so accommodating.....

Yeah that was the last great world cup. I agree totally.
In fact Portugal 2004 was the last great Euros.

We seem to be waiting forever for a great tourney.

I dont have hope for any of the next three!
Russia!!!
No fixed a-fucking-bode (Uefa you cunt)
Quatar (Fifa you cunt)

I do hope Euro 2024 ends up in Germany and not Turkey.
I’ll be 50 ffs and running out of tournaments

Still the best tournament ever.
Every one of these goals is a fucking worldie.
I know im biased because its MY world cup (the first one I proper remember and was into although I have vague memories of 1982) but I genuinely think its never been bettered. France 1998 and Italia 1990 were great too.

Nigeria's kit is a beauty, fyi
7a2c8a546b8e4b4930f2e84004165d72.jpg

Reactions: jan

Still the best tournament ever.
Every one of these goals is a fucking worldie.
I know im biased because its MY world cup (the first one I proper remember and was into although I have vague memories of 1982) but I genuinely think its never been bettered. France 1998 and Italia 1990 were great too.

Wow. I remember watching every one of those goals on TV as they happened. Great memories indeed. Belanov and Josimar celebrations were my favs and I remember trying to embarrassingly emulate them when I scored in our school tourney.

Loads of teams are going for throwback kits this year.
Germany invoking 1990 with their home and away kits.
Spain throwing it to 1982
Belgium, Argentina, Etc all copying old designs.

My favourite is the Columbia kit.
Modelled on 1994 its Valderama-tastic

I usually buy an international shirt for the world cup and it lasts me until the next world cup for the 5-a-side
Havnt decided who to go for this year.
Last world cup I got the France shirt, one before Italy and one before that Czech Republic.

Maybe i should break my South American duck and go Columbia.

There are a few good ones but Nike and Adidas have again insisted on almost all their kits similar. It drives me nuts.

Germany, Belgium, France, Mexico and Japan all fine. Nigeria is tops obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom