• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sachin Tendulker Retires!

Kallis has a higher average then Tendulkar, but Tendulkar did quite a bit of damage to his average in the last two years.
In my opinion if you want to understand how good Tendulkar was, you have to look at Tendulkar's average in the 90s... Which is widely considered the bowlers era. He average more than 60. Him and Lara were out on their own, when the next best was Steve Waugh with an average in early 50s.
Kallis has a great average but much of his better performance with the bat came after 2002. He did not stand out from Ponting, Hussey , Hayden, Sangakkara, Jeyawardene, Dravid etc... Many batsmen managed to have 55 average.... Only Ponting managed to stand out from the gang. Between 2001 and 2009 Ponting average boggles the mind. Kallis never had a prolonged spell of utter dominance like Lara, Tendulkar and Ponting had.

I'm an Englishman so have no attachment to any of the above mentioned but I when I think of cricket, I always remember Courtney Walsh, Curtley Ambrose, Brian Lara, Ricky Ponting, Steve Waugh, Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath, Alan Donald, Sachin Tendulkar, Wasim Akram.

Maybe a couple more who I can't quite remember right now.

Not Kallis anyway. He's a very good player but not in the same class as the above, sorry Wiz.

Alastair cook will join that list in the future by the way.

[article=http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/216946-sachin-tendulkar-still-on-bcci-list-of-contracted-players]Sachin Tendulkar, who has announced his retirement at the end of the ongoing Test match in Mumbai against the West Indies, still figures on the Board of Control for Cricket in India's list of contracted players for 2013-2014. Tendulkar, who is playing his 200th Test, figures in the elite Grade A alongside Team India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina and Ravichandran Ashwin. A Grade A contract ensures a player gets a retainer fee of Rs 1 crore each for the season. Interestingly, Virender Sehwag, Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh have not been given contracts.

Grade B, worth 50 lakhs each, has Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Pragyan Ojha, Ishant Sharma, Murali Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Umesh Yadav, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Rohit Sharma.

The Grade C list -- 25 lakh each - has Dinesh Karthik, Amit Mishra, Wriddhiman Saha, Ajinkya Rahane, Ambati Rayudu, Vinay Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Jaydev Unadkat and Mohit Sharma. Any player who turns out for India in a Test/ODI or T20 and not on the list of contracted players, automatically comes under Grade C.[/article]

India seems like a good place to retire. Forget pensions, they just carry on paying you as if you never left.

Back
Top Bottom