• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sadio injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was reported as a minor surgery on the meniscus a couple of days ago. Would be out for about 2 months.

Is it correct that we have not won a single game all season without Sadio Mané???

*Please tell me it isn't.

Meniscus surgery is supposed to be no more effective than a placebo.

So its no wonder he's having it

Fucking great. I've come to terms with the end of season shit. But he better be back to his usual self next season. That's what worries me as I have no idea how serious such an injury can be

Fucking great. I've come to terms with the end of season shit. But he better be back to his usual self next season. That's what worries me as I have no idea how serious such an injury can be

That's certainly going to be our assumption when we plan our summer transfer strategy. Fuck it, we may even assume that he'll improve in his second season after settling in and everything.

Someone email Klopp and tell him the good folks here at 6CM are happy for him to pay a premium for players without injury problems historically. Mane was bomb proof until we got him so we need better than bomb proof. Kevlar skinned, adamantium framed world class players. That's what we want.

Someone email Klopp and tell him the good folks here at 6CM are happy for him to pay a premium for players without injury problems historically. Mane was bomb proof until we got him so we need better than bomb proof. Kevlar skinned, adamantium framed world class players. That's what we want.
We had one of those, he went to Barca and became one their most valuable players

Sadio Mane: Liverpool forward to have knee surgery and will miss the end of the season

_95458925_mane_getty.jpg

Mane suffered the injury in a challenge with Leighton Baines, having earlier scored the opening goal against Everton
Liverpool forward Sadio Mane will have an operation on a knee injury on Tuesday and will miss the rest of the season.
He damaged cartilage in his left knee in a collision with Leighton Baines in a 3-1 home win over Everton.
Manager Jurgen Klopp had said Mane, 25, needed surgery, leaving it "pretty much impossible for him to play again this season".
Liverpool are third in the Premier League and have six games left.
The injury is expected to rule him out for two months.
Mane joined the club for £34m from Southampton last summer and has started all but six of Liverpool's league games this campaign.
Of those, one was won, three were drawn and two were lost.
Klopp, speaking before Saturday's win at Stoke, also said Adam Lallana was "much better but is not in training" as the midfielder continues his recovery from a thigh injury suffered on England duty in March.
Captain Jordan Henderson, who has been out since February, is "in a good way, but I don't know when he can be part of training again", the German added.
[xtable]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Mane starting{/th}
{th}Liverpool over 2016-17{/th}
{th}Without Mane starting{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}26{/td}
{td}Games{/td}