• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah’s future

Would you sell Salah next season?

• Total voters
I’m gonna disagree. We remember those games where we went behind proper early (Bournemouth first game and recently Brighton) stick in the memories. Opposite to that we had (well Nunez did) have chances recently against Palace and Atalanta.

I always get that feeling if we miss two chances at nil nil we end up going behind.
The games we lost or drew, often we started poorly and went behind. Feels like Atlanta was anomaly.

Palace - they scored early and deserved to score before us
Hammers - Pretty similar
City - Possibly same
Arsenal Away - Definitely

These are the ones I remember.
We have got into a habit of being really slow starters, very unklopp like.

And so was every goal conceded - 14 times going behind?
And VAR cost us wins vs Spurs, Arsenal and City.
With a huge injury list denying us on plenty of other occasions.

It's beyond petty and is agenda driven to say Nunez and Diaz cost us the title.

Technically VAR didn’t cost us wins - they cost us what would have been a draw and the chance of a win - particularly as I know how you don’t like to include penalties in stats 😜.

I think it more than petty for you not not recognise the misses as being an integral part of why our season stalled - and I wouldn’t limit it to Nunez & Diaz - they’re just the ones with the most consistently obvious misses. Trent & Mo have missed chances they should have buried.

Technically VAR didn’t cost us wins - they cost us what would have been a draw and the chance of a win - particularly as I know how you don’t like to include penalties in stats 😜.

I think it more than petty for you not not recognise the misses as being an integral part of why our season stalled - and I wouldn’t limit it to Nunez & Diaz - they’re just the ones with the most consistently obvious misses. Trent & Mo have missed chances they should have buried.
I don’t not recognise them - as stated elsewhere. So it’s petty of you to assume that.

What was petty and agenda driven was the statement : Nunez and Diaz cost us the PL. And if you can’t see that then you’re in that same boat.

I don’t not recognise them - as stated elsewhere. So it’s petty of you to assume that.

What was petty and agenda driven was the statement : Nunez and Diaz cost us the PL. And if you can’t see that then you’re in that same boat.

Well… Nunez & Diaz didn’t win us the PL did they?

They could have, but they missed several big chances.

That’s not an agenda, that’s just a fact.

Again, it’s not just them, they’re just the main culprits.

I said a while ago if Darwin went on a hot goalscoring spree and got close to 20 league goals, it’d likely win us the league.

Instead, since he missed the home game against Luton, he’s returned 2 goals from 9 games, at a rate of 1 goals every 265 minutes and a total of 1 assist.

Maybe he’s carrying an injury.

Diaz finishing has been variable all season.

Mo’s been awful since his return, Gakpo hasn’t managed to get consistency and Jota keeps getting injured.

Again, that’s not an agenda - that’s just facts - the forwards need to be better - all of them.

That’s not what I said, Froggy. You’re smart enough to appreciate nuance.

The games we lost or drew, often we started poorly and went behind. Feels like Atlanta was anomaly.

Palace - they scored early and deserved to score before us
Hammers - Pretty similar
City - Possibly same
Arsenal Away - Definitely

These are the ones I remember.
We have got into a habit of being really slow starters, very unklopp like.
It’s not just those games where we started poorly which may have contributed to the pitiful ending this season.

Those 4 you mentioned we deserved to go down. But the palace one had a chance at 0-0 for Nunez to slide in Salah for an open shot at the keeper. Instead he took a pansy shot right at the keeper.

There’s plenty of games where it’s been 0-0 where chances were missed, we go behind to then go on and win. We exert so much energy getting back in the game or go on to win. Whereas Arsenal and City get to coast to the end we are going full throttle to the 97th minute. No wonder we ran out of energy towards the end of the season.

Slow starting and bad big misses killed our season. Both of which were in our control.

Well… Nunez & Diaz didn’t win us the PL did they?

They could have, but they missed several big chances.

That’s not an agenda, that’s just a fact.

Again, it’s not just them, they’re just the main culprits.

I said a while ago if Darwin went on a hot goalscoring spree and got close to 20 league goals, it’d likely win us the league.

Instead, since he missed the home game against Luton, he’s returned 2 goals from 9 games, at a rate of 1 goals every 265 minutes and a total of 1 assist.

Maybe he’s carrying an injury.

Diaz finishing has been variable all season.

Mo’s been awful since his return, Gakpo hasn’t managed to get consistency and Jota keeps getting injured.

Again, that’s not an agenda - that’s just facts - the forwards need to be better - all of them.
Yes but all of that (and add in VAR, the Defence and injuries) is a lot more variables than : Nunez and Diaz underperformance in front of goal is what really cost us this season.

And I disagree on Spurs (though of course it's just an opinion) as although we were a man down (again VAR - Jones) we were battering them, we would have been a goal up had the Diaz goal been given and that would change everything, inc. Jota being sent off in the 69th min. and the Matip last second OG.

And yes of course I agree with that - but only if all factors are taken into consideration and the blame not just thrown at two players because they happen to be our current whipping donkeys.

Tut tut mate, there's not much nuance to this !

Rurik : Nunez and Diaz underperformance in front of goal is what really cost us this season.
Exactly. I said it cost us, which it did. I did not blame them for us not winning the title.

Exactly. I said it cost us, which it did. I did not blame them for us not winning the title.

It certainly did. One of several factors but not in isolation why we didnt win the league.

Tbh I dont think anyone expected us to win it either. 3rd and CL and a cup win is a very good season in the middle of a rebuild.

That’s an insane stat that his last 3 seasons have been in the top 7 season performances by any LFC player in over 20 years!

Yet some people wonder why others are going in hard on getting him out of the door to bring in an upgrade.
I still have a teeny tiny bit of hope that he will start tucking those easy chances away but it is shrinking rapidly to nano size

Still rooting for Nunez too. His finishing in last month has been even worse though without hint of the chaos.
Part of being LFC is always flawed, maybe Klopp has been the closest one I have seen in my time to perfection with THAT original front 3.

Back
Top Bottom