• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Scouting: Luciano Vietto

Status
Not open for further replies.
B_0JHISUIAA-x3x.jpg

He would be mad for choosing Real Madrid in terms of long term development.

Illarmendi, Canales - barely got a look in, development stagnated ... then you have someone like Alvaro Morata who did well when called up, a good striker to have in the squad yet was still shipped off to Juventus.

They then replace him with Javier Hernandez, who has struggled, and what has been the clubs response? They actually stated they made a mistake in signing him. Who the fuck says that publically?! No respect towards the player, basically thrown him to the vultures.

Alonso, Ozil, Di Maria - did so much for the club and yet were treated like utter shite and discarded.

Wasn't it Alonso's decision to leave?

Real wanted to keep him.

he scored today...Vietoo, Lewa (first option) or Lacazette, Sturridge, Balotelli and Origi for the next season go go go

he scored today...Vietoo, Lewa (first option) or Lacazette, Sturridge, Balotelli and Origi for the next season go go go

Was a tap in, but had to be at the right place to score that. Smashed the crossbar before that and nearly got an excellent assist as well but for the Sevilla keeper's double save. Smart run and hard work winning the ball (because his team mate botched the first pass) eventually led to him putting in that excellently-weighted cross. Highlights here.

-- http://www.okgoals.com/match-highlights-1426199057---89

I'm unsure of what to expect from Origi given his current season and different reasons have been given for his lack of goals, ranging from Lille's lack of attacking quality to his playing out on the wing to his lack of professionalism. So it's hard to tell right now. Have mentioned before - given the question marks around the two confirmed strikers for next season (Sturridge - fitness, Origi - see above), any strikers we get should ideally have no major doubts beyond the usual "adaptation" questions. As for Balotelli - he's The Riddler - so no, I hope next season he's playing elsewhere.

Vietto vs Sevilla (Europa League, 1st leg)

There's been an odd role reversal for him lately. He started the midweek games against Barca in the Copa del Rey, and against Salzburg and Sevilla in the Europa League, while Gerard Moreno has been starting the league games in the weekend. Villarreal went out to Barca in the Copa, and are on the verge of elimination after losing 1-3 at home in the EL first leg against Sevilla.

I suppose they're taking the cups seriously and playing their leading scorer in those competitions, though it's odd they're not playing him in the league games instead to consolidate their position. They're in 6th place (last EL place), still in with a small chance of going 4th if they can make up the 7-point gap to Atletico Madrid. Their draw over the weekend, together with Malaga's victory over Cordoba, has reduced the gap between the two teams to 5 points in the race for the EL place. Moreno, Vietto's replacement in the league games, has so far delivered 3 goals and 2 assists, I think, in the 5 or 6 league games that Vietto hasn't started, and they've lost just once in those games, so I suppose that switch has worked out for them so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom