• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sean O'Driscoll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, since he is not managing our team, will he share in the face touching duty then? Or is it the sole duty of BR?

I think most were underwhelmed by his appointment but as you read more about what an excellent coach he is and his eye for detail and developing players. That and the fact that he's Rodgers choice and someone he feels he can work well with, could be better for us in the long run than FSG appointing someone and forcing him to work with Rodgers just because he's won a WC.

There are obvious reasons for concern but I dont think his managerial career is one of them.
The best assistant managers are usually pretty crap managers.

The comments about him always being on the players to be "switched on" at all times and being a good organizer of the team made me feel quite optimistic that he'll add some things Rodgers lack.

Rodgers has basically appointed himself here. Whilst I understand the importance of the working relationship, I don't think it would do any harm to get someone in who might offer an alternative point of view, rather than a similarly inexperienced and as yet unsuccessful sympathiser.

O'Driscoll said: 'I am excited to be joining one of the world's most iconic football clubs. The hallmark of any successful club is its culture and that comes from the people who work there, from the chief executive and first-team manager to those people behind the scenes whose faces may not be known but who are the lifeblood of the club.

"From the moment I drove into Melwood last week and was greeted by Kenny the gateman, I could not have been made to feel more welcome. If you are going to have any level of success these people are as crucial as the players; from my experiences so far it is clear everyone wants to help this club succeed."

Poor old Dalglish, they've got him working in the car park now!

Now we have a manager that doesn't know how to win things who plays players in their wrong positions and can't set up a team properly. Now an assistant manager who is basically a lower league/youth coach...

No point in buying top players cause we do not have a top manager or coach to attract them..

Bizarre to think that the Kenny got sacked by FSG for achieving more than BR did last season..

Now we have a manager that doesn't know how to win things who plays players in their wrong positions and can't set up a team properly. Now an assistant manager who is basically a lower league/youth coach...

No point in buying top players cause we do not have a top manager or coach to attract them..

Bizarre to think that the Kenny got sacked by FSG for achieving more than BR did last season..

Which other assistant managers should we have gone for? Can you name any top assistant managers for the other top 6 clubs* that attracts top players?

*Giggs has the opposite effect as he'll shagg all the new players wives

Which other assistant managers should we have gone for? Can you name any top assistant managers for the other top 6 clubs* that attracts top players?

*Giggs has the opposite effect as he'll shagg all the new players wives

It helps those clubs have a well known manager that will help attract players.

Secret Footballer@TSF 1h1 hour ago
(1/4) Everybody in football respects #LFC's new assistant manager Sean O'Driscoll.

(2/4) The players that have worked with him think his approach is very forward thinking.

(3/4) I know that he was extremely sought after as a manager prior to his decision to go to Liverpool.

(4/4) That decision will have been made easier because Rodgers will be under pressure this season. O'Driscoll knows that 100%. #smartmove

@RossElliott81 :What are your thoughts on this TSF? Is Rodgers choosing his staff or has he been ‘forced’ to lose mate Pascoe and work with Driscoll?

There have been some rules set here from above. The club don’t want to sack Rodgers so they’ve asked him to offer up some names that he would like to work with.

Clearly Rodgers feels that O’Driscoll is safe for him but O’Driscoll will certainly be aware that if Rodgers does get the chop at some point then it’s likely that he will be asked to fill that void, even if it is only temporary. Too good a chance to turn down for O’Driscoll.

Managers never want anyone younger that they don’t know coming in to help because it is clear that they have eyes on the big seat, so O’Driscoll is the best of a bad couple of options for Rodgers. It’s an easier sell to the board for Rodgers too, ‘experienced football man’ coming in etc.

The other interesting thing is how ruthless Rodgers is prepared to be with staff around him. OK, the sackings were the choice of the board but Rodgers never uttered a word publicly condemning it, very, very rare for a top manager not to stand by existing staff if they haven’t left of their own accord.
It is a clear sign that Rodgers is determined to be successful at Liverpool at any cost.

Follow The Secret Footballer;
Twitter@TSF
FacebookThe Secret Footballer
InstagramSecret_Footballer

Who the fuck is the secret footballer? Sounds like another attention seeker on twitter.

Who the fuck is the secret footballer? Sounds like another attention seeker on twitter.
He's a secret footballer, so it's all a secret.

He's actually in the know, I'm surprised you haven't heard of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom