• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Second string

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
I was looking at the fixtures and we have quite a nice run of midweek games we should be playing the second string. I'm hoping we get to see a few of the youngsters e.g. Doak, Quansah, Badger, Elliot amongst those who are rotation within our first team e.g. Gakpo, Thiago, Gravenberch, Tsimi.

It should be ideal for Gravenberch to get up to speed given he barely played last year. And I hope a few of them really step up.

Our midfield of Badger, Jones & Gravenberch is actually quite exciting for a second string.

These games are:

21st Sept - LASK (A)
27th Sept - Leicester (H) - EFL Cup
5th Oct - Union Saint Gilloise (H)
26th Oct - Toulouse (H)

This would give nice rests to the first team for some big games in between these with West Ham, Spurs, Brighton & Everton all between these.

Big test of the squad, and great opportunity for players to get into form.

I want us to take the Europa Cup seriously. Its the 3rd most important title after CL and PL titles. Win it its automatic qualification for the CL.

I want us to take the Europa Cup seriously. Its the 3rd most important title after CL and PL titles. Win it its automatic qualification for the CL.

This team should walk all of those EL matches without having to over play key players

Kelleher

Gomez
Matip
Quansah
Tsimikas

Badger / Endo
Gravenberch
Jones

Doak / Elliot
Gakpo / Nunez
Jota / Diaz (basically play 2 of the front 5 that didn't start the weekend game)

The group stage is muck and would barely call it competition, we'll get by and easily so playing with half a team of kids.

Harvey Baj Doak Quansah Kelleher Grav Endo Tsimikas should all be featuring.

Will be interesting to see who's back in training. I think Thiago might be back.

Badger, Gravenberch & Harvey in midfield.

I’d like to see Bobby Clarke get some time.

Pitaluga in nets, Quansah at CB - pity Bradley is injured - and Doak up front on the left.

Fill it out with Gomez, Endo, Tsimikas, Jota.

Give Darwin some target practice…

We just need to make sure that whoever plays is comfortable with each to maintain some fluidity from the beginning. The danger in these games is a slow start that gives the other teams belief. I would like to see Pituluga, but Kelleher needs the game time in case Ali gets injured. Maybe Pitalugo for Leicester game, but still doubt it.

Reactions: dee
LIVERPOOL'S EUROPA LEAGUE 'LIST A' SQUAD

Alisson, Kelleher, Jaros

Gomez, van Dijk, Konate, Tsimikas, Robertson, Matip, Alexander-Arnold

Endo, Thiago, Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Jones, Gravenberch, Clark,

Diaz, Nunez, Salah, Gakpo, Jota, Doak

I'd start Quansah plus one at CB for the lot of them. The CB issue will make or break this season and Klopp needs to be careful to protect Matip, Gomez and Konate in games we're only half arsed about.

The games will be good for Jones, Grav, Doak Endo and Elliott. Jota and Tsimikas could do with some minutes, too.

I was looking at the fixtures and we have quite a nice run of midweek games we should be playing the second string. I'm hoping we get to see a few of the youngsters e.g. Doak, Quansah, Badger, Elliot amongst those who are rotation within our first team e.g. Gakpo, Thiago, Gravenberch, Tsimi.

It should be ideal for Gravenberch to get up to speed given he barely played last year. And I hope a few of them really step up.

Our midfield of Badger, Jones & Gravenberch is actually quite exciting for a second string.

These games are:

21st Sept - LASK (A)
26th Oct - Toulouse (H)

This would give nice rests to the first team for some big games in between these with West Ham, Spurs, Brighton & Everton all between these.

Hasn't Klopp consistently played strong teams until qualification (as group winners) is confirmed? I don't expect the EL to be any different.

These games are:

21st Sept - LASK (A)
26th Oct - Toulouse (H)

Why is Jones considered a part of the 2nd string ? What the fuck is that all about, he plays coz we never lose with him in the team.

Reactions: jan
Why is Jones considered a part of the 2nd string ? What the fuck is that all about, he plays coz we never lose with him in the team.
Nope we never lose with him on the pitch.
873b74590a2799f2dc18a9a379240a21.jpg

I rate Jones and proper competitive minutes is pivotal to his development so this is ideal timing.

More stats - was he bought on as a substitute in those games ?, and that list is extremely small.
He started in 4 of those games.
I'm not the one who said that we never lose with him in the team.

Surely one of Jones and Gravenberch is in our best team.

First would be Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Grav/Jones

Second team would be Bajcetic, Elliott, Grav/Jones

Third would be Endo, Thiago, Clark

Endo is the captain of Japan, which destroyed Germany, twice.

He was also the captain of Stuttgart and played 120 games in 4 seasons.

Objectively, he will be in and around our 1st team, 2nd team is a dead cert.

It depends if we are actually going to try and make Mac a DM which nullifies many of his best attributes.

I pray we don't make Mac a DM. He's excellent there, but he better further forward

Mac is a player who likes to get on the ball as much as he can, clearly doesn’t mind dropping into the #6 to make that happen and build up from deep. I do think he has been brought in to take up that Gini/Thiago role/position… at least until for now.

Mac is a player who likes to get on the ball as much as he can, clearly doesn’t mind dropping into the #6 to make that happen and build up from deep. I do think he has been brought in to take up that Gini/Thiago role/position… at least until for now.

Gini was never a DM though. If we played him there he and we suffered. He was superb paired with a DM though, as Mac Allister is.

I rate Jones, but our best two CMs are Mac Allister & Szobo now. Thus in theory he is second string.

Endo is the captain of Japan, which destroyed Germany, twice.

He was also the captain of Stuttgart and played 120 games in 4 seasons.

Objectively, he will be in and around our 1st team, 2nd team is a dead cert.

CAPTAIN OF STUTTGART?!??!?!?!?!?

I had no idea!

How did the humble Liverpool FC ever attract such a spectacularly legendary legend?

Our CM Top 10 (Ignoring being prone to injury) :

1. Szobo
2. Mac
3. Thiago
4. Gravenburch
5. Bajcetic
6. Endo
7. Jones
8. Elliott
9. Morton
10. Clark or McConnell (got to say I like what I seen of him).

Of course not all can play across the midfield or DM so it's not exactly like for like. But quality-wise / usefulness I've got to go with that order.

CAPTAIN OF STUTTGART?!??!?!?!?!?

I had no idea!

How did the humble Liverpool FC ever attract such a spectacularly legendary legend?
You are right we should rely on our next messiah, the incredible Curtis Jones, based on nothing but blind faith.

My bad.

Our CM Top 10 (Ignoring being prone to injury) :

1. Szobo
2. Mac
3. Thiago
4. Gravenburch
5. Bajcetic
6. Endo
7. Jones
8. Elliott
9. Morton
10. Clark or McConnell (got to say I like what I seen of him).

Of course not all can play across the midfield or DM so it's not exactly like for like. But quality-wise / usefulness I've got to go with that order.

I’m having the World Cup winner we have been playing in two positions at the top of that list.

Reactions: jan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom