• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Seve

Me too.

I am concerned that when they went in to do a biopsy that they then decided to remove as much as possible. That would be an unusual step in my opinion unless the tumour was severe.

Also today they had to go back in today to reduce pressure on his brain.

I am not optimistic about his outcome. If the tumour is graded 2 or higher, which 75% are, he will be lucky to survive another five years.

Good Luck Seve.

[quote author=vantage link=topic=27853.msg699426#msg699426 date=1224184736]
Me too.

I am concerned that when they went in to do a biopsy that they then decided to remove as much as possible. That would be an unusual step in my opinion unless the tumour was severe.

Also today they had to go back in today to reduce pressure on his brain.

I am not optimistic about his outcome. If the tumour is graded 2 or higher, which 75% are, he will be lucky to survive another five years.

Good Luck Seve.

[/quote]

Vantage!

He is meant to be in a bad condition. Doesn't look good.

[quote author=Paddy link=topic=27853.msg699427#msg699427 date=1224184777]

Vantage!

He is meant to be in a bad condition. Doesn't look good.
[/quote]
PADDY!

I am by no means savvy on every type of BT, just my own. But what I am reading and what I already know about them generically makes me fear the worst.

Ha ha I am good mate.
Been working 12 hour days since last wed, off for a few day soon. But not able to get near here since I thurs or fri.
Glad you are still around these parts, I thought you had done one.

[quote author=Loch Ness Monster link=topic=27853.msg703585#msg703585 date=1224606956]
Ha ha I am good mate.
Been working 12 hour days since last wed, off for a few day soon. But not able to get near here since I thurs or fri.
Glad you are still around these parts, I thought you had done one.
[/quote]
Nah, not done one. Just post less. I keep a watchful eye on things.......!

another op apparently required, sounds like its not going to be a good outcome.

:-[

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/7673984.stm

It could be worse. But that's probably no consolation to him right now.

Mixed Gliomas

Mixed gliomas are brain tumours that contain more than one type of cell. The prognosis is affected by the cell type with the highest grade present in the tumour.

* Oligoastrocytoma (grade II): Oligoastrocytomas are slow-growing tumours composed of cells that look like astrocytes and oligodendrocytes.
* Anaplastic oligoastrocytoma (grade III): These are higher-grade oligoastrocytomas. The average age of patients developing anaplastic oligoastrocytomas is 45 years.

Ballesteros speaks to relatives

Ballesteros has had three operations since the tumour was discovered
Golfing legend Seve Ballesteros has spoken to his family for the first time since undergoing brain surgery.

Hospital officials say the Spaniard is "conscious, breathing spontaneously and talking with his family."

Ballesteros underwent a third operation to remove a tumour and reduce brain swelling on 24 October.

The 51-year-old won 87 titles during his career, including the Open in 1979, 1984 and 1988 and the Masters in 1980 and 1983.

Ballesteros was first admitted to hospital after briefly losing consciousness at Madrid Airport on 6 October.

He was subsequently diagnosed with a brain tumour and has since undergone surgery three times.

Ballesteros is suffering from an oligoastrocytoma, a tumour composed of two types of brain cell which spreads inside the brain cavity.

"Ballesteros continues to evolve favourably. He is conscious, is breathing spontaneously and can talk with his family," Madrid's La Paz hospital said in a statement.

"He has begun to receive rehabilitation treatment in the intensive care unit.

"His family would like to express its thanks for all the messages of support which it has received."

Ballesteros retired from golf last year following arthritic back and knee problems, while doctors discovered an irregular heartbeat when he was admitted to hospital in 2007.

"With the help of God, the neurosurgeons and their teams, and those who are keeping watch over his state of health at the intensive care unit, we trust with unquestioning faith Seve will come out successfully from this hardship," said his family in a statement on Ballesteros's website.

Back
Top Bottom