• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Should a draw be worth more than 1 point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
I personally think they should not least because it would mean we would have more points than we currently do. I don't think it should be worth 2 points as it was a very long time ago but maybe 1.5 points. Or go 4 points for a win and 2 points for a draw and 0 for a loss.

Odd

Was never 2 pts. It was 2 for a win & 1 for a draw.

If you go 4 for win, 2 for draw then that's just the same as the old system, the fact the points are doubled makes no difference. They got rid of the old system for a reason, to encourage teams to go for a win rather than hold out for a draw

If you have 2 pts for a draw and 3 for a win it would be worse than the old system.

Oh and 1.5 pts for a draw is also effectively the same as the old system.

You haven't really thought this out have you?

Ok what about an extra point for a big score?

Im not a rugby person but don't they have that in one of their leagues/competitions?

Removes the incentive to win. If we are going to deal in halves then a draw should be worth 0.5 points.

Im not a rugby person but don't they have that in one of their leagues/competitions?

I'm not in favour of that either. It seems like something that could be easily corruptible.

Imagine the uproar on here if City had got an extra point for smashing Chelsea

I'm not in favour of that either. It seems like something that could be easily corruptible.

Imagine the uproar on here if City had got an extra point for smashing Chelsea

Yea true, goal difference counts already as well

I personally think they should not least because it would mean we would have more points than we currently do. I don't think it should be worth 2 points as it was a very long time ago but maybe 1.5 points. Or go 4 points for a win and 2 points for a draw and 0 for a loss.

You've clearly given this a lot of thought

In rugby you can get bonus points for losing, which is really fucking stupid. Then rugby is really fucking stupid so I guess it makes sense

Haha. I remember the good old days here in Norway when they tried out a penalty shoot out when a draw with an extra point for the winner of the shoot out. I think they scrapped after 1 season, which was probably a better idea than to introduce it.

Do they still do that mad thing in the MLS instead of penalties? I feel like the answer is no because we'd definitely have seen plenty of highlight videos.

What in the actual fuck? LOL seriously @buttercup or @bluebell? Or whatever your name is. That's the dumbest idea since someone thought it was a good idea to sell amber with fossilised insects in the hope that they can then breed a T-Rex with DNA from a frog........

@bluebell has he gone into hiding? There is perhaps a very small argument for 2pts in high scoring draw, such as anything more than and including 2-2. I'm not sure it would pass though.

Id totally revolutionise the system. 300 points for a win 100 points for a draw, great way to get yanks interested.

Maybe zero points for a 0-0 and 1 point for a score draw. Might give those park-the-bus teams something to think about?

I’ve had this thought before and changed my mind. It wouldn’t change any approach as those teams would still hope to nick something on the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom