• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Should be interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Liverpool have announced they are to allow access to American broadcaster FOX Soccer for a behind-the-scenes documentary.
Cameras will be given unprecedented dressing-room access at Anfield to film what will be a six-part documentary entitled Our Liverpool: Never Walk Alone.
Filming is due to begin next month in order to capture preparations for the FA Cup final against Chelsea, as well as documenting the Wembley showpiece itself.
Liverpool chairman Tom Werner said: "I expect it will be compelling programming as Liverpool will provide unprecedented access.
"This will be an amazing opportunity for our fans to see a new side of the club and for us to reach out to many more potential supporters around the world who will come to understand what makes Liverpool FC so special."
The TV crew will also cover Liverpool's pre-season tour to the United States and Canada, which kicks off against Toronto FC on 21 July at the 47,000-capacity Rogers Centre.
Liverpool have described the documentary as "a first for any broadcaster in the world of football." Although such access, and the results of the filming, are bound to draw comparisons with the warts and all BBC documentary Queens Park Rangers: The Four Year Plan. The incredible access granted at Loftus Road made for some unforgettable, and rather embarrassing footage of the former QPR regime - something Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group will be keen to avoid.
Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre said: "This project creates a fantastic opportunity to allow people across the world to have a glimpse of the inner workings of the club following the lives of our staff, our players and our fans, all of whom make up everything that is Liverpool Football Club."
---------------
I'd definitely watch it....if we win.

Jeff Shreeves is going to be the main man for this show. He'll be great at half time.

'So lads, you know you're 2-0 down yea? And if it stays like this you'll lose yea? Jordan, you've been pretty anonymous in the first half, any thoughts?"

I can't think of any fly-on-the-wall type thing like this that hasn't left most of the people looking like dicks.

Did anyone ever watch any of Hard Knocks, where they did something similar with the NY Jets? It was excellent

I fear this will be embarrassing though

Scousers tend not to be the best on tv.

Blus we've got the fun vacuum in henderson

Oh, I think it'll be interesting to hear what is said in the dressing room.

I think it will be interesting to see who finds it interesting.

Here's an example of Hard Knocks:

Look at this clown, trying to remember all his kids - note the ages:

Do you reckon we'll get anything that honest out of this programme ?

This is bound to be fucking ridiculous.

I mean we've suspected for a while that if you pulled the curtain back you'd find out the wizard wasn't all he seemed, but there is still something of the Oz about the notion of supporting the club. This is just going to make cunts out of everyone.

Dalglish in a screen test for good, bad and ugly Anfield

Liverpool's decision to open up the inner workings of the club to an American fly-on-the-wall documentary TV crew is being greeted with caution by some Anfield insiders as the Fox Soccer channel promises to show 'things no one outside the inner sanctum has seen or experienced before'.
Senior officials are taking a 'suck it and see' approach to how manager Kenny Dalglish, who has had a fractious relationship with the media this season, will cope with being trailed by cameras most days.
The potential for embarrassing on-screen bust-ups is also obvious, bearing in mind the recent upheaval at the club, including Liverpool's faltering league form and the sacking of senior personnel.

Owner John W Henry fired director of football Damien Comolli and head of sports medicine Peter Brukner in private face-to face meetings, and some at Liverpool are wondering whether a TV project that by definition needs access to such moments could backfire.
Nobody from Henry's organisation has given Dalglish any cast-iron guarantees about his own long-term role, for example. 'Imagine if further dismissals become necessary between now and when filming ends in September,' said one source.
David Nathanson, executive vice-president of FOX Soccer, tells me that Liverpool are 'partners' on the project and will be consulted on content.
'But the ownership and management understand for this to be compelling television we need to document everything that happens - the good, the bad and the ugly,' he says. 'This is not a soft promotional piece. This is the inner workings revealed for the first time.'
The show, Our Liverpool: Never Walk Alone, will be a six-part series, screened in the autumn and will take in the end of this season, the summer break, including Liverpool's North American tour to Toronto, Boston and Baltimore, the transfer window and the start of the 2012-13 campaign. Fox Sports chairman David Hill has said Dalglish's contributions will probably be subtitled so that American viewers can understand his Scottish accent.
Liverpool's chairman, Tom Werner, briefed reporters in the US that he will be asking the team to let camera crews into their homes - something not all the squad will welcome - especially after a spate of burglaries at players' homes over the past few years. Camera crews will start filming on a daily basis within weeks.

Oh this is gonna be good...

This is a fucking joke, there's a million reasons no other club has done this, & not only will it give the media a shitload of ammo, it'll potentially put off top players joining us too, esp if insisting on intrusion into their homes.

I agree it sounds a poor idea. Apparently there's a quiet confidence internally that they've learnt from the previous examples and will have a tighter control editorially, but unless we suddenly start on a blissfully successful period it seems foolish.

At least anyone ever saying 'The Liverpool Way' again about anything we do ever in the future can be told to shut the fuck up before they even start.

Well, it's not remembered much these days but the club did grant some pretty special access to Granada in the past - once for a Bob Paisley tribute during his last season and then for a Dalglish documentary when he became player-manager. The access was unprecedented but the control the club had over what was shown meant that the programmes were interesting but very discreet.

The club have to give authorisation for the final cut. With everything else we have been put through for the last few years, we can't make us more a laughing stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom