• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Should he stay or should he go?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Should he stay or should he go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Coutinho. I think it's safe to assume Barca or PSG will come back with a £100million+ offer in January, and with the emergence of Salah, and Mane continuing to be superb, you could argue Phil has become a bit of a luxury at £100million plus, and we could invest that money in areas like defence and central midfield, and having held onto him this summer, we've already saved face and put a dent in the motion we're a selling club, it's the perfect time to sell right?

However, in Phil, Mo and Sadio we have three genuinely world class players, we should hold on to those and build the team around them right? The thought of Keita coming in next season, a VVD level defender coming in, and fuck knows who else, we're on the cusp of a very very exciting team aren't we?

Today I'd keep him, but i'm proper on the fence on this one.

As much as Salah and Mane are proving better fits at the moment, you have to think about Coutinho's ability at free kicks, or when he does that cut in from the left 25 yards out and leashes unstoppable shots. Also, what happens when next AFCON comes around? Bit screwed then. I would much rather keep him than let him go and risk splunking the money on players who may not add to the team.

As much as Salah and Mane are proving better fits at the moment, you have to think about Coutinho's ability at free kicks, or when he does that cut in from the left 25 yards out and leashes unstoppable shots. Also, what happens when next AFCON comes around? Bit screwed then. I would much rather keep him than let him go and risk splunking the money on players who may not add to the team.

I thought AFCON moved to off season?

Totally agree with GK. If he wants to go to a club where the destination could be on the border of civil war then so be it. My own view is that we can replace him with someone more consistent and someone better physically built. Yeah is good but world class ... NO - to inconsistent for us.

We need all three players if we're to challenge-- just look at the options our rivals have. People have short memories -- where is this excellent player who will replace him mid-season? Do we think our scouts are actually able to find, let alone bring in, a suitable replacement?

Isn't Lemar his touted 'replacement' ? I don't know why we'd be scrambling to buy him at the end of last season if he wasn't.

But yes, we are surely on the cusp of a potentially title challenging team with Keita and our strikeforce. I could see Coutinho leaving and say Lemar and Aubameyang coming in alongside VVD and maybe another defender next Summer. Exciting times with Klopp and co. at the helm.

I think we need 4 players. A decent keeper, 2 centre backs and a midfielder. We won’t get all that in January. So keep him till the summer. We can use him till then and if he has a stormer at the World Cup his price can only rise.

If we can keep cou then it would be foolish not to. But he wants to go so we have no choice but to let him go. But he's hardly a luxury player he's bloody quality and our best player.

We need all three players if we're to challenge-- just look at the options our rivals have. People have short memories -- where is this excellent player who will replace him mid-season? Do we think our scouts are actually able to find, let alone bring in, a suitable replacement?

You make a good point. I agree with you - as I said, it needs to be on our terms. But I am extremely sure that, since the last saga, we've put in place plans for finding a replacement. No one expected the end of the summer window to really mark the end of this issue, so I'd expect us to demand enough money to cover the loss of Can as well as Coutinho, and also secure at least one more midfielder. In an ideal world I'd like Coutinho to stay and let Klopp develop him into a deeper-lying playmaker, surrounded and supported by high energy and aggressive midfielders, but it's surely not happening.

I do not think we will sell and I’m pleased if we don’t.... he is a really good player and does some lovely things on the pitch. Actually calling him a really good player isn’t quite fair, on his day he is a worldy and that’s why Barca came sniffing.

We don’t have a superstar player per se but we do actually have a sizeable bunch of really good ones, Phil is one of those.

Instead of selling good players let’s buy some more.

Really liking Richarlison. Not like for like but if Coutinho goes we should buy this guy.

Still think Mahrez would be good for us. The thing with Phil is he doesn't just open space, he scores goals. But we're third in the goalscoring charts again right now and I think his playmaking skillz are far more important than the goals he scores, and I think Mahrez would fill that gap. I know we are going to get injuries but if you dropped Coutinho when Lallana is fit I don't think you're going to see much a difference in how we play or results. If we can get 120 and buy Mahrez or whoever else, Rchalroisonson or whatever, PLUS a fucking boss DM, with Keita already coming, then our BEST ELEVEN which obv doesn't exist even as a concept, will be better than it is now.

Still think Mahrez would be good for us. The thing with Phil is he doesn't just open space, he scores goals. But we're third in the goalscoring charts again right now and I think his playmaking skillz are far more important than the goals he scores, and I think Mahrez would fill that gap. I know we are going to get injuries but if you dropped Coutinho when Lallana is fit I don't think you're going to see much a difference in how we play or results. If we can get 120 and buy Mahrez or whoever else, Rchalroisonson or whatever, PLUS a fucking boss DM, with Keita already coming, then our BEST ELEVEN which obv doesn't exist even as a concept, will be better than it is now.

Mahrez doesn't work hard enough and seems to need his team to create the 1v1 situation for him rather than actually creating something by/for himself. Good player for 30-45 mins and disappears for the rest.

Mahrez doesn't work hard enough and seems to need his team to create the 1v1 situation for him rather than actually creating something by/for himself. Good player for 30-45 mins and disappears for the rest.

I'm not saying I know what I'm on about, but when Leics won the league he played some wonderful football and is the closest I've seen to Coutinho in the last few years.

Also, Coutinho is similarly guilty of those traits.

The minute I saw the 4 names on our teamsheet there wasn't a shadow of doubt we'd trounce Soton. There's so much firepower in our frontline.

Sent from my Apple Watch using Tapatalk

Ideally we keep him but resigned to losing him already its just a case of

A- how much we get
B- who we replace him with
C- how we use the money to strengthen other areas of the squad

If were going to sell we have to have a plan in place.

None of thast post suarez shite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom