• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Skrtel latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1975

Interest from Arsenal and Napoli, he's saying he wants to stay, which is probably an attempt to force the club into pushing him out.

If there's any truth in the Arsenal interest I wouldn't mind a straight swap with Vermalen. I know he's had a dodgy Season but he has otherwise showed good promise.

Vermaelen has no positional sense whatsoever - you saw the difference in Vermaeln/Big Per and Big Per/Kolciensky (who however your spell his name). He'll end up with Barca - good attacking defenders who struggle to defend (bar Puyol of course)

Skrtel was our best player the season before last so give him another chance. One bad season shouldn't be the end for him. Coach him FFS

On the other hand one good season in how many here?

Fair point, but I felt he was the scapegoat for our defensive ills this season. Agger has made plenty of mistakes and Johnson always seems to get away with style over substance in terms of defending.

Given we've lost Carra, and have Coates who fills me with Pellgrino like fear, Wisdom who is untested and Kelly who is perma injured, then we have to look at keeping Skrtel for at least another year or we could be left with Kolo Toure as our first choice. Eeek!

Skrtel may have only had one really excellent season with us but the others were still good enough. He's clearly a worthwhile squad member but for one reason or another Rodgers doesn't seem to want him so the debate becomes a little pointless (whether that is right or wrong is another matter).

On the plus side, it would seem that other clubs seem to agree that he's a good player and we'll hopefully get a good fee for him.

New Napoli boss Rafael Benitez is looking to recruit some of his former charges from Liverpool according to reports.
The Daily Star claims Rafa is interested in securing the services of Martin Skrtel, Lucas and Daniel Agger.
Skrtel's future is uncertain, but it is unlikely the Reds would consider parting with Agger or Lucas.
Source: Daily Star
60 million for all 3 is fair, no?

I can't help to think it's sloppy journalism. He's bought them once, he'll probably buy them again, right?

Right.

http://www.ilmattino.it/sport/sscna...l_agger_ramires_meireles/notizie/284971.shtml

Rafa Benitez intends to poach Liverpool defenders Martin Skrtel and Daniel Agger for Napoli, according to reports.

The new Coach is looking to his past as he begins this adventure at the Stadio San Paolo.

Il Mattino newspaper is the latest to suggest Benitez has requested two reinforcements from Liverpool.

Skrtel is the top target with numerous reports of Napoli interest for the 28-year-old Slovakian centre-back.

Another option is Agger, although he is less likely to arrive, so the Partenopei are turning their focus on to Torino’s Angelo Ogbonna instead.

Claims that some of the other names that feature on his wanted list include Ramires, Mascherano, Meireles and Kuyt

Skrtel was very good last season, but if there is a chance we could swap him with Papadopolous for the same amount of cash I'd grab it with both hands.

He's been poor this season, signed a new contact with high wages and is 29.

Keep Agger and sell Skrtel.

The whole defense was poor in the first half of the season, it was pissing goals everywhere, it took us ages to get the midfield half right and to settle at the back, Agger, Skrtel, Coates and Johnson were all responsible for a few gaffs each, he was just singled out and is probably the closest in style to Carragher, so was naturally going to be the one to make way. He was brilliant in his first season (in which we finished 2nd), had an indifferent second one, was back to his best the year after and then was made a scapegoat of last season. None of them have been particularly consistent with us and are far from a patch on Sami and Carragher, but they are hitting the ages now where they "could" put their experience to good use and start to show the form weathered pros should.

Will probably be off to Napoli and Rafa.
Italian media saying we'll start negotiating this week.
We want 14 mill €, Napoli think thats to much (obvs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom