• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So I have to pay £238 x 2 for a ticket now to bring my son...

Status
Not open for further replies.

are we back?

Active
A little relevence first - I don't post much here anymore, some of the older lads might recognise the name from (take a big breath) Koptalk back in the day. I live in Ireland about 30 mins from Dublin.

My first ever Anfield game was in 1981, a 0-0 draw vs Forest. I was 15 and got autographs of KK, Phil Neal and Sammy Lee outside the hotel as I remember (must check - still upstairs somewhere). It was a school trip and we paid £1.90 into the kop - no tickets that time.

Over the years I went over, mostly by boat, to probably two games a year. Great times and great craic with ManU and Leeds fans i have to say.
Got married, still went maybe once. Had kids, still got over once a season, or less. Life.

So I'm not as die-hard than some Irish travellers, that's true, but priorities in life means money goes elsewhere.

I've got membership and me and my son (now 16) have been to Anfield since we got that (twice in last three seasons). Priority 3 games obviously.

I missed the sale this time, once coz of work and once coz I forgot, so we're fucked. So today before the game I got two Bournemouth Hospitality tickets, it's our birthdays in feb so that's do-able I suppose.

My question after all this is, should I be doing this differently? How the fuck can someone like me get tickets at face value? Or even near.

Forgive me but I've had a drink or two celebrating, but remain frustrated.

A little relevence first - I don't post much here anymore, some of the older lads might recognise the name from (take a big breath) Koptalk back in the day. I live in Ireland about 30 mins from Dublin.

My first ever Anfield game was in 1981, a 0-0 draw vs Forest. I was 15 and got autographs of KK, Phil Neal and Sammy Lee outside the hotel as I remember (must check - still upstairs somewhere). It was a school trip and we paid £1.90 into the kop - no tickets that time.

Over the years I went over, mostly by boat, to probably two games a year. Great times and great craic with ManU and Leeds fans i have to say.
Got married, still went maybe once. Had kids, still got over once a season, or less. Life.

So I'm not as die-hard than some Irish travellers, that's true, but priorities in life means money goes elsewhere.

I've got membership and me and my son (now 16) have been to Anfield since we got that (twice in last three seasons). Priority 3 games obviously.

I missed the sale this time, once coz of work and once coz I forgot, so we're fucked. So today before the game I got two Bournemouth Hospitality tickets, it's our birthdays in feb so that's do-able I suppose.

My question after all this is, should I be doing this differently? How the fuck can someone like me get tickets at face value? Or even near.

Forgive me but I've had a drink or two celebrating, but remain frustrated.

You can't these days lol. @Woland may be of some help, but I'm sure he has already said it's a real struggle

Like you mate, I have membership cards and have been able to get tickets for 5-10 games for the last ten seasons or so.
This season has proven really difficult to get tickets.
Apart from asking @Woland I don't know is there is any other way.
The more successful we get the harder it will be to get tickets and if we are in with a shout of the title expect tickets to be exchanged for thousands of pounds/euros

I was gonna make a similar thread, but i'll hijack this one instead as it's basically the same point. I want to go to a premier league game this season, any game, I don't care, as long as I can go. I, like @the count, got slapped in the cunt by membership sales (even though LFC happily charged me £81 for membership cards I can't make use of), I'm now wondering if there's any chance of getting tickets outside of someone having a random spare? They have sales two weeks before each game, realistically, do you ever have a chance of getting anything from these?

Thanks lads, have to be happy with pay over € 1000 for this trip, rejuvenated Mancs seem to be playing at home that weekend so even those flight are up.

Ah well, be good if my lad can say he was there....like his Dad was, the season we won the league

@are we back?
Do you post on boards.ie ?
If you don't there is another bloke just like you going to the Bournemouth game.

I am over every now and then. I have some contacts for ticks. I was offered 3 for Palace at £75 each and one for Spurs and one for Chelsea at same. Not going on any of those. Have secured one for £60 for the Wolves game through a friend of mine running worldclasstravelling.com. He sometimes has a few spares so if anyone to over and used his services as well there is a chance. I am personalet struggling a little bit for away ticks to Munich. I see They are crazy expensive on the web. Bringing my son and nephew over. Crossing fingers that something will materialize there.

Yeah it gets harder the more likely we are to win. I was getting loads of spares at the start of the year, didn't even get in myself yesterday.

I’ve unexpectedly become free the weekend of 19th and thinking I’ll come up. Are there any sites that do hospitality tickets other than the official? Only looking for a single.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom