• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So...Leon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
Ok so i'll admit I didnt see much of Swansea live last year. Match of the day etc. But I do remember that in all the games I saw Leon Britton was absolutely key to how the club played.
The centre backs were encouraged to find Britton who linked play. He basically buzzed around in front of the back 4 and hardly got anywhere near the halfway line.
Additionally I seem to remember when I saw them Dyer and Sinclair pulling VERY wide to stretch play

So I wonder if Rodgers will attempt to play the same formation in Liverpool and if so what do we need to bring in to play that way. Or alternately will he just build on our existing strengths?

If he replicated what I think Swansea played like then Lucas will be the Britton player but (surprise surprise) we have only Downing and Maxi as wingers. So I know this is a running theme for us bit the key for me to suit the 'Rodgers' way is signing two wingers.
Reina
Johnson
Agger
Skrtel
Enrique

Wonderman

Gerrard
Suarez

?
Carroll
?

God that would be a hell of a statement of intent and a surefire way to get the fans onside.

Reina
Johnson
Agger
Skrtel
Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard
Suarez

?
Carroll
Sterling

Mr Rodgers wants chalk on boots pace to burn skin a motherfucker wingers not ay-dapted CM's

I reckon our back four could flourish in Rodgers system.
A refined non swashbuckling Gerrard could be fucking perfect too

hansern i believe mentioned narsingh of herenveen 8 goals and 22 assists in 35 games and he's pacy which fits Rodgers' system could be an option. Suarez could also become a winger/foward to.

Aslong as Downing isn't in his plans i'll be happy enough.

Do need a few quality additions though.

God that would be a hell of a statement of intent and a surefire way to get the fans onside.

Reina
Johnson
Agger
Skrtel
Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard
Suarez

?
Carroll
Sterling
Joe Cole has unfinished business but is by no means a winger. Tired of square pegs in round holes.

Maybe Affellay would be a good buy for 6M or Robben?

No telling if Rodgers will bring the Swansea system to us, but if he does, Enrique's going to be in a lot of trouble keeping his place if he doesn't learn to stop dwelling on the ball. And Kuyt may have his detractors for his shit first touch and lack of pace, but he's intelligent and it sounds like the system closely resembles his role with the Dutch team in a three man attack. He might be hanging around for longer.

No telling if Rodgers will bring the Swansea system to us, but if he does, Enrique's going to be in a lot of trouble keeping his place if he doesn't learn to stop dwelling on the ball. And Kuyt may have his detractors for his shit first touch and lack of pace, but he's intelligent and it sounds like the system closely resembles his role with the Dutch team in a three man attack. He might be hanging around for longer.

The system is about retaining possession, something dirk is incapable of doing consistently.

He will bring the same system, and the role of the full-back isn't as critical to the system he wants to play. You can get away with pretty average ones to be honest, which suits us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom