• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So Man City.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 6. Until Hughes leaves and they get a top manager and slowly start to attract some top names. Give it maybe 2 or 3 seasons and they will break the top four.

MANCHESTER CITY ANNOUNCE YET ANOTHER NEW SIGNING

mark-hughes_1364695c.jpg

Er...um...I am pleased to...er...um...announce that...er...um...we have secured the...er...um...signature of Craig Bellamy for Manchester City. Er...um...As an ambitious...er...um...club, we feel Craig is the right kind of signing for us to...er...um....make at this stage, so even though he's already here...er...um...we feel signing him again sends out the right...er...um...message about what this football club is...er...um...about. As you can see, I'm absolutely...er...um...ecstatic. Er...um...that's all. Over to you, er...um...Craig.

craig-bellamy_1009452c.jpg

Thanks boss. Yes, folks, me again! Fellas, let me tell you: I am absolutely gobsmacked. One hundred and ten per cent. Gob-flipping-flaming-smacked. There I was, right, out and about, doing a bit of shopping in Morrisons - bio-friendly yoghurt nonsense for the missus, a copy of NUTS and some meat - when the phone goes. DING-DING. So I answers it. 'Look, I'm GETTING your flipping bio-flamin'-friendly-' "No, no," this voice goes, "It's me, Mark Hughes, your boss!" FLIPPING HECK! Anyways, he goes on: "Look, Craig, we've had a bit of a think, and we've decided to buy you". I said, 'But...but...you already HAVE bought me!' So he says, "Yeah, I knows that, boyo, but we're going to buy you again". I said, 'Er, but why?' So he says, "Because we can". There's no answer to that, is there? Anyway, I decided to haggle. Cheeky, I know, but you've got to try, haven't you? So I says, 'Hmmm, that's very tempting, boss, but I have some conditions...' He goes, "I've got some cream for that". I tell you, that man is HYSTERICAL! You don't see it on the outside, but I promise you, he is a flipping COMEDIAN behind closed doors! Anyway, I says, 'Look, I want a gourmet box of meat delivered to me door every Monday come hell or high flipping water, right? And...and...another box - an assortment of meats, like they have on David Letterman - delivered on Friday, right? And I want to be let off training early so - FOR A CHANGE -I can get home to catch the start of Diagnosis Murder, right? And I want a shirt with no collar, right? And I WILL NOT STAND FOR BEING WHISTLED FOR OFFSIDE IN FIVE-A-FLAMING-SIDES, right?' So the boss just goes, "Sorry, I missed that, I was looking at the telly, but whatever it was, um, er, probably". Result. eh? Back of the flipping net! So I says, 'Who are we going to sign next, boss?' He whispers, "Keep this under your hat, Craig, boy, but it's...Stephen Ireland!" I tell you, this club is flipping going places!

I have a feeling Hughes will be strengthening the defence considerably over the next month or so and I envisage them pushing Arsenal for 4th and Hughes proving that he is a decent manager. It has to be said that most City fans do not share my opinion on Hughes and would like a new manager.

I'm not prepared to write Hughes off at City just yet.

His team this year has been disjointed and they've had several key defenders woefully out of form. This summer they've got the chance to strengthen and Barry's a very good start for them. Landing Tevez would really push them up into the the European places.

Top 6

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=33933.msg881180#msg881180 date=1244021836]
I have a feeling Hughes will be strengthening the defence considerably over the next month or so and I envisage them pushing Arsenal for 4th and Hughes proving that he is a decent manager. It has to be said that most City fans do not share my opinion on Hughes and would like a new manager.
[/quote]

I always thought Hughes was a decent manager, but he's not shown that at City so far and I can understand why City fans want him out.

The team was good enough even with injuries to do better than two or whatever it was away wins all season.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=33933.msg880677#msg880677 date=1243967868]
given
bridge
dunne
richards
neill

barry
de jong
kompany

robinho
tevez
bellamy.

Thats a top 6 team.
[/quote]

Kompany is a centre back why would he play in midfield?

[quote author=Glock link=topic=33933.msg881296#msg881296 date=1244028092]
[/quote]

Were you unlucky enough to watch Manchester City last season? Kompany played as a holding midfielder in most of his starts.

Hughes is pretty clueless tactically and he's signing premiership stalwarts like Barry, Given, Bridge etc. Will Richard Dunne still be in their defence?! they're not good enough despite being ok players and never had the expecations of achieving things to deal with. my prediction is they will finish 6th or 7th.

[quote author=Glock link=topic=33933.msg881296#msg881296 date=1244028092]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=33933.msg880677#msg880677 date=1243967868]
given
bridge
dunne
richards
neill

barry
de jong
kompany

robinho
tevez
bellamy.

Thats a top 6 team.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ask Hughes.

Word is Michael Johnson is well and truly fucked. Dunno if he's likely to play again, but it won't be at the level he looked like getting to. Probably a Newcastle at best.

A shame if true as I though he looked the real deal. Might be bollocks, but two City fans have told it me separately.

Maybe that's why he's on the ale so much (allegedly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom