• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"SOS-SL" Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack D Rips

Very Well-Known
Spirit Of Shankly and ShareLiverpoolFC – Formal Agreement
By Amanda Musch (Other posts by Amanda Musch)

Spirit Of Shankly and ShareLiverpoolFC – Formal Agreement

“Spirit Of Shankly, the Liverpool Supporters Union, and ShareLiverpoolFC are pleased to announce that we have reached a formal agreement that allows us to push forward as one unified force for supporter ownership of our club. We have already been working closely together for some time but recognise the need for a unified organisation to successfully pursue this goal.

Recent discussions have led to an agreement about how we can work together for the benefit of all supporters. This will see ShareLiverpoolFC re-branded as Spirit Of Shankly – ShareLiverpoolFC (SOS-SL), bringing together the combined resources of both organisations to work on the issue of supporter ownership. By working as one we will be much more effective in achieving that goal.

Using the strengths and attributes of both Spirit Of Shankly and ShareLiverpoolFC, along with the supporters who back them, we will:

?Continue to develop the model of supporter ownership
?Work to secure the funds necessary to acquire supporter ownership of the club, through direct share purchases and the Spirit Of Shankly Credit Union
?Oversee the launch of the share issue to raise these funds
?Promote the issue of supporter ownership through high quality, consistent communications.
?Represent 50,000 (and rising) Liverpool fans on this issue, providing a unified voice that cannot be disregarded
SOS-SL will retain ShareLiverpoolFC’s constitutional status as an investment vehicle through which shares can be purchased to take a stake in LFC and will, like the soon to be launched Credit Union, have its own Management Committee. This will comprise members from the current Board of ShareLiverpoolFC and representatives from Spirit Of Shankly. In order to bring greater unity to the supporter ownership campaign SOS-SL will be represented, alongside the Credit Union, on the Spirit Of Shankly Management Committee, enabling us to build one unified campaign.

Working together is clearly the best result for all of us. By combining forces on this issue we are creating a massive organisation of LFC supporters in pursuit of a shared aim. Every single one of us, speaking with one voice, letting everyone know that this is our Club, not only emotionally but financially too. We have to build on the momentum we have now, grow and become stronger, to become truly representative of the entire fan base.

Then as one, working together, speaking together, let’s become proper custodians. Let’s take back our football club.

Spirit Of Shankly Management Committee & ShareLiverpoolFC Boardâ

This is bad, and represents a lack of good judgement by the Share Liverpool group. Tying a group that needs to canvass the support of many thousands of LFC fans from around the world to a militant fringe who are fundamentally condescending to anyone without a Liverpool postcode is a bit silly.

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=41100.msg1141032#msg1141032 date=1279880070]
I was signed up to Share Liverpool................not anymore I am not

regards
[/quote]

This.

You know SOS argue that Purslow can't possibly be acting for the good of the club, as there's a conflict of interest as they allege he wants to own it.... Well duh... I think you can see where I'm going here.

[quote author=Loch Ness Monster link=topic=41100.msg1141039#msg1141039 date=1279881117]
[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=41100.msg1141032#msg1141032 date=1279880070]

regards
[/quote]

This.
[/quote]

Me too. I even contacted them to ask them not to do it - guess I'll be withdrawing from them now. Shame.

It will cost ShareLiverpool more than it's worth, making an already difficult project even harder.

Idiots

[quote author=miker221 link=topic=41100.msg1141102#msg1141102 date=1279889596]
[quote author=Loch Ness Monster link=topic=41100.msg1141039#msg1141039 date=1279881117]

regards
[/quote]

This.
[/quote]

Me too. I even contacted them to ask them not to do it - guess I'll be withdrawing from them now. Shame.
[/quote]

Me too. I signed up for ShareLiverpooFC when it first started up, as I liked the idea of the club being owned by the fans on the Spanish model - even though I realised that it was probably too ambitious to succeed.

When ShareLiverpoolFC sent me an email recently announcing the merger with Spirit of Shankly, I sent a reply that I did not want to be associated with them any more and unsubscribing from their email list.

Well the best we can hope for from this is that somehow the SOS sorts itself out a bit.

I have doubts about ShareLiverpool and whether it would work but at least they do seem to have some decent people involved and appear more sensible in their approach.

Maybe SOS will change their tactics a bit? I don't really see that in this day and age any group wanting to be taken seriously needs to have a 'Direct Action Co-ordinator', and I am surprised that ShareLiverpool would want to be associated with a militant group like that.

[quote author=miker221 link=topic=41100.msg1141102#msg1141102 date=1279889596]

regards
[/quote]

This.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Me too.

I had a little bit of me hoping share liverpool would work, not a chance now.

Not really knowing what is SOS, I will take a cue from my mates here to unsubscribe.

LOL it's a fans' organisation called "Spirit of Shankly" Y1. They do demonstrations and marches against the American owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom