• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sterlings Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlads Quiff

Well-Known
A couple of links in the news today start with things like
" Sterling's Sorrow" and "Sterling apologises"
I am at a loss about a few things firstly to how it actually happened, as Martinez said both players were looking at the ball, and came together in the air, secondly how the referee decided it was a foul in the first place, and lastly how the papers think Sterling made an apology, as if he did it would imply some guilt, what he said was :

To Ben Watson I didn't realise it was serious as that. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery mate. I'll have you in my prayers every day.

To me that is not an apology, it is just a nice little note wishing the player well, presumably sent as it was sustained in an incident with him, but no more.
Is it me getting uber-paranoid or does anyone else see this as is another example of an underlying agenda with the press here.

Huth's challenge on Suarez wasn't mentioned in the press.
Nor was an apology even considered.
So you have a fair point.

On the tweet I read it had a #sorry hash tag at the end of it. I took it as an apology from Raheem but when I watched the incident on MOTD I didn't get why he put sorry at the end of his tweet. He didn't do anything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom