• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sturridge for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This useless cunt", who scored at a rate higher than 1 in 2 before injuries really hit him hard. You can't really blame people for hoping a while back that he would regain something near his top form, given he's one of the most gifted finishers who's played for us.

There's a lot of history rewriting, revisionist nonsense in this thread. "He only looked good because of Suarez", except for when he was carrying us through Suarez's bans.

Go back to the chalkboard and bang on about thinking man's footballers and the rest of the pretentious bollocks.

I also rate Salah, and I'm not saying he isn't a very good forward...

I hope I'm wrong on that one though. Probably, I don't really know anything about football.

So what are you saying about Salah? Spit it out Farky. I have a lynching to organise.

I honestly can't think where you would find fault with him.

If I remember it correctly when they did play together, they usually stayed out of each others way. Coutinho was often behind Sturridge's goals.
Injuries hampered his career not Suarez leaving. I mean look at him now, doesn't have that burst of pace anymore, which was his signature move.

£30m is realistic, the smaller clubs would never have the chance to persuade a similarly talented striker to even look at then, so they should be made to pay for the opportunity.

2 league goals this year.
3 last year
8 the year before
And 4 the year before that.

Replacing Martin Skrtel’s goal contribution was a bigger issue.

Studge was incredible with Suarez.
Incredible.
He's a brilliant finisher - though he's struggled the last few years with injuries, confidence & game time.
He's just not had enough games to classify him as one of the best English strikers, unless we're only going on finishing and potential.

Studge was incredible with Suarez.
Incredible.
He's a brilliant finisher - though he's struggled the last few years with injuries, confidence & game time.
He's just not had enough games to classify him as one of the best English strikers, unless we're only going on finishing and potential.

He thrived in the system Rodgers played - having Suarez play up top with him is what allowed him to be such a key player for us.

But unfortunately Klopp's system does not suit him at all.

The same goes for Firmino - he looked really AVERAGE under Rodger's ... yet he thrives in Klopp's system.

I will never speak badly about a player because of his injuries - it's just unfortunate what has happened to Sturridge.

Time for him to move on.

He thrived in the system Rodgers played - having Suarez play up top with him is what allowed him to be such a key player for us.

The same goes for Firmino - he looked really AVERAGE under Rodger's ... yet he thrives in Klopp's system.

I will never speak badly about a player because of his injuries - it's just unfortunate what has happened to Sturridge.

Time for him to move on.

Studge led the line for the first 10 games of the 2013-14 season during the Suarez ban and helped us to a position near the top of the league. In some ways that was the very best of Studge, where we were really dependent upon him, and he carried that responsibility well.

Time for him to move on.

I don't think I'm speaking badly of him! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom