• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Rugby tours.

Spaghetti Legs

Banned
Banned
Any chance at all for England?

If they had a full strength squad i would fancy them to maybe win 1 game, as it stands cant see anything but 3-0 with tommorow being quite a beating.

Should be 2 gimmes for Ireland and as for Wales well how can anyone really believe it will be anything but same old same old?

Not a hope for England. The scheduling of the First Test is a piece of shysterism on the part of N.Zealand Rugby, but whether the end result would otherwise have turned out differently is pretty doubtful IMHO.

Didn't Ireland and France very nearly beat them in the last couple of years when they toured there?

Agree though, cant see anything but 3-0 although England did prove that win was no fluke by going close again, this situation whole different ball game though.

Well, whaddyaknow? Ran them pretty darn close in the end. If the second string can push them *that* hard, we may have prospects after all.

Thought our best chance would be in the last test if anything, maybe this one might prove to be the best chance although with some big players coming back you would hope not.

Damn shame about the result but this England team/squad is improving all the time, looks like the progression to peak at the WC is well on track, this team ain't far from NZ at all, the last 3 games prove that, its just these small details/margins the games are coming down to, England need to start getting on the right side of them.

Saying that you watch NZ blow England away next week, lol.

Oh well, didn't see it but it sounds like a convincing win even though there was only a point in it.

Manu on the wing sounds like it didn't go well, that man has to play in the middle.

I didn't see it either, but I note we were hit by another sin-binning. I just hope it was a better decision than the one in the First Test, when I thought Nigel Owens - who is normally one of the best around - had by some distance the worst game I've seen him referee.

Champions win even when they don't deserve it though, and the Blacks' will and ability to do so are phenomenal. Agree about Tuilagi but my paper said before the game that this was a change the England coaching team had been wanting to make for some time. Go figure.

England retained their Junior World Championship title with a nail-biting 21-20 victory over South Africa in a final that went right to the wire.
A greasy Eden Park surface played havoc with the both teams' handling, with neither sets of backs able to fire consistently. But England were good enough both in attack and defence when it mattered and lift for the second time in successive years.
England's try-scoring heroes came in the form of Nathan Earle and Joel Conlon, while fly-half Billy Burns matched the illustrious Springbok No.10 Handre Pollard from the kicking tee.
But South Africa did not go quietly. They scrapped like animals in Auckland, scoring two tries of their own through centre Jessie Kriel. Had captain Pollard been more accurate with the boot - he missed two dropped goal attempts - then the title could have been going to the southern rather than northern hemisphere.
England were out to defend the title they won in France last year, fielding an unchanged XV from the one that overran Ireland 42-15 in the semi-finals. South Africa however, presented a fearsome challenge for the defending champions, having overcome New Zealand twice in this year's tournament to reach the final.
Burns and Pollard hit a penalty kick apiece as the match opened in cagey fashion. Both packs had obviously fired themselves up beforehand as they went flying into each other at every opportunity, with England's Ross Moriarty a particularly feisty presence throughout the 80 minutes.
Just when it looked as though supporters were in for a low-scoring forward battle, South Africa struck first thanks to some delightful invention from Pollard. Spotting an opportunity to isolate England full-back Aaron Morris, Pollard chipped a kick over for Kriel to run onto. The Springbok No. 13 was lucky with the bounce, but he collected the slippery ball with authority to round Morris and dive over.
After Pollard added the two points, defence became the watchword, with handling a mess and the breakdown throwing up all sorts of mistakes. But a monster 55m penalty from Morris was a shot in the arm for England while South Africa were lucky not to lose their captain after he took out Henry Taylor in mid-air.
As half-time loomed, England sprang a surprise after a bulldozing Nick Tompkins carry to send Earle skipping over in the corner. Burns missed the extras but England - who had been heading into the break 10-6 down - went in 11-10 to the good.
Burns and Pollard once again exchanged penalties as the second-half got under way and, with only one point between them, the pressure on both sets of young men cranked up a notch.
England took a giant leap towards securing the trophy as they barged over for their second try. Having originally awarded a line-out to South Africa just five metres from their line, referee Federico Anselmi switched the decision in England's favour. Securing possession, they set up a maul that could not be stopped and Joel Conlon barrelled over. Burns converted to put England 19-13 up.
What followed was ten minutes of edge-of-your-seat rugby as South Africa threw everything they had at England. They hit back via another Jessie Kriel try, this time the centre finishing off a Springbok breakaway move. Pollard's extras put South Africa just one point behind with 15 minutes to play.
England clung on for the closing minutes despite a South African onslaught on their line. Pollard had an opportunity to put his side back in front but his drop goal attempt fell wide. From then on, England ground down the minutes as they prayed for the hooter to sound.
The closing stages were certainly not pretty, but England will not care one little bit as they celebrate tonight. They lift the Junior World Championship trophy for the second time in two years, but they were made to fight for it by a valiant South Africa effort.

After todays 36-13 result that makes it a 3-0 series loss. Despite the results, I actually think England have closed the gap a little on NZ.

I expect that we'll get beat today, but it'll probably be a lot closer this time around. Looks like we might have seen the last of a Wales Legend in Adam Jones (dropped from the squad), imo it's a sad way for him to go if it is indeed the case.

Sampson Lee is starting today and the young lad is a monster in the scrum, needless to say that I have high hopes for him. Watch out for Rhodri Jones as well, Gatland has been grooming this lad for quite a while (in a good way). The Scarlets are looking like the new breeding ground for Wales future in the front row, they've produced 5 of the youngsters who are all in or around the national squad.

I've got a feeling that Mike Phillips time as number one choice is all but over as well, Gareth Davies is pushing for the shirt and I suspect it'll be his for good when he finally gets the nod. A half back combination of Davies and Williams (Leicester fly half) is a mouth watering prospect imo.

Will the pain ever end!

That's about the 100th time that I've thought we've beaten a south hemp side, only to have it snatched away from us at the death!

Even i don't find it that funny anymore for the Welsh, its like getting told the same joke for the 20th time.

England, oh well, its disappointing for sure but i still think the team/squad is in a good place and gradually getting stronger and at least heading in the right direction with the WC not far off.

Back
Top Bottom