• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Swansea Vs Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first game without Coutinho against a team who parked the bus and we looked short of ideas, failed to break them down and create enough clear cut chances.
Did we not say exactly those same things when coutinho was with us ? You guys have such short memories.

This game made me want Fekir more. Preferably at the expense of the increasingly exasperating Lallana.

Our first game without Coutinho against a team who parked the bus and we looked short of ideas, failed to break them down and create enough clear cut chances.
It's OK, we have VVD now, we can stick him up front. Genius. There's always a meltdown on here when Maureen does that.
We were obviously going to see a game that was crying out for Cuntino so soon after we've sold him. Hopefully, puts to bed the notion that we don't need a replacement.

@moron Nope. Coutinho would have scored the free kick that Salah missed.
Yes he probably would have but that was not the issue tonight was it ? No it was the same shit slow pedestrian attitude. How arrogant are these fuckers we have. Always happens and was half expecting this.

We lack players who can break the lines with their passing.

The only one taking a risk tonight was Matip.

All the defenders and midfielders had about 100 touches each tonight and we found the front 3 between the lines only a handful of times.

The game was crying out for a bit of risk in midfield or the back. Either AOC to dribble forward or Wiynaldum to pass forward. We didn't get enough of either.

Also, I think we'd have been better served with Moreno and TAA today. They have more quality on the ball.

It took Klopp far too long to change the shape. And when he did, he should have kept AOC on and moved him to wing back.. and taken Gini/Can off.

Disappointing display all round.. and whilst I think it's too obvious to say "we missed Coutinho" (he was there for the 0-0 against WBA), we certainly missed a player of Coutinho's ability/qualities in midfield today. I think Keita would help with immensely with penetration in these sort of games, but until then, we're going to see a few more results like this, as the entire league have just seen how to beat us (even though we should have got a draw with the chances created).

I don't wanna get all 'we won't miss him' coz we will, but he scored 5 free kicks for us, so even if he wasn't injured

I don't wanna get all 'we won't miss him' coz we will, but he scored 5 free kicks for us, so even if he wasn't injured

@Woland - you were spot on about our midfield being shit, but I have to disagree on the Coutinho front, yes we need a creative player to fill the void but playing coutinho with the front three was always a risk in every game and the stats don't lie either. I want someone to come in and provide us the creativity that we miss from Coutinho but he does not have to be a great goal-scorer - just want him to be that midfield guy that also does his defensive duties. We will see what happens but come on guys - you knew this was going to happen right ?

They both dragged us out a hole in enough of them too. The more good players you have, the more chance you have of winning regularly.

It's a simple enough notion. You sell one and you lose that bit of quality, as we've pointed out since we inexplicably sold him with no immediate plan.

Of course there was/is a plan, we wouldn’t have signed Keita, VVD and Chamberlain otherwise.

Seems this way at times
32eed6588f221a354131d7f62c225530.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom