• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Taylor vs Froch

~~~~~~~~~~~POSSIBLE SPOILERS~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great fight, very exciting towards the end. Froch has a great chin, and great heart, but cant help but think his lack of defense will soon cost him big time, now hes stepping up in class.

Was looking at The 'Ring's' top 5 rtaed Super-middle weights, which are:

5. Taylor
4. Mudine.
3. Andrade,
4. Bute.
5. Kessler

I think Froch could beat all them, with the exception of Kessler.

Great comeback and a very decent fight (not as good as his previous fight though).

If he wasn't such an OTT cocky fucker I'd like him a bit more.

Er, I think the main reason he hasn't fought Froch is that he hasn't had anything to gain from fighting him

I hardly think he was scared

You mean the money wasn't right ?

He gained fuck all by fighting Roy Jones "Jr."

Bollocks.

I think Calzaghe picked his fights well, and beat some very aged fighters past their best, but even so, an overthehill Roy Jones is still a miles better feat than Carl fucking Froch

And he's also smashed boxers like Kessler and Lacey, who were in their prime and considered far better than Froch (and more important)

I think you're trying to imply he was scared of Froch, which is shite because he's a better fighter and would have beaten him

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=33074.msg854895#msg854895 date=1240941922]
Bollocks.

I think Calzaghe picked his fights well, and beat some very aged fighters past their best, but even so, an overthehill Roy Jones is still a miles better feat than Carl fucking Froch

And he's also smashed boxers like Kessler and Lacey, who were in their prime and considered far better than Froch (and more important)

I think you're trying to imply he was scared of Froch, which is shite because he's a better fighter and would have beaten him
[/quote]

those to stand out like a sore thumb in terms of class - calzaghe has not shirked the best and beat them - Froch is in a lower league and to compare them is bollocks - froch for 11/12 of his fight against taylor looked like a little boy lost.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=33074.msg855151#msg855151 date=1240952678]
Calazaghe hasn't really beaten anyone during his entire career
[/quote]

Neither has Froch.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=33074.msg855174#msg855174 date=1240953190]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=33074.msg855151#msg855151 date=1240952678]
Calazaghe hasn't really beaten anyone during his entire career
[/quote]

Neither has Froch.
[/quote]

But at least Froch wants to beat somebody. That somebody won't face up to him.

I'm fairly new to watching the whole boxing thing/ taking a remote interest and can safely say thats the most intense fight I've ever seen given the Balboa esque ending.

Just watched this fight. What a comeback. How the hell he managed to pull that out the bag is ridiculous. Feel a bit sorry for Taylor as he was the better boxer. Froch's bird was pretty fit btw.

Back
Top Bottom