• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Team A or Team B - Which team wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

binomial

In Klopp I'm a believer.
Bit of fun while we wait for the West Ham game to come around.

Team A:

------------------------------------Reina------------------------------------

Finnan------------Hyypia-------------------Virgil-------------------Robbo

----------------Murphy---------Gerrard--------Alonso---------------

Salah--------------------------Sturridge-------------------------Coutinho

Or Team B:

----------------------------------Alisson----------------------------------------

Trent------------Matip--------------------Agger-------------------Riise

-----------------Hamann------Fabinho------Wijnaldum----------------

Mane---------------------------Torres----------------------------Suarez

Team A:

Or Team B:

----------------------------------Alisson----------------------------------------

I'd have to say team A. The defence is a lot more stable, albeit less showy. The midfield has silk in spades, the only issue is potentially defensive stability. Gerrard and alonso as DM curtails some of their great play. Murphy sticks out like a sore thumb

Although trent setting off that front 3 stirs my soul. Team B is a whirling dervish of energy.

to paraphrase the great Jim Ross, it'd be a real slobberknocker

Team A:

Or Team B:

WTF is Danny Murphy doing in Team A.

Also Team B wins

Beggars belief how a lot didn’t like him as a player, I’d rather a Murphy in my team over Wijnaldum anyday of the week.
I liked murphy, but he's a solid B player. The other midfielders I'd say were A or S tier.

I think if murphy is binned off for a Mascher, or...hell maybe even a prime sissoko, Team A is vastly improved

It is funny that the next best option to trent at RB was finnan like. Fine player, but christ doesn't that show how we've struggled there

Also, coutinho out for sterling and ooooooooo

If coutinho isn't in the midfield 3 it's not worth worrying about

"oh, going to cut inside and twat one from 30 yards with a 1 out of 10 success rate? ok mate, crack on"

You forget a lot of the players, just wanted to balance it evenly as possible with 1 team having a superior defence, the other having a superior attack and the midfield even or as closely even as possible.

It is funny that the next best option to trent at RB was finnan like. Fine player, but christ doesn't that show how we've struggled there
Thought of Arbeloa but I didn’t rate him as highly as others did, Hendo in for Murphy then.

Thought of Arbeloa but I didn’t rate him as highly as others did, Hendo in for Murphy then.

Ok, now we're getting interesting. Prime Hendo next to Stevie and Xabi? Fucking stop it. Thats a tremendous midfield that creates and destroys with impunity. Salah and Sturridge would be living the dream

Arbeloa is a great shout who i completely forgot about. I liked him as well

The real issue is Coutinho is fucking not tracking back to help Robbo with mane and Trent.

Equally, Salah is absolutely rinsing riise and Agger for fun.

If Arbeloa comes in (who stopped prime messi i recall), perhaps suarez can be a little bit curtailed...but i doubt it

The real issue is Coutinho is fucking not tracking back to help Robbo with mane and Trent.

Equally, Salah is absolutely rinsing riise and Agger for fun.

If Arbeloa comes in (who stopped prime messi i recall), perhaps suarez can be a little bit curtailed...but i doubt it

So no way Mane Torres and Suarez all in their prime get past that back 4? Makes the mind wonder doesn’t it and is it only Coutinho who doesn’t help out defensively? What protection are you giving Trent with Salah?

Team B takes the lead, but then Matip breathes on Agger who is unable to continue and with no subs Team B is down to 10 men. Sorry, did I say 10 men? I meant 9, after Suarez gets a bit nibbly with big Joel over his vicious assault on Agger, with Joel being stretchered off, never to be seen again.
Team A makes their 2 man advantage pay and wins the game at a canter, even after Sturridge hobbles off with what their manager describes as "just pain".
Barca then refuse to pay the €15m they still owe us for Coutinho as they consider he is now a Liverpool player again.

So no way Mane Torres and Suarez all in their prime get past that back 4? Makes the mind wonder doesn’t it and is it only Coutinho who doesn’t help out defensively? What protection are you giving Trent with Salah?

Oh they will get past them, i just think the other team will break past them more

Trents on the opposite side isn't he? Trent at RB against coutinho whereas Salah (RW) will eviscerate riise (LB)

This game is absolutely a 5-3 to team A.

Team B's defence would just get ripped apart, even with hamann and fabs in front of them. Gerrard and Hendo will have both of them pocketed, while sturridge does his dance twice, Salah gets a hatty, and coutinho does some step overs that ultimately lead to nothing

coutinho does some step overs that ultimately lead to nothing
That's beyond incredibly harsh....that's just a bitter comment to make which DOESNT BELONG ON SCM.

He wasn't even that much of a stepover merch, he was more of a flick outside the boot around the corner, jinxy in out, feint one way drop the shoulder off the next whip it top bins from 25 yards out kinda guy.

He basically mastered the free kick being taken under the wall, was it Brighton 5-1 away?

Probably the only creative midfield genius we've had the last 20 years, other than Murphy of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom