• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tennis

The Verdasco-Tipsaervic match yesterday was a belter.

The Fed just about scraped through last night too.

I want Rafa to win the damn thing to make it 4 in 4. He deserves it imo. His dominance across all courts at a time when an all time great has been at the peak of his powers is quite scary, and he frankly deserves this one over Federer. But i'm guessing the Fed would do everything in his power to stop that from happening.

I'm thinking Djokovich or Murray could be a surprise finalist as well.

I am only following Wozniacki because she is fit and a red

101107-010-caroline_wozniacki_liverpool.jpg

Murray cruised through the QF's.

Very impressive performance. He's got as good a chance of winning this as anyone if he keeps up the performance levels.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=43720.msg1260715#msg1260715 date=1295872656]
Murray cruised through the QF's.

Very impressive performance. He's got as good a chance of winning this as anyone if he keeps up the performance levels.
[/quote]

He usually plays well till the quarters or semis.

Wozniacki told everyone that she got injured by a kangaroo when she actually fell while running on a treadmill.

Haha.

Oh wow. Nadal out in straight sets to Ferrer.

Federer has to be the favourite now?

Djokovic will be tough.
Its still open between Murray and Ferrer

It was good to see a 100% swiss match. No chance for our local lad but Federer was almost unplayable (sp)...

Federer for 17th?

I'm going to put money* on the Djoker winning his second Australian Open title.

*if only i had any previous experience in betting, i would really do it.

Awful backhand from Fed today...

First final without Federer or Nadal in 3 years, already Australian open when Djoko won in 2008.

I hope Murray can win his 1st

[quote author=kingjulian link=topic=43720.msg1263185#msg1263185 date=1296047306]
I'm going to put money* on the Djoker winning his second Australian Open title.

*if only i had any previous experience in betting, i would really do it.
[/quote]

I should have bloody got on this bet...

Best chance ever to win a Grand Slam, though Ferrer is no mug and Djokovic is playing the best tennis of his career. I think Murray will get to the final but Djokovic will be too good.

Murrays playing some amazing tennis, but he's just lost his focus , he seems to be injured, albeit not very badly, back pain.

Murray played through that, must have been a twinge Ferrerer still pushing but looking increasingly desperate.

Win for Murray.

Helluva final awaits.

Classic exhibition of ownage so far in the finals.

Murray needs to up his game about 100% to get back in this, or the Djoker has to get injured/lose focus etc...

hahaha, stock reaction everytime he loses.

I won myself a fair few quid on straight 3 sets. He's been on fire & couldnt see Murray doing it, I thought at least two would go to tie breaks but Murray was off form & he was on it. Ah well.

Murray was outplayed well and truly, Djokovic was just too good simple as. Murray is struggling to reach that mythical 'next level' where Federer and Nadal are and after Sunday it looks like Djokovic is now there as well.[size=1pt]goalwire[/size]

Murray never shows up in the Slam rounds.

Federred, Nadal etc change a gear up, when the cross the reach Semi-final stage in a grand slam. But Murray panics. He is more than capable of beating these guys on talent alone. But it appears he is a big chocker....

He has in fact defeated Djokovic, Federer, Nadal etc in the ATP tournaments every now and then. He needs to find a way to overcome himself in the Grand Slams....

Back
Top Bottom