• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thank you Stevie G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shout and surprising it took this long for the thread to appear.

We've taken him for granted for years eh?

Good shout and surprising it took this long for the thread to appear.

We've taken him for granted for years eh?
yeah we have taken him for granted. My fav memory is probably his goal against galatasaray in the champs league. but there are so many to choose from, especially the famous long-range effort against Barthez.

485021_10152219133200375_1993417580_n.jpg

He was hitting on a mate last night in Mojo. The dirty bastard.

Good player though.

God I miss the old Stevie. Hopefully we'll have a few more reminders of what a great player he is.

Much like Dalglish, a Youtube video, however nice it is to watch, will never come close to summing him up as a player.

It's been a pleasure to watch a scally lad from Huyton develop into arguably the best player in the world.

Is this going to turn into another "Gerrard is a cunt" threads ?

Fucking legend.

End.

When you think how good he used to be and how little he has offered this season it makes you sad :(

5 years ago we'd be saying only for Gerrard we'd be f*cked now its Suarez.

x3

Favourite has to be his simply stunning 2006 FA cup final performance. 'The Gerrard Final' - I have that on DVD somewhere - I shall dig it up and re-watch in his honour.

His goals were astonishing that day, but in terms of overall performance I thought he was far better the previous year in Istanbul. Momo was our real hero in 2006, playing W.Ham more or less on his own for long periods while everybody around him - Stevie included - was struggling for form and fitness.

What a magnificent servant. In his day (2005-2007)

I just wanted to add that he was outright amazing in the 2003-04 season. There is zero chance we would have got into the Champions league, never mind win it in 2005 without Gerrards efforts in the preceding season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom