• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Andy Robertson appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight, it's also likely that Klopp wanted Robertson to be fully integrated with how the team plays and that coincided with Moreno having a resurgence so Robertson just had to wait a bit longer. Pretty much similar to how Ox was slowly eased into the team.

I thought he had family problems with a young baby or something like that

I wouldn't say 'problems' as such. He got permission to miss the Arsenal game back in August because his partner gave birth to their first baby, and they've had the usual experiences since then in terms of lack of sleep etc.

I Can’t fault his aggression, passion and his defensive work, he does need to work on his final ball.

An upgrade on Moreno.

When Klopp first brought him in he said there would need to be a period where, aside from learning the overall pattern of play, he mainly worked to improve on defensive one-on-ones. And I think that aspect of his game has certainly improved. He can get much better in every aspect, but it's refreshing to see a player who learns pretty quickly. Moreno has taken YEARS to even start to stabilise his style of play.

Wouldn't go that far, Moreno is quicker and more athletic, I'd argue that he's better going forward as well. However, Robertson is more intelligent, a defence first type defender.
Most importantly Robertson gives us stability by not being so prone to errors.

Robertson's crossing is comfortably better, and he is much better defender than Moreno. This current spell should cement him as our first choice left back.

Robertson is a much better player.

Robertson's crossing is comfortably better, and he is much better defender than Moreno. This current spell should cement him as our first choice left back.

Robertson is a much better player.
Moreno's crossing is the epitome of "twat it in to the box and see if someone gets on it"

Robertson loves to cross to the right areas and you can see roughly who he's aiming for. Moreno you can't unless it was the first man

Phew.
Always a bit terrifying when an old thread pops up.
Did alright there.

I was reassuringly myself when responding to posts wanging on about his "football journey" and purported "underdog status":

I don't give a fuck about his "journey" or where he used to play, or anything.

If he plays well and makes the LB position his own, I'll be delighted for him, and more importantly, for us.

I don't really get the point about Moreno being better going forward. Both support the attack well, Moreno is a bit more direct but his end product is pretty average. Robertson puts in a decent ball, and is overall the much more balanced player in terms of being solid in defense and willing to overlap and support in attack.

At this stage we don't really need another player who can attack, we need someone who can defend more than anything.

One thing worth mentioning aswell, is that he seems to have that "homegrown" understanding of certain games. See his thunderous tackles early doors against Everton, or giving Sterling a few kicks and shoves on the sly. He knows what the crowd respond to and it works, because it then puts his opponent under pressure from the crowd.

One thing worth mentioning aswell, is that he seems to have that "homegrown" understanding of certain games. See his thunderous tackles early doors against Everton, or giving Sterling a few kicks and shoves on the sly. He knows what the crowd respond to and it works, because it then puts his opponent under pressure from the crowd.

That's a very good point. And it must help him that so many great Scottish LFC players from the past, including Hansen and Dalglish, are all making a point of encouraging him all the time. He's embedding himself in the culture of the club really quickly.

great performance yesterday.

He only cost 8 million ... It just shows we can find really good performers for fair prices -

We've actually really benefited, perversely, from injuries to our right and left backs this season. Imagine if Clyne hadn't been injured and out for so long - I doubt if TAA and Gomez would have got anywhere near as much game time, and their progress would have been so much slower. We've pretty much jumped a season ahead with both of them thanks to the experience they've had. And then there's Moreno - I think the shock of his improvement threatened to sideline Robertson for much of the season, but thanks to his injury Robertson's finally had a the run of games to prove to Klopp he's up to the standard required.

I think it's fair to say that the only things missing from Robertson is crazy fashion sense and the ability to speak Portuguese. If he can nail those 2 things, he'd be the complete fit to replace Moreno as Bobby's best mate too.

He seems to epitomise both the high standards of the Scottish education system and the low standards of Scottish nutrition. He's bright and articulate, but with his little pale pink legs he also looks as if he lived on crisps and Irn Bru for all of his childhood.

He seems to epitomise both the high standards of the Scottish education system and the low standards of Scottish nutrition. He's bright and articulate, but with his little pale pink legs he also looks as if he lived on crisps and Irn Bru for all of his childhood.

Hmm, he does strike me as more from the Milner school of fashion, than Pogba or Coutinho

I rated him from the start. Some were on his case at the beginning, but as far as I could see that was based largely on some derogatory comments from Hull fans. Both those Hull fans and those here and elsewhere who accepted their views as gospel should now be feeling like a right load of Charlies.

Congratulations to Andy Robertson this week as his wages rise frim £50,000 to £50,001

I rated him from the start. Some were on his case at the beginning, but as far as I could see that was based largely on some derogatory comments from Hull fans. Both those Hull fans and those here and elsewhere who accepted their views as gospel should now be feeling like a right load of Charlies.

Those Hull fans must be fucking fuming.

8m for that player. They would have been watching that & thinking that in today's market you'd be looking at 25m+ as a minimum, & they'd not be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom