• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

the case for Rodgers without Gerrard

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerOnions

Let's Push Things Forward
Administrator
Yeah yeah yeah I know this might sound ridiculous

But Rodgers has continually had no fucking clue as to where to play Gerrard, making all sorts of changes to carry Gerrard in certain games, like making him a DM, wherever the fuck he has been the last few games and all that sort of thing

Will it make a difference now Gerrard is done that Rodgers might have a clue as to how to field a football team without cramming him in to a hole that just didn't fit?

Maybe it's just me. Anyway, I'll be pissed off if he isn't bombed out pronto cos we just lost 6-1 to Stoke but if he isn't I'm dead convinced he won't look anywhere near as useless when he doesn't have a really difficult conundrum to deal with

This is kind of where I was prior to the Cup semi-final. Gerrard has been the elephant in Rodgers' room all season. I wanted to see how Rodgers could get the team to respond after losing out on our last chance of success this season. If he could get them to play with a sense of pride and show some semblance of being up for playing for him in the first post-Gerrard Liverpool team then yes, I would have given him another season. But he and they haven't. He's only part-responsible for that but the part is sufficient to cost him his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom