• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The clear out....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how much we will get from our Champions League run...I read somewhere that it would've been worth about 93 million GBP had we won it.
I think it might be a bit more. City got £105m for their runners-up slot last year.
The total revenue forecast is up about 4% against the prior season so that would push it up a bit.
But we entered as 3rd placed team in England, so that pushes it down again.
Then we won all our group games, so we'd get a higher bonus payment from the group stage.
All told, I'd expect it to be around £100m, give or take.

Last edited:
OK, nerd that I am, I've had a go at calculating this. All figures in Euros.
We get a starting fee of 15.6m
6 x group wins worth a total of 16.8m + an additional 2.3m share of residual prize money
Last 16 = 9.6m
Quarter final = 10.6m
Semi = 12.5m
Final = 15.5m
UEFA coefficient share is 27.3m
Market pool share - 1st half = 6.8m
Market pool share - 2nd half = 10.2m
(Assuming market pool is the same as in 2020-21).
Total €127.2m, or approx £108m.

Last edited:
Aren't we owed the Harry Wilson money this summer too as we deferred it a year to help Fulham with FFP. So that's £12-15m incoming?

Aren't we owed the Harry Wilson money this summer too as we deferred it a year to help Fulham with FFP. So that's £12-15m incoming?
I'd assumed Wilson would be 3 instalments (as would be normal) and that we'd had one instalment this year so year on year it wouldn't make any difference. Pretty sure we won't be getting the whole fee in one go next year so there might be a bit more in the pot, but it won't move the needle that much.

So… we’ll likely sign maybe 2 players in an around the £30-40m mark, is what I’m hearing - one a midfielder and one a forward.

Can’t see Nunez, Bowen, Tchouameni being realistic targets.

I reckon there’s a chance we don’t sign anyone.l of note.

Hey…. Do we still own Ben Davies????
He's only been here 2 seasons. I assume his contract was for longer than that. And he's probably heavily overpaid given how desperate we were, and how why managed to swoop in and stop him going to Celtic(?).
So… we’ll likely sign maybe 2 players in an around the £30-40m mark, is what I’m hearing - one a midfielder and one a forward.

Can’t see Nunez, Bowen, Tchouameni being realistic targets.

I reckon there’s a chance we don’t sign anyone.l of note.
Have you joined a yoga class?

He's only been here 2 seasons. I assume his contract was for longer than that. And he's probably heavily overpaid given how desperate we were, and how why managed to swoop in and stop him going to Celtic(?).

Have you joined a yoga class?

The chances of me joining a yoga class are lower than us making Kieta captain for next season.

Anyone know if Klopp has gone on holiday? I assume its upto Julian Ward and Mike Gordon will be handling contracts. I guess Klopp states who he really wants stay at the club

Anyone know if Klopp has gone on holiday? I assume its upto Julian Ward and Mike Gordon will be handling contracts. I guess Klopp states who he really wants stay at the club

Klopp isn't Michael Owen's agent - On holiday and unreachable during contract negotiation times. Fairly confident, wherever he is, he will be kept appraised and will be a willing participant.

The chances of me joining a yoga class are lower than us making Kieta captain for next season.
So that's a yes on both counts then.

Dreamy sent me this of Stevie at a secret retreat.
fat-man-does-the-splits-picture-id474966698

The club would’ve identified targets months ago. The transfer department would’ve had their objectives set by Klopp so Klopp isn’t needed. He can go on holiday and only ring in case of emergency. Leave the suits to deal with all that.

We don't need a clear out or anything like that. We have one of the best teams and squads, if not the best, certainly when you take into account our spending compared to others. We're certainly look tired, but we have continued to get results at an astonishing rate this year, even if we haven't looked as sharp.

We need to continue to make one or two smart buys per year, regardless of how much they are currently needed, to supplement our squad. There is no panic or drastic measures needed.

If you look at the dead wood a few years back, it was half the squad. Now its Ox, Davies, Mini.

A really classy MF and another forward is good enough for me. That young RB Ramsey would be a bonus.

Its going to be a long few weeks to get it done before preseason.

The only clear out I want is keita. Sell him, release him, burn him in a fire, don't care; long as he doesn't play for us again

If you look at the dead wood a few years back, it was half the squad. Now its Ox, Davies, Mini.

A really classy MF and another forward is good enough for me. That young RB Ramsey would be a bonus.

Its going to be a long few weeks to get it done before preseason.

Now it's Ox, Davies, Mini, Keita, Nat, Adrian, Karius

Why would we get rid of Minamino? He showed last season that he can successfully be part of our forward line in the cups - something we need to continue to have the ability to rotate the squad in. I'd keep him, presumably he's on a modest wage too given he came from the Austrian league?

I'm all for keeping Taki around the squad and with the 5 subs he should get plenty of minutes. The issue might be that he wants to go and play in a starting eleven.

If we're losing Divvy & Sadio, I would want to keep Taki otherwise we will be at risk of needing to play a full quota of rookies in any early cup rounds.

I'm all for keeping Taki around the squad and with the 5 subs he should get plenty of minutes. The issue might be that he wants to go and play in a starting eleven.

I said this a while back - it’s up to the players - do They want to play in a trmeam challenging for every honour but not play much… or play regularly in a team with very little chance of winning any of the top honours?

Some will be, sone probably won’t.

I do think Klopp could give a few of them a little bit more game time though…

Yeah, I was okay with Taki leaving before the Sadio news. Now that both Divock and most likely Sadio are leaving, I think we need to keep him. Not easy getting integrated quickly in a Klopp team, and Taki might find himself playing more next season.

Why is everyone fine with taki leaving? Cunt scores goals, and in 3very likelihood could be as clutch as divock

I think he has played a total of 90 minutes in the PL in this entire season. 15 times he was on the bench and didn't come on, and 12 times he wasn't even in the squad.

He scored some goals in the cups (against mainly poor teams), but was dropped from both finals (and the FA cup semi.)

Klopp clearly doesn't rate him very highly, and I'd much rather I'd rather Carvalho, Elliott, Jones and Gordon got his game time.

All his stats here, and I've added them up quickly so I might be wrong.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/takumi-minamino/leistungsdaten/spieler/165793

Mini is really lightweight. Great finisher and scored loads against lower league sides but not much impact in the PL. Did nothing on loan at So'ton.

With all the unexpected churn this summer maybe it makes sense to keep him but £17m is good money. Add that to £40m for Mane and we're not far off the £68m quoted for Darwin in todays papers. £100m yesterday, £68m today, £40m tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom