• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Cow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why we might buy someone who has looked relatively handy there at the tail end of last season?

As i said earlier it is possible however my argument to contrary would be based on
  • WB is not his preferred role. He wants to play CM in the future, hence my hunch that we are targeting him as an alternative to Keita.
  • we already have Clyne & AAA for the right hand side of defense. Clyne is not suited to a WB role on either side
  • questions regarding Milner's suitability to play LWB role assuming he will be first choice for the left hand side of defense. Our targets for LB seem to be kids (LBs from Fulham, Hull & Celtic. Mendy from Monaco being the exception) who will be understudy to Milner.
I think with the composition of our team as it is now, playing 3-4-3 consistently in the coming season would be unlikely. However this could change if we make a couple of signings in addition to Ox which point towards that direction or Klopp has some trick up his sleeve for certain personnel like Milner at LB

As i said earlier it is possible however my argument to contrary would be based on
  • WB is not his preferred role. He wants to play CM in the future, hence my hunch that we are targeting him as an alternative to Keita.
  • we already have Clyne & AAA for the right hand side of defense. Clyne is not suited to a WB role on either side
  • questions regarding Milner's suitability to play LWB role assuming he will be first choice for the left hand side of defense. Our targets for LB seem to be kids (LBs from Fulham, Hull & Celtic. Mendy from Monaco being the exception) who will be understudy to Milner.
I think with the composition of our team as it is now, playing 3-4-3 consistently in the coming season would be unlikely. However this could change if we make a couple of signings in addition to Ox which point towards that direction or Klopp has some trick up his sleeve for certain personnel like Milner at LB

Regardless of his desire to play in CM he has shown no talent for it and even Wenger knew better than to play him there more than a couple of times (when he failed to cover himself in glory). If we are buying a guy who fancies a crack at CM despite showing no aptitude for the position instead of a player who is emerging as one of the best CMs out there, then we're fucking stupid. I don't think we're that stupid, and so my only alternative is that he will primarily play as a WB, with a utility odd job potential to cover RW, LWB and perhaps when we are really stuck, CM. I'm not saying we'll always play 3-4-3, but I think it will emerge as a much more prominent system.

Regardless of his desire to play in CM he has shown no talent for it and even Wenger knew better than to play him there more than a couple of times (when he failed to cover himself in glory). If we are buying a guy who fancies a crack at CM despite showing no aptitude for the position instead of a player who is emerging as one of the best CMs out there, then we're fucking stupid. I don't think we're that stupid, and so my only alternative is that he will primarily play as a WB, with a utility odd job potential to cover RW, LWB and perhaps when we are really stuck, CM. I'm not saying we'll always play 3-4-3, but I think it will emerge as a much more prominent system.

Arsenal fan tv would beg to differ. I never bothered to watch their games, but going by the reactions of DT and Troopz they wanted to tear Wenger's body apart for not picking him more often there, ahead of Ozil and Ramsey.

I don't know what the fuss is about. I have no issue whatsoever about signing Ox, especially now that we've already signed Salah. It means that our bench is sorted. We all know what he offers and it's not exactly a stretch to say that he's a lot better than our other options on the wing, I'm talking about Ojo, Wilson etc.
The only problem I have is with our priorities, we clearly need either a CM or a DM. Hope there's enough money.

Hopefully his stupid bint of a Mrs will play the I want to stay in London card

I mean , i want to say call it off because Aidy Ward is a cunt but there are far more pressing reasons as to why i dont particularly want to splurge £30M on the Ox, the agent is quite far down the list

That and hes no worse than any other agent, is he ?

Think he's just using other teams' interest as a bargaining chip. New deal with the Arse will be signed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom