• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Firmino Holgate incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where will he be staying in Nigeria? Lagos? Abuja? I'll see if I can help with suggestions but to be honest, I'm more British than Nigeria and usually have my Dad (and Cousins who live there) take care of me whenever I go, each year. In terms of where to go and what to eat, etc..

Lagos - meetings with Glo etc

I heard on Saturday that he had to be charged by today, but that must have been BS.

Thing is, all the papers have had lip readers on it from every televised angle and no one saw anything bad, so they should just fucking ban the cunt for pushing Frim over.

The question is, Have any of the papers had some gymnasts or acrobats live acting the push from Holgate to see if that was intentional. They could replicate how Firmino fell into the crowd.

But no, they fucking havent. Biased S*n reading cunts.

For some reason I always pictured you as a white 6ft tall freckled Irish guy with black hair.
Hehe. Nope. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I'm a black, 6'3 tall, athletic guy with a haircut like Balotelli.

Such a shame he didn't work out. It would have been so cool!

Oh great - I see we're onto arguing over the Suarez/"Negro" thing again.

Can't go back over that one enough times.

It's amazing the amount of Evertonians who came crawling out straight away, claiming Firmino said Negrito.

Like the word itself is some epidemic at the club.

Oh great - I see we're onto arguing over the Suarez/"Negro" thing again.

Can't go back over that one enough times.
And the Coutinho/replacements threads keep straying dangerously into the 'net spread' territory too.

It's already depressing after Christmas but this is like fucking torture.

We're unbeaten in 17 games & yet half of our fans seem to think the sky is falling.

And the Coutinho/replacements threads keep straying dangerously into the 'net spread' territory too.

It's already depressing after Christmas but this is like fucking torture.

We're unbeaten in 17 games & yet half of our fans seem to think the sky is falling.

Best XI thread for the hat trick

Holgate's tweets are being considered for a misconduct charge now

Whilst I'm no fan of Holgate, I really don't think his tweets constituted homophobic abuse. Silly banter that should not have been aired in a public forum yes, but there was nothing particularly nasty or unsavoury in the tweets I saw.

Outrage and offense taking is all the rage now Doc.

Doesn't need any explanation, just say you're offended and it is so.

The alleged perpetrator is guilty until proven innocent.

It's amazing the amount of Evertonians who came crawling out straight away, claiming Firmino said Negrito.

Like the word itself is some epidemic at the club.

A word which translates to bold in Portugese none the less.

Holgate's tweets are being considered for a misconduct charge now
Just like the Andre Gray charge, that's absolutely pathetic. How they can justify charging him for those tweets without even mentioning the pushes beyond me.

Whilst I'm no fan of Holgate, I really don't think his tweets constituted homophobic abuse. Silly banter that should not have been aired in a public forum yes, but there was nothing particularly nasty or unsavoury in the tweets I saw.

Who cares? The more important point is that there is now no way in this universe they're going to let Firmino off, after having charging Holgate. Like their dickheaded referees do in games, they will use this to try to "even it up" to avoid criticism.

It's patently ridiculous but good opportunism by the FA, and no doubt brought to their attention by our fans.

The only charge that should be brought is a violent conduct one against Holgate.
Couldn't agree more, this charge is purely for the headline.

So do our supporters who grassed him up

You're wrong. Had they grassed him up for this out of the blue, then ok that's very different. However, they clearly did this as an act of revenge and that makes it brilliant. The fact it worked and the FA are actually playing ball is even better, the charge is a thing of beauty worthy of myself I dare say.

It's strange that there has been no update, unless it's a clear intention to make us sweat and to fuck up planning for the next few games.

Either way, it's worrying. If the evidence were so clear cut in our favour, it should probably have been done and dusted by now. I'm guessing that the fact there should be some retrospective action against Holgate for violent conduct, means there will be at least some minor action against Firmino for his reaction. Which is fucking stupid.

That is of course assuming that he didn't say anything racist.

It's just the FA desperately trying to find something to charge him with..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom