• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Hodgson Out Thread

haha, yeah, I had to survey all our fans within approx 3 minutes so the results may not be entirely accurate!

Hodgson is obviously a man-manager who will communicate with the players.

Yes, he is obviously a steady-eddy but with all the turmoil with the owners, we need some stability.

Admittedly, its difficult to get excited but he has done a very good job at Fulham, and got those players playing some good stuff. If he can translate that to the players we currently have (assuming they stay) then it does bode well.

You have to give him a chance - his recent achievements merit that at least.

I also recall hearing one radio broadcaster (cant remember name) who said he had driven back from a match with Roy and all they did was talk about football and tactics. He was amazed how knowledgeable Roy was and his ability to explain things in simple terms.

I think that after Rafa, it will be a breath of fresh air to get back to basics, rather than players out of position, inflexible tactics and scheduled substitutions.

[quote author=LarryHagman link=topic=40731.msg1126302#msg1126302 date=1277479673]

localny = fuckin nobhead

[/quote]

You know the rules, no insults to posters.

I haven't read this thread, but I can say one thing for certain.

It should, of course, have been entitled.

"Thanks for nothing Roy, now FUCK OFF!"

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=40731.msg1126294#msg1126294 date=1277477768]
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=40731.msg1126290#msg1126290 date=1277476652]
Well, as someone on the other side of the argument I'm a fair bit less impressed than you by that, in a 6CM context anyway.

Who on here has been vitriolic towards Hodgson? That accusation's been floated but it has little basis in reality. What we've *dared* to do - BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT HAS BEEN FINALISED - is voice our doubts about it. There's been at least as much vitriol aimed at us, from the holier-than-thou posturing of "people who I respect immensely on this forum" but who unfortunately have rushed in to polarise this debate misleadingly and unnecessarily.

It isn't true that "most of the top big-name managers...are employed based on their accomplishments achieved at a different echelon in the game". Some are, but some aren't, and Liverpool managers certainly haven't been over the years. But that's a side issue anyway. In a situation like ours, where the club's ownership is going to change within the foreseeable future, an interim appointment makes by far the best sense, and we have a ready-made candidate for it - one whom the club itself chose as its main adviser on the appointment in the first place.
[/quote]

The fact the ownership is going to change is neither here nor there.

New owners will judge Hodgson by their own standards and will remove him if he doesn't meet them. I doubt he'll be given a huge contract and whoever the new owners are, they will be able to afford to remove him if they so choose.

Dalglish isn't going to be put in charge and hasn't been in the running for a good while now.
[/quote]

The ownership situation is far from being "neither here nor there". It casts its shadow over everything else happening (or failing to happen) at the club just now, and you can bet Hodgson himself won't dismiss it that lightly.

It's self-evident that the new owners will be able to dismiss him if they choose. In fact, on past experience with football club takeovers that's quite likely to happen, so it would be better to be prepared for a highly likely managerial change by way of an interim appointment.

You may be right about Dalglish. That doesn't mean it's the right decision on the club's part., nor does it mean we shouldn't discuss the issue on a forum.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=40731.msg1126300#msg1126300 date=1277479334]
haha, yeah, I had to survey all our fans within approx 3 minutes so the results may not be entirely accurate!
[/quote]Bet you counted them up about 10 times to make sure you hadn't got up to 95%

If the club could secure Hodgson under the existing owners, it would be a major coup. I would be very pleased.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=40731.msg1126325#msg1126325 date=1277483337]
Anyone started thinking about a song for Roy yet?
[/quote]

Yeah. To the tune of Skippy the Bush Kangaroo

They called him Hodgson, Hodgson,
First name is Woy-yyy
He ain't no boyyyyyyyyy
He's older than God

He's not exc-iting
the fish are not bit-ing
Onto my rod

In fairness I think I lose it in the second stanza.

[quote author=Portly link=topic=40731.msg1126335#msg1126335 date=1277484444]
If the club could secure Hodgson under the existing owners, it would be a major coup. I would be very pleased.
[/quote]

Yeah it'd be a real coup, won't those nasty Mancs, Chavs and Gooners be envious.

Ha ha we've really hit the jackpotwith this move, no-one will have seen this masterstroke coming.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=40731.msg1126343#msg1126343 date=1277484865]
[/quote]

First name is Woy-yyy
He ain't no boyyyyyyyyy
He's older than God

He's not exc-iting
the fish are not bit-ing
Onto my rod

[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha

It's a bit frivolous though given the seriousness with which we must all take this impending appointment, no?

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=40731.msg1126343#msg1126343 date=1277484865]
[/quote]

First name is Woy-yyy
He ain't no boyyyyyyyyy
He's older than God

He's not exc-iting
the fish are not bit-ing
Onto my rod

[/quote]

*Pats Doc Mac on the head*

It's the effort that counts mate.

[/quote]

When we find ourselves in times of trouble, uncle Roy comes to us,
speaking several languages, Roy Hodgson
And in our hour of darkness he is standing right in front of us,

Roy Hodgson, Roy Hodgson, Roy Hodgson, Roy Hodgson

And when the bankrupt yankee people owning our club agree,
to reduce their valuation, we'll be happy

[quote author=jexykrodic link=topic=40731.msg1126348#msg1126348 date=1277485087]
[/quote]

First name is Woy-yyy
He ain't no boyyyyyyyyy
He's older than God

He's not exc-iting
the fish are not bit-ing
Onto my rod

[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha

It's a bit frivolous though given the seriousness with which we must all take this impending appointment, no?
[/quote]

Well if you change the tune to Waving Flags - K'naan, it will sound like an anthem! That should do the trick....

The only thing more dismal and disturbing than the clubs current predicament is this thread. Monumental fail.

haha, typical scm. we don't even have the man yet and we have started to 'out' him?

It would be interesting to know who the other two candidates are, referred to in yesterday's BBC news story. I have a feeling that if we did, you chaps who are currently mocking Hodgson might become desperate for the club to persuade him to sign for Liverpool. Some of you need to get real.

I call this one 'Hands'

Some safe hands to hold the club we care for
Some safe hands so that we might cheer
And when, you feel your club is dying
Some safe hands to brush away the tears

Yes, it is meant to be a bit downbeat, but I think it might have legs among our manic depressive fanbase.

[quote author=Portly link=topic=40731.msg1126564#msg1126564 date=1277536977]
It would be interesting to know who the other two candidates are, referred to in yesterday's BBC news story. I have a feeling that if we did, you chaps who are currently mocking Hodgson might become desperate for the club to persuade him to sign for Liverpool. Some of you need to get real.
[/quote]

After months and years of endless disparaging remarks, banter if you will; about the previous Manager and some past and current players, the nicknaming, even the questioning of motives, character, abilities etc etc it's perhaps a little late to have a sense of humour failure now. The genie's out of the bottle and I don't see that changing anytime soon. One man's banter is another man's irritation. I don't think it matters who gets the job there will be stuff that we'll all dislike/find funny/ignore from time to time.

Hodgson is a worthy candidate but I'm not sure that some 'might become desparate' for him to sign is likely. SCM even had it's own poll for that.

Hey ho, we live in interesting times.

If there's something strange
in your neighborhood
Who ya gonna call?
ROY - HODGSON!!!

If there's something weird
and it don't look good
Who ya gonna call?
ROY - HODGSON!!!

Yeah Yeah Yeah
ROY - HODGSON!!!

godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm.jpg

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=40731.msg1126582#msg1126582 date=1277542567]
godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm.jpg

[/quote]

hahahahaha.

*saves*

Get the fuck out of it then. It has been converted into an amusing song for Woy thread so do one, or do one.

To the Robin Hood theme tune*:

Uncle Woy Uncle Woy
He's a lovely chap
Uncle Woy Uncle Woy
Never in a flap
Uncle Woy, Oh Uncle Woy, Oh Uncle Woy

Uncle Woy Uncle Woy
Always looks his best
Uncle Woy Uncle Woy
Knots his ties with zest
Uncle Woy, Oh Uncle Woy, Oh Uncle Woy

Uncle Woy Uncle Woy