• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The 'Keep SCM Alive' Thread 2016

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Its that time again folks where we are asking for donations to help keep this site alive. This is a preferred method so as to keep this site Ad free. So we figured as this is a community based site, lets ask the community that helps to create the site to what it is today, to help keep this site alive..

The last stint of Generous Donations towards the end of 2013 has kept this site going for nearly 3 years. However by the end of year this would be close to running out. We have just under 6 months left of hosting, whilst our licences run out for the forum software by the end of next month..

The target amount is £600..

£400 will be used for hosting costs with around, £120 being used for licensing fees and Domain name Renewal. Anything left over will be used for site improvements. This will keep the site up and running for an additional 2 years, however of course we intend for this to be longer with our own contributions. If we exceed our Target, then of course we will put the extra toward keeping the site up and running for longer.

All payments can be made securely via Paypal.. We suggest sending any Payment made via Paypal mark as a 'Gift' to avoid Paypal fees.

Donations can be made via the side bar in the Homepage, Forum or via the 'Donate' link in the Forum Header. For those using Tapatalk, you can make donations via this following link.. http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?donate/

I will try and post a 'thank you' to all those that have donated in this thread, however if you wish to remain anonymous simply submit donation as anonymous when making your donation.

Lastly we would like to say thanks in advance to all those who wish to contribute.. this site would be nothing without your valuable input and content that has been posted over the years..

Last edited:
Ok, almost three years ago we admin realised we couldn't afford to keep this site running ourselves, thanks to us all having wives & kids stealing all our cash to frivolously spend on luxuries like food & clothing.

The choice was between donations & running adverts, we didn't want the latter. Thankfully you guys came & generously donated enough to keep us going for the last three years, ad-free.

That money is almost gone, we have six months left.

Redninja has set up some clever donation thing, the link is at the bottom of this post.

Also, there's gonna be some admin changes, Fabio is stepping down, ending the Windever dynasty, & redninja has asked to be relieved from running the site thanks to personal issues meaning he no longer has the time to devote to keeping this site running smoothly as we all spout shite on a daily basis. Andy/herronceared will be stepping up once again to the mod plate, although understandably he will have his hands full a lot in his personal life too!

If any of you know how to do any of this running a website or code malarkey please give us a shout, cos otherwise as soon as something goes wrong we'll have an issue getting it back up & running.

Here's the donation thread, if you can afford, please chip in to keep us going. Thanking you muchly X

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?donate/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, almost three years ago we admin realised we couldn't afford to keep this site running ourselves, thanks to us all having wives & kids stealing all our cash to frivolously spend on luxuries like food & clothing.

The choice was between donations & running adverts, we didn't want the latter. Thankfully you guys came & generously donated enough to keep us going for the last three years, ad-free.

That money is almost gone, we have six months left.

Redninja has set up some clever donation thing, the link is at the bottom of this post.

Also, there's gonna be some admin changes, Fabio is stepping down, ending the Windever dynasty, & redninja has asked to be relieved from running the site thanks to personal issues meaning he no longer has the time to devote to keeping this site running smoothly as we all spout shite on a daily basis. Andy/herronceared will be stepping up once again to the mod plate, although understandably he will have his hands full a lot in his personal life too!

If any of you know how to do any of this running a website or code malarkey please give us a shout, cos otherwise as soon as something goes wrong we'll have an issue getting it back up & running.

Here's the donation thread, if you can afford, please chip in to keep us going. Thanking you muchly X

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/donate-to-us.90663/

How much do you need?

[Edit] Ahh - £600. Have donated. All good.

I didn't think I had Paypal, but apparently I do.

But I'm not that confident I've actually contributed, as opposed to given some Nigerian scam artist £20 and all of my bank details.

I didn't think I had Paypal, but apparently I do.

But I'm not that confident I've actually contributed, as opposed to given some Nigerian scam artist £20 and all of my bank details.
Your 200 million will be transferred into your account by direct bank transfer.

You just need to provide me your full credit card number, start date, expiry date & the security number on the reverse, & I will process your payment.

I donated, but I'm embarrassed about the amount, a bit strapped for cash at the moment. Preparing to move to another apartment....
Don't be embarrassed, it all adds up, & I'm sure we all have times when we're strapped for cash.

It's appreciated no matter the amount.

I suppose this is the appropriate place to say a massive fair play to Jono for all the work he has done.
Some of his views might be questionable but I believe it is indisputable that the site wouldn't be near as slick and easy to use without his efforts these last number of years.
Well done and thanks mate.
:)

Last edited:
I suppose this is the appropriate place to say a massive fair play to Jono for all the work he has done.
Some of his views might be questionable but I believe it is indisputable that the site wouldn't be near as slick and easy to use with out his efforts these last number of years.
Well done and thanks mate.
:)
He's done a helluva lot, when you remember what this site looked like when it was first setup, today's site is much slicker, more usable & a lot easier to use on the go too, all that's thanks to jono.

He's got a big job on moving the site server so it will run on the latest forum software too.

Hopefully one of the posters on here will be able to take the reins from him following that move.

I will still be around in the background, I just won't be able to devote the time I once had to this site over the coming months

I will still be around in the background, I just won't be able to devote the time I once had to this site over the coming months
Good stuff. I wouldn't want these hallions running the place!

I'll donate once I can remember my PayPal details.

I'll donate once I'm back in China (in Florence for the wife's birthday as we speak) as I'm using her laptop and I certainly don't want her knowing my PayPal details ! If I haven't contributed by the end of October someone send me a PM as I will have forgotten (and don't be embarrassed to do so) !

Back
Top Bottom