1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

The Klopp Problem

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by 6TimesaRed, Feb 23, 2021 at 10:32.

1. 6TimesaRed

6TimesaRed Not a Bot.... Administrator

Injuries side..is his philosophy getting in the way of Liverpool's success this season...
    ?

We saw similar problems happen with Dortmund in his final season.. Injuries derailing their campaign.

Klopp trying to fulfill his philosophy with his tried and trusted methods.  Does he need to resort to a plan B ?  Does he have a plan B.. ??

Even in our first season under klopp with a very disjointed Team he inherited, we performed better than we are doing now, with players arguably less effective than we have now in most positions..

So what does Klopo need to change..

For me back to basics would be a good place to Start..

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 10:41
  2. Woland

Woland Part of the Furniture Member

He's fucking boss. Don't care what happened at Southbound

jan, mwake, redblack7 and 8 others like this.
  3. Hansern

Hansern SCM Addict Member

We've just won about every game we've played for the last two years. So, no.
    The squad needs to be restarted with some fresh faces and we need players back from injuries.
    But, Klopp and our team need fans back in the stadium. Desperately.

mwake, Jürgen4PM, peekay and 3 others like this.
  4. HC

HC Very Well-Known Member

I really don't see how anyone can look past our starting CB's missing the entire season alongside numerous other injuries being the sole reason why we've been dogshite for 8 weeks, I struggle to see a plan B.

I guess the next closest, is wait for Hendo to be fit and actually play him in midfield, or go fully meta and stick Fab back into midfield and play Kabak and Davies

5. jexykrodic

jexykrodic Well-Known Member

It's almost as if you lose your key players you're not as good.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. Hansern

City lost Laporte and was shite last season, but no one talked about that. We lose 78 CBs and are suddenly the worst defending champions in the history of football.

Shadey, peekay and Hass like this.
  7. jexykrodic

jexykrodic Well-Known Member

I think most people can see why we are not as good but they do not want to say so because it's against tribal rules

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 15:29
    peekay and Mersey86 like this.
  8. moron

moron i am legend Member

Fuck knows what is going on right now in the heads of our players - but I would rather get rid of everyone in our team before I get rid of Klopp and right now would prefer relegation than get rid of Klopp because I just cannot see who we get that will feel the pulse of the supporters like he does.

That said - when you talk about philosophy - what exactly do you mean ? - the Klopp football we witnessed in his first 1.5 seasons is nothing like the football we saw in the CL final losing year, and the football we saw last year was different to the football we saw the year we won the CL.  There is also a different type of football this season that is based on more possession of the ball than probably any other team.  Perhaps the system / formation of 4-3-3 has remained the same for the most part but there has not been a single philosophy - the way we play has been determined more by the skill and ability of the players we have to get the best out of them.  As for back to basics - I think that message has be re-iterated to the players many times, we just got to accept that defense mistakes will occur when you have a bunch of defenders who are inexperienced at this current level and the team.

The only thing we can do right now is actually attack and maintain the possession football to actually use attack as the best form of defense, and all these players coming back from injury in the last few weeks are hardly your defensive types are they ? - they are all attacking mids.

Red Bird likes this.
  9. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

I really don't see it as our problem, we are the victim of a load of bad circumstances. So we should just ride it out, hope we can scrape 4th and see what happens in the Champions League.

Then have a good pre-season. Replace the likes of Divock, Shaq and Ox with players on the edge of making a jump forward (like Jota).  Easier said that done.  But that work is already ongoing.

Whaddapie, peekay and Woland like this.
  10. Hansern

While I like Gini and all he has contributed with, I think its time to move on from there aswell.

11. tomasjj

tomasjj Well-Known Member

As has been harped on about before, all the injuries and a tired team means we need to play and set up differently.

12. binomial

binomial Very Active Member

It's clear the whole morale of the team has been shot because of the constant mounting of injuries, how is any manager even with infinite plans supposed to make it work or get any rhythme going when we've had 17 different CB partnerhips FFS that's insane..you can't plan for that.

At the start of the season we were carrying on our fine form so identifying when/where the problems started are obvious.

I don't think we've managed to overturn a deficit/win a game going level at HT this season, or maybe once I can't recall? that's a big concern and needs addressing now.

13. Modo

Modo A contentious scando Member

I think we in some way have been over-performing.
    We have a great starting XI when everyone's fit but it's a massive drop off from there.
    Why haven't we been successful in the domestic cups, while City are winning quadruples? It's because they basically have two teams. We've barely had a team and half and it has caught up to us.
    There are way too many non-contributing mediocre players among our back-ups and now that our starting XI took a major hit this season both injury- and form-wise, our backups weren't there to bail us out.
    Jota was a step in the right direction, but in all honesty the likes of Origi, Shaq and Ox shouldn't be in the club. You can add Naby and the rest of the sicknotes as well. I mean Matip can be top class but what's the point if he's not around when needed?
    Then again, is he really a back up? Cause' he's better than Gomez.

Who do we blame? FSG? Sure.
    Klopp? Sure.
    But most importantly, that motherfucking virus.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021 at 10:07
    RedStar, peekay, MaBigTip and 2 others like this.
  14. 6TimesaRed

6TimesaRed Not a Bot.... Administrator

Square peg round hole approach I felt Klopp has moved to facilitate the injury crisis..

And yes why wouldn't he.. because his methods have proved successful in the past..

However the square peg round hole approach has required the squad needing more pegs elsewhere, particularly more so when we lost all 1st choice CBs..

When I say back to basics approach..  players in the respective positions should be a start..

The flip side to Hendo being injured, we might well see CB now playing as CBs.. Our current best CB, and he has been decent whenever called upon, tbf.. Phillips can't even get a game.

It just worries me with Fabinho coming back he will prioritize him in defence.  When our midfield is now the problem..

I would like to see Fabinho, Winjaldum and Keita  as the midfield 3...

Plenty of bite and legs with that.

Thiago at this point should be a bench option..  Jones the same too, in fact I would have him in the team over Thiago right now....  but rotated with 1 out of wijnaldum or Keita

Having both Thiago and Curtis on the pitch at the same time its like is suicide.. signing our own death warrent..

Both are players that essentially can unlock defences, great options to have from the bench..  But both at the same time... Ouch..  it limits our usual strengths..

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 12:00
    moron and Red Bird like this.
  15. binomial

binomial Very Active Member

Fans didn't expect to see the massive drop off.

Normal for performance levels to not be as good but dropping as many points as we have against utter shite, losing home games to fucking dross for me is totally unacceptable.

Championship sides have beaten the likes of Newcastle, Brighton and Burnley this season.

16. Buddha

Buddha Well-Known Member

“Injuries aside”...

For fucks sake...

17. Farkmaster

Farkmaster Very Well-Known Member

I had a great year pandemic aside.

Pesam, moron, Jürgen4PM and 11 others like this.
  18. HC

HC Very Well-Known Member

See, I don't see a world where we don't miss Gini, he was never a goalscorer for us, never the creative maestro but we're going to miss his ball carrying, retention and combative nature in midfield for sure.

I guess I see it as, we have zero injuries, VVD, Gomez,Jota have played all matches up til now, we're top 2 comfortably and Gini is a big part of that reason, I really think he's understated by his role and underestimated by fans.

19. Mersey86

Mersey86 Unknown Member

Maybe so - but we are not really getting the time for such mid-season transformation when we are playing 2 games a week.

20. Red Mullet

Red Mullet Well-Known Member

He actually wrote “Injuries side” which is actually correct.

HC likes this.