• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"The last four teams to be top at Xmas have won the title"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikas

Active
I know Chelsea have to get something against Arsenal first, but that was a little spine tingling..

First half we were brilliant in patches.
Not our best performance but I'll take it every day of the week.

A question I'm more interested in, out of all the teams who have been top at Christmas, have any of them not finished in the top 3?

Cardiff manager Malky Mackay: "I told the players how proud I was of them. We were excellent until Luis Suarez showed why he is just about the best player in the world right now. I told them not to go under and we stayed in the game. Liverpool will be challenging for the league this year."

I like Malky McKay - shite player, but doing well as a manager.

What kind of a name is malky? Sounds an adjective used to describe urea content in animal feed or something.

What kind of a name is malky? Sounds an adjective used to describe urea content in animal feed or something.

Someone like Oncy knows how to do this type of thread without pissing off the universe.

Alas this amatuerish cock up we have instead has certainly ended our title hopes.

No team has won the title after finishing outside the top 3 in the previous season since Leeds in 1991-92 (came 4th in 90-91).

Crazy how tight the league is this year. We are top today and could easily be fifth on the 26th.

Screen_Shot_2013_12_23_at_4_59_01_PM.png

But only once has a team that was top at Christmas finished outside the top 4.

The league has never been this tight before though.

It's tight as fuck at the top. On the positive side, it's hard to see any of the teams below breaking into the top 5. Judging by the points and the goal difference, there is a bit of gap and hopefully it will keep growing.

So for all of Arsenal's attacking brilliance, we've banged in 9 more goals, while Citeh have banged in 19 more goals than them!

Next two fixtures for the top 8 teams.

Us, obviously:
City (Away)
Chelsea (Away)

Arsenal:
West Ham (Away)
Newcastle (Away)

City:
Us (Home)
Crystal Palace (Home)

Chelsea:
Swansea (Home)
Liverpool (Home)

Everton:
Sunderland (Home)
Southampton (Home)

Newcastle:
Stoke (Home)
Arsenal (Home)

Tottenham:
West Brom (Home)
Stoke (Home)

Man Utd:
Hull (Away)
Norwich (Away)

Yeah this last four teams to be top at xmas stat is irrelevant. This is a different season, the league has never been this tight...at least not when i have been watching it. So if we sit on our arse, we will fall behind.

The immediate thought should be on closing out Decemeber in a positive fashion.

Hopefully our players don't return fat for the boxing day fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom