• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"The Liverpool Way"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintGeorge67

Well-Known
Not the forum, the ideology. It's done isn't it? We don't pursue Mourinho because running down the touchline "isn't the liverpool way" (I'm sure its not the paisley way, but shankly walked on the pitch against ajax to bollock his players). We don't sack managers and the fans support them through and through. Walk on etc.

I'm not a scouser, but it's time to stop isn't it?

And just to add, integrity and accountability should count for a great deal to me. I just don't agree with "folklore" for the sake of it.

We only started talking about the 'Liverpool Way' when we stopped winning stuff. Some of our traditions still apply, and we are still one of a few big clubs who give manager's plenty of time, but for many it's become a comfort blanket for mediocrity on the pitch. You can barely raise legitimate concerns about a manager these days without some snotty over sensitive tit accusing you of destroying 'THE LIVERPOOL WAY!!'

It was always about being the best.

Pass and move its the Liverpool groove.

I'd like to see some passing!

Attack Attack
Attack Attack Attack! I'd like to see some of that too....

Please Rafa, if your still in charge on the 26th never never never play 2 holding midfielders on the pitch again, (unless its v a really really good side) 2 holding midfielders against the bottom club?

Its not rocket science is it?

TAKE THE CHAINS OFF AND LET US PLAY!

[quote author=Asbo link=topic=38020.msg1018634#msg1018634 date=1261327940]

[/quote]

DO IT!

[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=38020.msg1018636#msg1018636 date=1261328156]
[quote author=Asbo link=topic=38020.msg1018634#msg1018634 date=1261327940]

[/quote]

DO IT!
[/quote]

x2, but with our confidence at the minute we might just concede more :'(

'The Liverpool way' wouldn't stop us pursuing Mourinho - not a chance.

As others have said, the first priority of Liverpool Football Club has to be trophies and success. Everything else, including great noble traditions and ideologies, has to come second.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=38020.msg1018662#msg1018662 date=1261331534]
'The Liverpool way' wouldn't stop us pursuing Mourinho - not a chance.

As others have said, the first priority of Liverpool Football Club has to be trophies and success. Everything else, including great noble traditions and ideologies, has to come second.
[/quote]

Sadly i agree. They used to go hand in hand and it helped us so much through darker years, however i do believe money has changed the game. Sucess is comparable to the size of the wallet. When you do get a team punching well above their weight, then it is a pleasant surprise, but on the whole we do need to sacrifice a piece of ourselves to achieve consistent success.

Is it desirable? No
Is it essential? Sadly, yes

If Liverpool thought we could get Mourinho here, Liverpool Way be fucked, we'd be all over it

Sadly, I think he's too smart to chance a possible financial meltdown and no cash for new players; because let's face it, any fucking fule can see our squad needs major - and expensive a - surgery;

Lucarse, Insua, Skittles, Drossena, Aurelio, Voronin, Babel and Riera need shipping out

The likes of Kuyt, Casper, Eggnog, Agger et al need more competition and quality to ensure they do not play every week

If/when Rafa is going to be replaced I'd be well fucked off if we were to hire a manager with more or less the same approach and attitude (tactic-wise) as him.

We need someone attacking-minded, someone who's not affraid of taking risks in a positive way and a person who's going to attract top talent too. (Mourinho only ticks the last box).

doing things 'the Liverpool way' has held us back..

when the premiership came about other teams changed to adapt to what the future was to hold.. as change was needed. Man UTD became the force they are now..

we continued to do things 'the Liverpool Way'...

Speaks for itself.. Whilst I am one for tradition.. and the glorious History of our Beloved club has, doing things 'the Liverpool way' is what has arguably for me held us back.

...and if we win our remaining 20 games we'll have 87 points and we had 86 last year.. *shakes head*

[quote author=FPI Project link=topic=38020.msg1018749#msg1018749 date=1261340571]
...and if we win our remaining 20 games we'll have 87 points and we had 86 last year.. *shakes head*
[/quote]

So you think we'll win our remaining 20 games??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom